Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Percy Harvin 2.0?
Nice looking weapon, he will get drafted for sure

Antonio Gibson Jr. was an offensive flex player who played both wide receiver and running back at Memphis and has really showcased his versatile skill set through two practices in Mobile. He’s consistently been the most dynamic pass catcher in the one-on-one drills against linebackers. Additionally, he’s looked solid in pass protection. He is still raw as an overall runner out of the backfield due to his inexperience, but his juice and explosiveness are evident in his sharp cuts. With a continuously increasing emphasis on passing game value at the running back position, Gibson could be a player who rises on many boards this spring.

Some love for my boi. Not crazy that they have identified him as a RB, because I think he's more than that. Regardless, if he supplanted Abdullah, they could call him anything they want.

How high is he expected to be drafted? Utility players are great if you get them in round 3 or later, but earlier and it's easy to feel disappointed. If Cordarelle Patterson had been a 3rd-round pick we usually would have been elated at his production.

I think Day 3 is right. Could be one of our 12 7th rounders...

ANTONIO GIBSON, MEMPHISDraft Board Rank: N/AGibson is a unique evaluation, to say the least. While some of the running backs on this list are closing in on 1,000 career touches, Gibson has all of 77 touches in his Memphis career, the vast majority of which came in the second half of 2019. It’s difficult to be more productive and elusive on such limited touches than Gibson was, though. He broke 17 tackles on 38 receptions this past season, and he broke 16 tackles on 33 rushes. The power and balance he showed as a runner was special, not to mention the receiving ability he showed. Gibson played the role filled by Tony Pollard last year when he split time between running back and the slot. We saw how well prepared Pollard looked as a pass-catcher in 2019, and I’d expect Gibson to have similar results.