Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want to talk DeSantis?
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
I think you could fine universal backing on age and term limits from “both sides”
The problem is that you don't have backing from those that need to vote term limits into law...namely the legislators themselves.  Only chance of that happening is a Constitutional Convention.  2/3 of the States need to call for it.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
There was protests outside Disney over the weekend with guys/gals (if we're able to assume gender still) with nazi flags and Desantis campaign information.......you know because that totally happened and wasn't a staged anti Desantis photo op.

If the left thinks they can convince anyone that Desantis is some sort of white wizard with such a ridiculous event, they've got us wrong.
they dont have to convince you or I,  they just need to convince those swing voters that there might be segment of the population that would believe that nonsense.  It makes voter fraud easier to sell if people actually think its possible that enough people would believe that staged garbage to vote for Biden.  With Trump its easy, hell I am not convinced that there was enough fraud to have swung the election, I think things were suspect at the least with the timing of different things, but it was Trump after all,  very very plausible that he did indeed lose the election, however as bad as  things have gotten in the last 2 years and only looking to continue to slide... if it is anybody but Trump its going to take a hell of smear campaign and a much bigger fraud campaign to pull it off once again.

Thats why there's been the constant piling on with Desantis.  It'll shift to whomever else becomes a front runner if its not going to ultimately be Desantis. 
The vast majority of my friends in Madison are liberal.  Even before DeSantis' profile was raised to a national level, I was struck by the negative references to DeSantis here.  I hadn't paid mcuh attention.  The liberal machine had already started to go after him as a threat.  That sentiment certainly intensified during Covid with several friends near apoplectic that DeSantis was virtually murdering people in Florida.  The reality is Florida and Wisconsin's death rate was about the same...with Florida having a much older population.  And now...certainly DeSantis is a dangerous homophobe in our LGBTQ friendly community.  They'll keep going after him.  Can a sexual assault accuser with two front doors be far behind? 
we got our 40%,  they got their 40%,  I dont really give two shits what a liberal hotbed thinks as you could march MLK out as our candidate and they would come up with some reason why not to vote for him.  Liberals will eat their own quicker than anything else in nature, and certainly dont need anything factual or reasonable to openly oppose any that disagree with them.  The same is true for about half the conservatives,  they wont bother to watch or listen to any non republican candidate and will believe about anything said against them as gospel.
I actually think there is 40% of us in the middle that decide elections with 30% on both sides that will vote straight party regardless of the candidate and the the issues

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
There was protests outside Disney over the weekend with guys/gals (if we're able to assume gender still) with nazi flags and Desantis campaign information.......you know because that totally happened and wasn't a staged anti Desantis photo op.

If the left thinks they can convince anyone that Desantis is some sort of white wizard with such a ridiculous event, they've got us wrong.
they dont have to convince you or I,  they just need to convince those swing voters that there might be segment of the population that would believe that nonsense.  It makes voter fraud easier to sell if people actually think its possible that enough people would believe that staged garbage to vote for Biden.  With Trump its easy, hell I am not convinced that there was enough fraud to have swung the election, I think things were suspect at the least with the timing of different things, but it was Trump after all,  very very plausible that he did indeed lose the election, however as bad as  things have gotten in the last 2 years and only looking to continue to slide... if it is anybody but Trump its going to take a hell of smear campaign and a much bigger fraud campaign to pull it off once again.

Thats why there's been the constant piling on with Desantis.  It'll shift to whomever else becomes a front runner if its not going to ultimately be Desantis. 
The vast majority of my friends in Madison are liberal.  Even before DeSantis' profile was raised to a national level, I was struck by the negative references to DeSantis here.  I hadn't paid mcuh attention.  The liberal machine had already started to go after him as a threat.  That sentiment certainly intensified during Covid with several friends near apoplectic that DeSantis was virtually murdering people in Florida.  The reality is Florida and Wisconsin's death rate was about the same...with Florida having a much older population.  And now...certainly DeSantis is a dangerous homophobe in our LGBTQ friendly community.  They'll keep going after him.  Can a sexual assault accuser with two front doors be far behind? 
we got our 40%,  they got their 40%,  I dont really give two shits what a liberal hotbed thinks as you could march MLK out as our candidate and they would come up with some reason why not to vote for him.  Liberals will eat their own quicker than anything else in nature, and certainly dont need anything factual or reasonable to openly oppose any that disagree with them.  The same is true for about half the conservatives,  they wont bother to watch or listen to any non republican candidate and will believe about anything said against them as gospel.
I actually think there is 40% of us in the middle that decide elections with 30% on both sides that will vote straight party regardless of the candidate and the the issues

I actually think the majority of the 30% you speak of, think they are in the middle, it's the only way they can maintain they are correct. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:

I actually think the majority of the 30% you speak of, think they are in the middle, it's the only way they can maintain they are correct. 
No doubt.  I have a guy that has worked for me for nearly 30 years. He calls me a right wing extremist...even though I typically have voted 3rd party for President and have no doubt voted for more Democrats than Republicans in my lifetime.  What I've found is that in this town, if you've ever voted for a Republican...you're an extremist.  If you ask him, he's a moderate and votes based on the issues and candidates.  He's nearing 70 years old...and has never voted for a Republican.  He's voted for Democrats or Green Party candidates his entire life.  Every election he will tell me what issue won over his "swing vote".  It will always be something like "I considered voting for...but decided that this issue was most important" so he's voting for the Democratic candidate.  The last election, he told me that he voted for the Democratic Governor because of his stand on Education (our Governor used to be the Education Secretary).  Now mind you this guy is 70 years old and has no children...but the single most important issue in that election was Education.  The fact that he needs to explain it every election makes me laugh.  I still contend 40% of the Country falls between the two parties and the 30% on either side are "independents" in name only.

