Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the 25th pick in the 2020 draft....
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@comet52 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Kirk Cousins and Dalvin Cook's new best friend.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/mekhi...WccGuYhcMG
See the article at the bottom where someone is comparing him to Bryant McKinnie... not sure that's a good thing lol.
I think as long as we keep him in dry land we'll be ok.
As long as he has McKinnie's physical tools and not his brain, he should be an All Pro.
I think that's the case...there just aren't a lot of guys that size that can move like that...

For what its worth, because you know trader Rick will move off some of these picks:

(Vikings picks)

1. (25)
2. (57)
3. (89)
(No 5th round pick.  Traded to Baltimore for punter who was cut in preseason)
7.(from MIA for Danny Isidora)

Plus a 3, 6, and 7 potentially from Comp picks...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
A useful tweet from everyone's favorite...another sign of the apocalypse

The #Vikings will pick No. 25 in the draft for the seventh time. They took guard John Ward in 1970, tackle Steve Riley in 1974, DE Mark Mullaney in 1975, DT James White in 1976, DT Chris Hovan in 2000 and CB Xavier Rhodes in 2013
Good Lord, Chris Hovan - thats a name I have not heard in a long time. Wasn't he a high energy guy with lots of potential? What the hell happened to him? Injuries derail his career?

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/1/2...ick-update

Rick Spielman closer to owning entire seventh round  Wink

I hate to say it but I think it has to be a corner. Rhodes won't be back. And I've heard that Alexander wants to test the market, and likely won't be back. Waynes will get much more than he's worth. Can we afford it? Can we afford to lose all three starting corners? Making matters worse, there seems to be some sort of low key buzz going around that Mike Hughes' neck injury is serious--does this mean career threatening? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I hate to say it but I think it has to be a corner. Rhodes won't be back. And I've heard that Alexander wants to test the market, and likely won't be back. Waynes will get much more than he's worth. Can we afford it? Can we afford to lose all three starting corners? Making matters worse, there seems to be some sort of low key buzz going around that Mike Hughes' neck injury is serious--does this mean career threatening? 
Waynes is in the catbird seat.  Don't think we can lose all three.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't think we can afford to do the same thing over and over and over...we are not advancing with our current philosophy...

And I won't be the least bit surprised if we go CB.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
I don't think we can afford to do the same thing over and over and over...we are not advancing with our current philosophy...

And I won't be the least bit surprised if we go CB.
Give anything to avoid it and draft a starting OL. The strength (or engine) of this team has clearly switched to the offensive side with our receivers, back and QB. We have to find a way to make it go. Maybe we can grab a couple of cheap free agent CBs to fill in there until it can be rebuilt. As long as CBs take to develop in Zimmer's system, it might make more sense to go the experienced route.

We can free up about $37M in cap space by releasing Reiff, Joseph, Griffen and Rhodes. But that quickly starts to disappear when you add in Harris, Cook, Waynes....Still, sure would be nice to fit a Scherff-shaped puzzle piece in there somewhere to go along with a starting tackle from the draft. 

has to be oline or dline. that is where games are won. But picking at 25 probably comes down to whats available.