Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did we expect?
Zimmer and Edwards had the D playing well enough to win that game last night. 

Last nights turd was brought to you by an avg OL (at their very best) and a KS plan that defied understanding. 

So much for losing a hot, young coordinator...

Diggs overthrowing Cousins on the trick play was so gross. $%^& me. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Diggs overthrowing Cousins on the trick play was so gross. $%^& me. 
Absolutely.

He would have been better just running it. KC was wide open though lol! 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Many people expected a team that was 0-4 against teams with winning records to easily beat a team that has 11 wins. No idea why.
This to some extent. Didn't get the over-confidence from some on this board about this game. False bravado I think.

I don't expect things from the Vikings. With expectations come severe disappointment with this franchise. I have hopes. Big difference. The only thing that can salvage this year is a playoff run. Don't hold your breath.

The over-confidence went far beyond this board: local media were literally assuming the Vikings had this game (and the next) in the bag. One of the sports talk stations spent an entire afternoon complaining about the injustice of the 12-4 Vikings being a #5 or even #6 seed!! I guess that's one less thing to be angered about...
We are very narrowly favored over the Bears but I wouldn't be surprised if, 2 weeks from now, they are out of the playoffs and we are all debating whether 10-7 is significantly better than last year's 8-7-1.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Many people expected a team that was 0-4 against teams with winning records to easily beat a team that has 11 wins. No idea why.
This to some extent. Didn't get the over-confidence from some on this board about this game. False bravado I think.

I don't expect things from the Vikings. With expectations come severe disappointment with this franchise. I have hopes. Big difference. The only thing that can salvage this year is a playoff run. Don't hold your breath.

The over-confidence went far beyond this board: local media were literally assuming the Vikings had this game (and the next) in the bag. One of the sports talk stations spent an entire afternoon complaining about the injustice of the 12-4 Vikings being a #5 or even #6 seed!! I guess that's one less thing to be angered about...
We are very narrowly favored over the Bears but I wouldn't be surprised if, 2 weeks from now, they are out of the playoffs and we are all debating whether 10-7 is significantly better than last year's 8-7-1.
Yup.  Rubes crying about the unfairness of sport when their squad has never earned anything and routinely lays eggs like last night is so Minnesota.

Some franchises are winners and some are losers, change the coaches and players throughout history and somehow nothing changes.  Sometimes you see a franchise like the Red Sox turn it around, so you always feel there is hope, but it just seems like we are destined to always be that franchise that is going to choke when it counts.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Some franchises are winners and some are losers, change the coaches and players throughout history and somehow nothing changes.  Sometimes you see a franchise like the Red Sox turn it around, so you always feel there is hope, but it just seems like we are destined to always be that franchise that is going to choke when it counts.  
i remember thinking in 98 if That team couldnt win a Super Bowl then there is probably little hope for this franchise

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Last nights turd was brought to you by an avg OL (at their very best) and a KS plan that defied understanding

I was baffled... Did anyone inform him that we didn't have Cook, or Mattison last night? "Hey man, We're going to have to go away from the run up the gut stuff, because... Boone. Some more rollouts, get KC in space..." Instead, they used KC like he was Peyton freaking Manning.

Quote: @JR44 said:
I've said this for years now. The Vikings are a loser franchise and will always be a loser franchise.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@purplefaithful said:

Last nights turd was brought to you by an avg OL (at their very best) and a KS plan that defied understanding

I was baffled... Did anyone inform him that we didn't have Cook, or Mattison last night? "Hey man, We're going to have to go away from the run up the gut stuff, because... Boone. Some more rollouts, get KC in space..." Instead, they used KC like he was Peyton freaking Manning.
would have been funny if we weren't getting our ass handed to us, but Booger kept mentioning that Boone was more of power runner than Cook????