Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about one and done?
When the defense gave up 20 points in the first half to Denver I thought it was either a fluke, or the schemes Zim is using were beatable. 

I got my answer.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
When the defense gave up 20 points in the first half to Denver I thought it was either a fluke, or the schemes Zim is using were beatable. 

I got my answer.
I think it's personnel.  The D line has focused on the aggressive DE's like Hunter and Weatherly...long angular pass rushers.  We need the Williams Wall.  Hopefully we'll start building one in April.  

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
After the 1998 Championship loss to the Falcons I said this team will never make it to the SB.Well, I could have got great odds on that one, 21 years and counting. I wonder what the odds would be to pick a team to not make it to the SB in 20 years? Average odds would be 16 to 1 for each year. How many people could actually do it?
Cincinnati, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington, Minnesota, Dallas are just a few that wont make it over the next 20 years.  You could probably add Indianapolis, Tennessee and several more. 

Hell over the next 20 we might see the NFL collapse due to head injuries. 

How do you feel about one and done?This team doesn’t observe Groundhog Day, it observes Groundhog season! Confused

If we could get Theilen and Cook back (not to mention Reiff), I like our chances against anybody.  I'm not worried about injuries to the defense, since it's pretty obvious that we aren't going to win with defense.  They will certainly contribute to any future victories, but the NFL has changed.  You- pretty much- have to win with offense... and I think we have the offense that can (if healthy) score on anybody.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said: 
I agree.  The NFL is playing on borrowed time, IMHO.  As more and more players age and the true depth of the concussion issues emerge, it won't be able to hold back the lawsuits. 

But it will take a true "great of the game" to start developing symptoms and lead the charge.  You are already seeing some former football players say that they will not let their kids play.  The game will devolve into a flag football hybrid.  Progress marches on! Wink

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"FLVike" said:
After the 1998 Championship loss to the Falcons I said this team will never make it to the SB.Well, I could have got great odds on that one, 21 years and counting. I wonder what the odds would be to pick a team to not make it to the SB in 20 years? Average odds would be 16 to 1 for each year. How many people could actually do it?
Cincinnati, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington, Minnesota, Dallas are just a few that wont make it over the next 20 years.  You could probably add Indianapolis, Tennessee and several more. 

That may be true, is that speculation or is that something you would bet on? Big difference.

Playoffs......Playoffs????

Last night we showed who we really are as a football team.  A defense that is not capable of stopping or at least slowing down a good offense and an offense who can play with anyone, but that is most likely not going to get that winning drive with the game on the line.  I think we finish 2-2 the rest of the way.  The Rams have a pretty tough 3 game stretch coming up, otherwise I think for certain they would pass us.  

If one and done is all I get I'll take it. I think Zimmer could save his job just by making the playoffs but he will not get anymore then the one year remaining. One and done is still better then none and done. You still get to call yourself a playoff team from the previous season for a year.  Our biggest problem has been building off that name. We can't put two together. That is a terrible trend that dates back to 2009.

JMO, but Zimmer most certainly will NOT lose his job if the Vikings make the playoffs....regardless of the outcome of said playoff game/s.