Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Gray Out - Per Tom Pelissero
Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
I guess the band is moving to Cleveland, eh?
Quote:  
The Window is now CLOSED on this  Vikings defense.

Coaching changes will be followed by personnel losses.

There could be new starters at 5 positions , possibly?

DE
NT
CB
CB
SS

I hope they bring Waynes back... but only at a team-friendly deal (less than $10 million).  I'm not as down on him as others seem to be.  And I certainly don't think that we're going to let Harris- or Harrison- go.  But I agree about the other spots (2 DL + 1 DB) 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Rats are jumping ship!
...actually being PUSHED

I think they are being lured by huge piles of cheese in Cleveland. Whether their ship is safer than this one is pretty debatable.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
I guess the band is moving to Cleveland, eh?
Quote:  
The Window is now CLOSED on this  Vikings defense.

Coaching changes will be followed by personnel losses.

There could be new starters at 5 positions , possibly?

DE
NT
CB
CB
SS

Isn't it actually as many as 3 CBs? I count the slot/nickel CB as a starting position - that player can get twice as many reps as the 3rd LB. (And is our starter there Eric Wilson, who is a RFA?)
I see even more potential turnover - by name, we have to answer questions about the following defensive contributors:
Xavier Rhodes - declining
Trae Waynes - free agent
Mac Alexander - free agent
Anthony Haris - free agent
Eric Wilson ("starting" OLB, maybe does not count if you are totally comfortable with Gedeon) - restricted free agent so he's likely back
Everson Griffen - free agent (I believe the contract beyond this year has voided)
Linvalle Joseph - declining/aging while salary rising
Shamar Stephen - technically our starting 3T, not an ideal fit and I see his cap hit jumps to $5M in 2020. Probably at least a camp battle and maybe a position targeted in the draft

Would it be easier to list the "solid" pieces of the defense going into 2020? By my count that's Hunter, Kendricks, Barr, and Smith.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:

Would it be easier to list the "solid" pieces of the defense going into 2020? By my count that's Hunter, Kendricks, Barr, and Smith.

Odenigbo?