Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda Quiet After A 29 Point Road Win
It was a weird game. The Vikings started off hot, then they kept leaving points on the board, the secondary was getting torched on 3rd and longs, and the Chargers took the lead and looked like they were going to extend it until Odenigbo's defensive TD. After that the D kept forcing turnovers, though at one point they only had 13 points on 6 turnovers, Cook gets hurt, and the game stayed relatively close until Boone added 2 late TDs. Also, the Chargers were on a hot streak heading into this game, so this was not a pushover game even if the final score now looks that way. It was a quality win that unfolded in a strange way and the Vikings are still a team that has a lot of questions that need to be answered.

I have a lot of questions after that win.  Like others said that many turnover should have been a lot more points.

Play calling was very suspect at times,  especially in the red zone IMO.

OL getting almost no push early in games.

Hughes plays to small to much of the time.  They were definitely going at him and were making bank on those attempts.

I did like the intensity the D had most the game,  they were pretty relentless to the ball.  An effort like that next week will give Erin fits as long as we can make him hold the ball a little and take away their run game.

Chargers lost every game by one score. Until yesterday. The beat the Bears and dominated the Packers, and they were largely healthy for this game. So to go in there and win by 29 is impressive no matter how you slice it. 

Once again, Cousins was terrific. Boone too. My only problem with this game was our 3rd down defense. 

Rivers played stubborn and tried to force some stuff. Did you see him jawing with Harrison Smith after he threw the TD? The Hitman got the last laugh.....

Rivers knows this is his last hurrah with the Bolts so he's going out his way, coverage be damned.  

As he's always looked good in pastels, that Miami teal & orange may suit him well.  I believe Philip is a "summer".  Wink

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Rivers knows this is his last hurrah with the Bolts so he's going out his way, coverage be damned.  

As he's always looked good in pastels, that Miami teal & orange may suit him well.  I believe Philip is a "summer".  Wink

Member all the people that wanted to sign him here?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Ralphie said:

Member all the people that wanted to sign him here?
How long ago was that? Until KC (and the wonder year from Keenum) it may have made perfect sense at the time.

He was a damn fine QB for quite a while.  

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I'm happy. There was a lot of hand wringing and worrying, particularly about the defense, before this game. I'll take a final score of 39-10 and happily move on to next Monday night.
Agreed.  Offense struggled to put up TDs but the defense kept giving them the ball back to try again.

Road win against a hot team.  Most here were anticipating a loss

The bitches that some had were answered 
1. Interior DLine played well
2. Turn overs we took 7 from them one for a scoop 6
3. Another dominate score defensive stand (10 points)
4. won outside
5. won on grass
6. we have a pretty good running back stable
7. Offensive line had a really good game
8. We cleaned up some penalties

Some were not
1. DB's still giving up big passes
2. Dan missed an EP
3. Dalvins long term availability
4. with 7 turnovers and short field did we go conservative?  But nice that Bailey could kick field goals 

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
The bitches that some had were answered 
1. Interior DLine played well
2. Turn overs we took 7 from them one for a scoop 6
3. Another dominate score defensive stand (10 points)
4. won outside
5. won on grass
6. we have a pretty good running back stable
7. Offensive line had a really good game
8. We cleaned up some penalties

Some were not
1. DB's still giving up big passes
2. Dan missed an EP
3. Dalvins long term availability
4. with 7 turnovers and short field did we go conservative?  But nice that Bailey could kick field goals 
Yes, giving up the 3rd and longs in the first half was frustrating.  Until the scoop and score, it was looking like the Chargers were going to take the lead.  But it seems we adjusted.  Dalvin looked fine after going into the tent.  He landed on his elbow when getting spun to the ground.  Could have been the shoulder hurting from taking that load as well as the good old funny bone.