Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Zim To Be New DC?
Corrie and Markie Zimmer will be joining the staff to coach db's and lb's.  Zims 98 year old grandmother will sit upstairs in the booth and hold the binoculars for Kubiak.  Her staff salary will be $87,000/yr.

Maybe Zimms kid will be a genius at it? Kendricks has certainly blossomed. 

But DC feels to me like the next staff position that needs autonomy from Zimmer and challenge him constructively as FSU pointed out. 

Overall I'm luke-warm to this. 

If it helps us win more than 1 playoff game... GREAT.  If not, then get rid of both the fathers and the sons.

This is all likely a one year deal unless something crazy happens

While nepotism is a big part of coaching, it still wouldn't look great for Adam Zimmer and Klint Kubiak to be our new coordinators. Both have put their time in as assistant coaches, so they are not unqualified, and there is some merit to trying to keep both schemes in tact. Though I think that defense in particular is in need of some new ideas and I worry that Adam Zimmer may not be the check and balance that Mike Zimmer needs. Maybe he surprises us and he's full of new ideas, but I would be weary if he's the hire. I honestly wouldn't have minded bringing in a college DC here, since they have should have a lot more experience dealing with the spread offenses that have become popular the past few years. If the hire is from within, then we are relying on whatever new assistants are hired to change things up.

Is Wade Philips still available?

I liked him in Denver, but he calls an aggressive game.

Quote: @"Clanzomaelan" said:
Is Wade Philips still available?

I liked him in Denver, but he calls an aggressive game.
The key word yesterday was continuity,  Philip's doesnt fit the narrative.

I honestly don't see the issue: the D is Mike Zimmer's baby anyway, he calls the game on D. Put in Alf at defensive coordinator for all I care. 

[Image: 56131-Alf-headphones-music.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I honestly don't see the issue: the D is Mike Zimmer's baby anyway, he calls the game on D. Put in Alf at defensive coordinator for all I care. 

[Image: 56131-Alf-headphones-music.jpg]
Agreed.  If he knows his stuff...and his resume seems to say he does...he can do the job.  I can't see him being intimidated by his ol' man anymore than any outside hire and probably has more sway with him.