Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get this....
Run the ball, play defense and win Special Teams is how to win in the playoffs. 

The Vikings did that yesterday.

SF was 4-12 last year, 13-3 this year and they haven't hosted a playoff game since 2012, just sayin this isn't a proven veteran playoff team like the Saints. 

IMHO playing @ the Superdome is worse than @ Levi stadium.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
1 of the top 10 passing teams in the NFL is still alive.......5 of the top 6 rushing teams are still alive.....the 2 Superbowl teams of last year are gone (1 never made it into the playoffs)....7 of the 8 teams left in the playoffs were NOT in the playoffs last year.....

Buckle up. The NFL is cray-cray. 
That kind of turnover is good for the league. One other interesting thing....there are only three teams left who were top 10 in both offense and defense: Ravens, 49ers and Vikings. 
Don't forget Kansas City (assuming you mean top 10 in offensive and defensive scoring).
Yep, you're right. Forgot about them. 

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
I've been saying it all damn season: there are no great teams this season. Make the postseason, get hot and anything can happen.
Ravens look great. 
My only reservation with them is that no QB that runs as much as Jackson has ever won it all.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
I've been saying it all damn season: there are no great teams this season. Make the postseason, get hot and anything can happen.
Ravens look great. 
My only reservation with them is that no QB that runs as much as Jackson has ever won it all.
typically QBs that run that much were more RB than QB,  Jackson has a damn nice arm to go with those open field moves.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
Ravens look great. 
typically QBs that run that much were more RB than QB,  Jackson has a damn nice arm to go with those open field moves.
I acknowledge that. But has there ever been a QB that even rushed for 500 yards that won it all? It's such a big part of their Offense that I'll be intrigued to see what happens if a Defense sells out to force him to beat them from the pocket.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
Ravens look great. 
I acknowledge that. But has there ever been a QB that even rushed for 500 yards that won it all? It's such a big part of their Offense that I'll be intrigued to see what happens if a Defense sells out to force him to beat them from the pocket.
If the Ravens make it to the SB, Jackson will have (probably) taken quite a beating by then.  That's the problem with using your QB as a RB.  We'll see... but since the playoffs are even more intense than the regular season, I'm assuming that- somewhere along the way- L. Jackson is going to take some big hits.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
Ravens look great. 
If the Ravens make it to the SB, Jackson will have (probably) taken quite a beating by then.  That's the problem with using your QB as a RB.  We'll see... but since the playoffs are even more intense than the regular season, I'm assuming that- somewhere along the way- L. Jackson is going to take some big hits.
I think SF and Buffalo did a good job of limiting the damage that he did with his legs.  I think SF lost with Baltimore only scoring 20 points, so there are ways to contain him.

Watch for a renaissance of the FB position...it is after all a copycat league...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Watch for a renaissance of the FB position...it is after all a copycat league...
I never understood why the position ever went out of style.  Alstott, Neal, Centers, Kleinsasser, Tolbert....were a force.

Not to mention Evans and Rathman...it all comes around...