Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter Renegotiation
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
Right but it could save up to 7.8 M off the cap now.
To sign who?  
Good question.  They must have something up their sleeve. 

There is an unsubstantiated tweet about them trading Harris for an offensive lineman which naturally makes you think Trent Williams.
[Image: 5afd1txcxwl0.jpg]
I do not know of any other free agent besides Clowney which would be amazing.

somehow adding Clowney and Williams would have every smart mouthed fan ( :3 ) eating a big ol slice of shut the fuck up pie.....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
To sign who?  

There is an unsubstantiated tweet about them trading Harris for an offensive lineman which naturally makes you think Trent Williams.

somehow adding Clowney and Williams would have every smart mouthed fan ( :3 ) eating a big ol slice of shut the fuck up pie.....
I'd proudly have several slices!!!

I know one thing. There’s not an offensive coach in the league wants anything to do with a Hunter/Clowney bookend combo. Want to help a young secondary. That’s how you do it. Will be interesting to see what they are planning here.

CLowney and kinlaw in the draft would make the Vikes fun to watch.

Vikings look like they now have $14M in cap space and that's with Ant Harris's $11M on the books. $25M if they trade Harris. Am I wrong?

@JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
To sign who?  

Maybe the other Redskin - CB - Dunbar the 6'2 CB age 27?  I just started a thread about him being put on the trade block.  I would rather him then a short term lease of Trent.  We need interior OL not Tackles - IMO

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
To sign who?  

Maybe the other Redskin - CB - Dunbar the 6'2 CB age 27?  I just started a thread about him being put on the trade block.  I would rather him then a short term lease of Trent.  We need interior OL not Tackles - IMO
Not a bad thought.  But Williams is much better than Reiff.  How long can Williams keep up his level of play?

@minny65 said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
To sign who?  

Not a bad thought.  But Williams is much better than Reiff.  How long can Williams keep up his level of play?
He's only 31 at a position that typically ages well. Whitworth and Peters are 38. Even if he only lasts half that long, he's got another good 3 or 4 years. Age is not a big factor with Williams. His contract is though. 

Williams turns 32 July 19th.

Williams has not played  all 16 games since 2013. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillTr21.htm

I think it would be foolish to move a lot of his salary into future years to create cap space.

What they should be doing is ripping up that deal and giving him a new one.

I think a 5 yr 95 mil deal is appropriate.

It will be tricky because he has 3 mil in prorated signing bonus still on the book the next 3 years.

The young man is due and deserves a raise.
There is no way the Vikings will go back and give him a new contract now, its not the business you want to be getting yourself into. They will give him a new deal after next season which actually helps Hunter more since the cap will have jumped from the new TV deals. In the meantime they will take care of him, a great example is paying him his $500K incentive for sacks although he came up 1/2 a sack short.