Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers' Luke Kuechly Retires at 28
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Good for him. This is a decision more players should make. Kuechly is only 28 years old, he's got his whole life ahead of him and plenty of money. His wife is a doctor. Its not worth risking being crippled or having CTE in your 40s. 
Agreed.  With the multiple concussions, this is no surprise really.  Be smart, enjoy the life he has earned.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Good for him. This is a decision more players should make. Kuechly is only 28 years old, he's got his whole life ahead of him and plenty of money. His wife is a doctor. Its not worth risking being crippled or having CTE in your 40s. 
I did not hear that before. Wife is a doctor. I'm sure she had alot of input.  I don't see how any doctor could sit. Back and support this type of activity. Especially if concussions were involved and it's a loved one.
Time for the next chapter honey.
Happy wife happy life they say.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
I did not hear that before. Wife is a doctor. I'm sure she had alot of input.  I don't see how any doctor could sit. Back and support this type of activity. Especially if concussions were involved and it's a loved one.
Time for the next chapter honey.
Happy wife happy life they say.
I heard on the radio this morning that he had something like 10 registered concussions. Those aren't including the ones he had off record. I think it was time for him to retire.