Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Zimmer and RS under contract next year???

I'll say this: if the Vikings get smoked and look like hot ass cheese in this game against the Saints coupled with the real possibility that Stefanski could go somewhere else, ownership is going to look at this situation HARD. They have to if the rumored love internally for Stefanski exists. But we all know how hyperbolic the media can be, so I don't know what's accurate and to what level it is accurate if it is.

Since when has Stefanaski done something even remotely head coach worthy? Ive yet to see some unstopable game planner. He was given this year with oversight of Kubiac and did ok.  Its not like we light the world on fire. 

Take away plays where defensive lineman we're baited until the ball whizzed by their head, to a guy standing in his old spot 4 yards away from the Quarterback, and I can't really recall a single play where the announcers or somebody gawked over what we drew up. 

I can't understand why with Diggs, Thielen, Cook and Cousins why this shit is our offense. When those guys are on the outside with this QB, 
the running game should just be open. All day. It's sucks there is no inverse to that (pass when the run is taken away), and it's largely (in my opinion) because of this gimmicky one read passing shit we do over and over. Defenses don't have to really cover anybody with this passing attack, they just read and react. Game in and out, we just can't adjust from it. Instead of taking the lumps and working to correct them, we shell up and reduce the scheme.

Why are there no audibles? Does Kirk have discretion to throw the ball to guys he wants to, or are all of our passing plays really as overly designed as they look with no alternative? For all of the talk about our defense being uber talented despite Zimmer, our offense fits that bill so well it's laughable. Cook is carrying this offense while it is tripping all over itself, and Diggs and Thielen have been reduced to just being options for a new kickass weekly gameplan.

For every 20 yard lob I can imagine Drew Bree's tossing down field, I picture Kirk Cousin's holding the ball for 2 seconds before throwing a fade away to someone standing within 5 yards of him. It's madness.

It's the Line Blackmagic. When you load the box and can both stuff the run and get quick pressure there is really only one answer: go Shotgun and dink and dunk their asses until they back off. 

I can't for life of me figure out why Stefanski waits until the team is in a big hole to go Shotgun. Thielen, Diggs and Smith all have the athleticism to get open right off the LOS for 4-5 yard easy pitch and catch plays. But he only does it at the end of halves and in the 4th Quarter when the game is already out of reach. 7 step drops against the Packers and their pass rush was madness.

I'm pretty sure Kevin watched tape of teams hitting big completions against Green Bay's meh CBs and figured he could do it too. What he missed was that the teams doing it had much better O-Line play.

My fear is that Kubiak, Dennison and Stefanski are so in love with the improvements the ZBS has made to make shitty players look average that they somehow truly believe the scheme is making average players play great. There is no scheme to cover for the fact that Elf is as bad as Compton and Remmers. And that their Rookie Center struggles with power. And their LT struggles with speed.

Kevin Stefanski keeps coaching like he has the Cowboys Line. Its cost Minnesota 3 games already. If he doesn't learn his lesson in the Playoffs why should the Wilfs want to keep him?

Are Zimmer and RS under contract next year???So far... Wink B)

Buzz on twitter about Zimmer possibly being traded to the Cowboys. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Since when has Stefanaski done something even remotely head coach worthy? Ive yet to see some unstopable game planner. He was given this year with oversight of Kubiac and did ok.  Its not like we light the world on fire. 

I don't disagree, and although I don't have much faith that Zimmer will get the Vikings a championship, I'm not convinced Stefanski should take his job. I put it out there because rumors say the Wilfs like Stefanski a lot (I wonder if they still regret losing Mike Tomlin), and there is apparently interest in him as a head coaching candidate around the league.
But I wonder if some of that interest is leftover from last offseason and will be diminished? In 2018 Sean McVay became the model for every copycat NFL owner and anyone who was under 40 and had "offense" in their job title or reputation was a HC candidate. But McVay came back to Earth and so did Matt Nagy, Freddie Kitchens was a disaster, and Zac Taylor and Kliff Kingsbury hardly set the league afire. Kyle Shanahan and Matt Lafleur were successful this year so maybe the trend will continue.

Talking heads are saying Stefanski was the runner up to Freddie K. for the Browns job last year and still has a contingent in the FO that want him.

And yes, apparently the Cowboys would have interest in Zimmer if he's let go.