Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: The Trump Presidency is Over
Keep to the subject and refrain from personal attacks or generalized insults. 

Isn’t Ted Cruz a fan favorite here, highly intelligent?  Even Republicans acknowledge the response was slow and shitty:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/while-self-quarantine-sen-ted-cruz-critical-trump-024410696--abc-news-topstories.html

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has been a loyal supporter of President Donald Trump, but he was critical of the administration’s response to the ongoing public health crisis over novel coronavirus and its rollout of tests, saying it was "undoubtedly" too slow.
"There are areas in the public health crisis that I think the administration has done well," Cruz, who remains in self-quarantine due to the virus, told ABC News Live Friday evening. "There are areas where they have not done as well, and they need to do better."
"I think the rollout of the test was clearly problematic," he added. "There were mistakes in terms of the efficacy."
He later added that tests should have been delivered across the country "with speed and efficiency," and said that the "bureaucracy was a little bit slow in bringing the private sector into it."

Ted Cruz now a Trump hater too I guess ...

Quote:"There are areas in the public health crisis that I think the administration has done well,"
A real Trump hater wouldn't even backhand a compliment to the guy.

and a real, real Trump hater would have deleted that quote from the article  :p

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
irrelevant, Trump has done a wonderful job handling this, and no matter what he does or doesnt do, people like you will just cast blame
So, when he called the coronavirus a hoax, that was a wonderful job of handling the situation? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
irrelevant, Trump has done a wonderful job handling this, and no matter what he does or doesnt do, people like you will just cast blame
So, when he called the coronavirus a hoax, that was a wonderful job of handling the situation? 
No, but Trump blaming the CDC - whose budget he cut - and of course blaming Obama (because the cult loves a good BUT HILLARY/OBAMA moment for everything) before calling a PBS reporter’s question “nasty” when asked if he was response for dismantling the pandemic response team put in place by Obama.  Then he declared “I’m not responsible”, someone in my administration cut it but it wasn’t me. 

Of course this was a week after another weekend of golfing on taxpayer dime, then flying to yet another campaign rally and calling it a hoax while the rest of the world leaders were mobilizing and planning how to keep their people safe.

Wonderful job!  Nobody could have done better!  You know the doctors all tell him “Wow, how do you know so much about this virus stuff?”.  He just has a natural knack for it I guess.

The arrogance and stupidity of Trump is going to cost lives.  

Remember when Republicans wouldn’t shut up about the Hillary and Obama response to Benghazi that cost 4 American lives?  Yeah, add several zeroes when this is over and we will see if they are just as outraged by Dr Trump golfing and going to rallies when he knew people were getting sick.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I believe he is being mis quoted there,  iirc he was calling the media's coverage of the virus a hoax,  not the virus itself.  I think we can all agree that the media has been doing a disservice to the country in how they have been covering this and allowing the fear and irrational reactions to run the storyline and not the facts.  Hell I have learned more facts on the disease listening to doctors on sports radio than i have the coverage on main stream news agencies.

He called it a new Democratic hoax.

The hoax is the dems politicization of it.  not the actual virus. 

History will be the judge and we'll see come Fall how our country judges. 

I'm underwhelmed how this administration has dealt with many things including COVID 19 and down-right saddened by much. 

For me it's simple, this administration policies don't reflect my personal values; the role I see of the US in the world, the role of govt, protection of our planet for tomorrow, protecting vulnerable members of society and so much more.

They therefore won't get my vote...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I believe he is being mis quoted there,  iirc he was calling the media's coverage of the virus a hoax,  not the virus itself.  I think we can all agree that the media has been doing a disservice to the country in how they have been covering this and allowing the fear and irrational reactions to run the storyline and not the facts.  Hell I have learned more facts on the disease listening to doctors on sports radio than i have the coverage on main stream news agencies.

Trump’s press conferences and rally speeches are so riddled with inaccuracies, mis-truths and blatant falsehoods they had to have follow up interviews with officials to “clarify” his remarks.  People know that he was lying so it incites panic because his inability to be truthful and honest during a crisis just went out the window.

- Trump and Pence said Google was setting up a national website to help, they released a statement that they were not doing anything of the sort.
- Trump blamed the Dems for a hoax regarding the severity and lack of response by his administration.

Trump timeline:

Jan 22:  “We have it totally under control.  It’s just one person from China coming in.”
Feb 24:  “The coronavirus is very much under control in USA.  Stock market is looking very good to me!”
Feb 25:  “I think it’s a problem that’s going to go away.  In fact, we are very close to a vaccine.”. (No we are not close to a vaccine)
Feb 26:  “ We are going substantially down, not up” 
Feb 27:  “One day, it’s like a miracle, it will just disappear”
March 4:  “If We have thousands of or hundreds of thousands of people that get better by just, you know, sitting around and even going to work - some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 6:  “Anybody right now and yesterday that needs a test can get a test ( Not true) They’re there.  And the tests are beautiful ... the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect.  The transcription was perfect right?  This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”  
March 6:  “I like this stuff.  I really get it.  People are surprised that I understand it.  Every one of those doctors said, “How do you know so much about this?”   Maybe I have a natural ability.  Maybe I should have done that instead of run for President”.  
March 9:  “This blindsided the world”

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the 45th President of the United States.  God help us.