Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter Rumor Another WR Gets Moved Today
A 1st and a 4th...if that 1st gets you Jerry Jeudy or better...clears cap for a potential FA for the OL...

Oh good lord. A new beginning could mean anything. Maybe it's a comment on his personal life. Maybe it's because of Cousins new contract. I will believe a move when I actually hear that he is getting traded. The speculation on tweets for articles, clicks and likes is just unbelievable.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
All I will say is if it is Diggs, we better get a haul...a Percy Harvin kind of thing...actually, better than that. Diggs puts Percy to shame.

Agreed. Diggs is a top 10 WR on a team-friendly deal. I gotta think his true value is around the 15th overall pick. But his tweets and alleged disgruntled ways could really depress his value.
I hope the Vikings can keep him.
Wild speculation- If the Vikings knew for a fact that extending Kirk meant losing Diggs, I wonder if that factored into their decision at all. QB is obviously the far and away #1 priority, but Diggs is pretty darn good...

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Oh good lord. A new beginning could mean anything. Maybe it's a comment on his personal life. Maybe it's because of Cousins new contract. I will believe a move when I actually hear that he is getting traded. The speculation on tweets for articles, clicks and likes is just unbelievable.
True...he could be transitioning.

DIGGS
@stefondiggs
· 4m
Replying to @zack_a9Nah this ain’t one of them times champ. Somethings going to happen.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Im sure the timing is just coincidental to the trade rumors,  or maybe its him feeding some kind of inner demon that enjoys torturing his fans?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
A 1st and a 4th...if that 1st gets you Jerry Jeudy or better...clears cap for a potential FA for the OL...
But whom on the OL? Skins tagged Smurf. Pats tagged Thuney. Colts kept Castonzo.

The truth is Minnesota was never in the market for those guys even if they had hit FA, regardless of cap space. A Tier 1 FA @ LT. 1st Round Center. 2nd Round RT. And Tier 1 LG? That's too much capital. Look at the Playoff Teams. Did any of them have that much invested in the Line?

Minnesota only needs a Tier 3 FA to upgrade from Elf, just like Kline, a Tier 3 FA was a massive upgrade from Remmers. Even if Rick had cut nobody and hadn't restructured Cousins they were still always going to be able to afford a Tier 3 LG.

The good news is now they can realistically look at Tier 2 guys like McGovern and Ragnow. Still, I'd prefer drafting the LT of the future and playing him at LG for one year.

Moving Diggs is not and never was a necessity for fixing the O-Line unless you're playing Madden GM.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Im sure the timing is just coincidental to the trade rumors,  or maybe its him feeding some kind of inner demon that enjoys torturing his fans?

I think he enjoys the "Me me me, me me, me me-me.  me me me mememe!" freedom Twitter gives him.  It's tedious and repetitive but makes good copy.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

I think he enjoys the "Me me me, me me, me me-me.  me me me mememe!" freedom Twitter gives him.  It's tedious and repetitive but makes good copy.
Chad Greenway approves this message.

Stefon Diggs says, “It’s time for a new beginning”
Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2020, 2:59 PM EDT
[Image: GettyImages-1199065210-e1584385067735.jp...316&crop=1]Three weeks ago at the Scouting Combine, I asked Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman to look into the camera and, in honor of the seven-year anniversary of the Percy Harvin trade, say, “We have no intent to trade Stefon Diggs.”
Spielman laughed and said: “Stefon Diggs is a Minnesota Viking.”
Added Chris Simms: “That means absolutely nothing.”
Indeed it didn’t. Diggs has tweeted that “[i]t’s time for a new beginning.” Which given that his message is coming on the first day of the free-agency tampering period suggests that he’s talking not about a new hobby or a new house or a new car but a new job.
Diggs, an excellent receiver who from time to time shows a streak of moodiness, was a fifth-round pick of the Vikings in 2014. He signed a five-year, $72 million deal in 2018.
A trade would create a $9 million cap charge but create a net cap gain of $1.9 million.
His comment comes on the same day the Vikings signed quarterback Kirk Cousins to a two-year extension, through 2022. Which invites speculation that, with the Vikings keeping Cousins, Diggs has decided he wants out.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/stefon-diggs-says-its-time-for-a-new-beginning/