Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why I'm picking this team to represent the NFC in SB...
Quote: @greediron said:
Please no.  The Seahawk fans are already insufferable.
Worse than Packer fans? Cowboy fans? Saints fans? Just funny to hear someone slam Seahawk fans.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
Worse than Packer fans? Cowboy fans? Saints fans? Just funny to hear someone slam Seahawk fans.
I live in the northwest and there are so many bandwagon seahawk fans.  Probably no more than those who live in packer land or other locals.  But since the seahawks have won the superbowl, everyone is a fan.  Don't have a clue about the team and only know their stars, but they are "big fans". 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@greediron said:
Do you live in Washington/Oregon?

Seattle lost Gordon and Penny last week.

The Vikings didn't have Thielen 2 weeks ago. 

Yes, and we had them on the ropes in the first half.  I am not terrified of the team, just the fans if the team goes to the superbowl again.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
And I absolutely despise the team and coach he plays for.  Same for Brees.  Good guys...that I want to see fail every game.
Pete Carroll use to live in my area and I use to see him at church and around town, he is a really great guy.  When he was at USC he was always on the field before the games playing catch with is son.  He has a tremendous love for the game and I think the passion and energy he shows on the sidelines gives people the wrong impression of him.  If he was the coach of our team, you would absolutely love him and it is likely we would have been to a Super Bowl by this time.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Ralphie said:
And I absolutely despise the team and coach he plays for.  Same for Brees.  Good guys...that I want to see fail every game.
Pete Carroll use to live in my area and I use to see him at church and around town, he is a really great guy.  When he was at USC he was always on the field before the games playing catch with is son.  He has a tremendous love for the game and I think the passion and energy he shows on the sidelines gives people the wrong impression of him.  If he was the coach of our team, you would absolutely love him and it is likely we would have been to a Super Bowl by this time.  
I agree with that. When I see him run up and down the sideline I just want to tackle him, but I'd be the same way. I know I would never be able to keep it all inside like Bud or even Zim. And in defense of Carroll, I've never seen him mock fans the way that douche in New Orleans did. 

@Ralphie said:
Agreed.  Said in an earlier post that I think he's one of the best coaches in the league.

Quote: @greediron said:
Agreed.  That 12th man crap.  Pullleeeeze.  The 12 represents their IQ, not their fans passion.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universi...cs_scandal

He sure left USC in good shape.  But Carroll has a way to go to match Sean Payton's scumminess.  NO is a perfect city for that turd.

@Ralphie said:
I remember when he coached a really good secondary in the late 80s for the Vikings. Seemed like a coach on his way up even then.

@kmillard said:
Quote:
@JR44 said:
@Ralphie said:
I remember when he coached a really good secondary in the late 80s for the Vikings. Seemed like a coach on his way up even then.
Carroll still loves Bud.  I do believe I read that he consulted with Bud before selecting Wilson in the draft.  He wanted to tap into Bud's knowledge and get his opinion about coaching undersized scrambling QBs.  I think it worked out pretty well for Carrol.