@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
there are no perfect candidates.  Period.  So yes, DeSantis is flawed but how does he beat Trump?  And if he does beat Trump, what makes you think Trump will back him and bow out of the race?  

This is the scenario.  The only way you avoid this, Trump is thrown in prison or dies.  If neither happens, it's a car crash waiting to happen.
I think it all comes down to momentum between Trump and DeSantis.  If DeSantis wins a couple of early primaries, I would expect the endorsements and $$ to follow.  There's a lot of people in the GOP that softly support Trump but are secretly waiting for the opportunity to jump to a more electable candidate.  If DeSantis is the likely GOP candidate, I would also potentially expect leaks and possible indictment of Biden ...so the Dems can run someone whose strategy isn't to hide from his opposition.  Biden may be able to justify not debating and directly engaging with Trump...but he can't justify not facing DeSantis.
An indictment of Biden??? On what?  Talk about giving red meat to the extremist.  

I don't think Biden is going to be running from Trump or DeSantis, who is stating he is not going to debate them?
I don't think there's any doubt the Biden family fortunes have been enhanced by selling access.  The  question is whether the press or FBI does anything about it.  If Biden is unelectable, expect the worm to turn and Biden gets taken out by friendly fire.

Biden hasn't come out and said he won't debate Trump but listen to those around him.  They're questioning why they should subject Biden to Trump's lies, etc. during a debate.  I would expect that drum beat to get stronger as we get closer to the election.  Do you honestly think Biden's team wants him to debate?
biden cant deliver a prepared statement let alone an open debate where he would have to think and speak on the fly,  he IS the embarrassment that so many on the left were convinced that Trump would be.  All the talk about Trumps kids,  and you have Hunter... all the talk about Trumps shady dealings and you have Ukraine and China ( and I'm sure many many more )  its laughable that anybody would consider bashing Trump and defending Biden.   its terrifying that anybody thinks that either of them should be president of the United States in 2 years IMO.
The Trumps are accused of deals worth over 2 billion and Hunter is accused of 5 million.
The same Republicans did not see a reason to investigate the Trump dealings and decided to investigate H. Biden. The investigation turned up nothing but lets re-litigate the Ukraine deal that was investigated for 3 plus years by the Trump admin and found nothing.

D Trump, I. Trump and J. Kushner were all govt officials who are accused of wrong doings but the Republicans see no reason to check into that but when ut comes to Hunter Biden a private citizen they say “we need to get to the bottom of it” even though they have investigated Hunter already time without number and found nothing.

Regarding China the Trumps (Ivanka while serbing as a government official ) amassed more trademark deals than we can count but lets ignore that and talk about Biden.

The same Biden who as you say cant deliver a prepared speach coaxed the Republicans to commit to not cutting SS during the state of the union address and then took the Republicans to the cleaners during the debt ceiling negotiations. I can only imagine what would happen to the Republicans/Trump if Biden was smart/could think as you say.

Biden has the country better that when Trump had it but yeah instead if giving credit where credit is due lets talk about nonsense. 

No one is saying Biden is free from criticism but comparing him to Trump is the epitome of insanity and sheer bias.

On another note have we found the whistle blowers yet?

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
there are no perfect candidates.  Period.  So yes, DeSantis is flawed but how does he beat Trump?  And if he does beat Trump, what makes you think Trump will back him and bow out of the race?  

This is the scenario.  The only way you avoid this, Trump is thrown in prison or dies.  If neither happens, it's a car crash waiting to happen.
I think it all comes down to momentum between Trump and DeSantis.  If DeSantis wins a couple of early primaries, I would expect the endorsements and $$ to follow.  There's a lot of people in the GOP that softly support Trump but are secretly waiting for the opportunity to jump to a more electable candidate.  If DeSantis is the likely GOP candidate, I would also potentially expect leaks and possible indictment of Biden ...so the Dems can run someone whose strategy isn't to hide from his opposition.  Biden may be able to justify not debating and directly engaging with Trump...but he can't justify not facing DeSantis.
An indictment of Biden??? On what?  Talk about giving red meat to the extremist.  

I don't think Biden is going to be running from Trump or DeSantis, who is stating he is not going to debate them?
I don't think there's any doubt the Biden family fortunes have been enhanced by selling access.  The  question is whether the press or FBI does anything about it.  If Biden is unelectable, expect the worm to turn and Biden gets taken out by friendly fire.

Biden hasn't come out and said he won't debate Trump but listen to those around him.  They're questioning why they should subject Biden to Trump's lies, etc. during a debate.  I would expect that drum beat to get stronger as we get closer to the election.  Do you honestly think Biden's team wants him to debate?
biden cant deliver a prepared statement let alone an open debate where he would have to think and speak on the fly,  he IS the embarrassment that so many on the left were convinced that Trump would be.  All the talk about Trumps kids,  and you have Hunter... all the talk about Trumps shady dealings and you have Ukraine and China ( and I'm sure many many more )  its laughable that anybody would consider bashing Trump and defending Biden.   its terrifying that anybody thinks that either of them should be president of the United States in 2 years IMO.
The Trumps are accused of deals worth over 2 billion and Hunter is accused of 5 million.
The same Republicans did not see a reason to investigate the Trump dealings and decided to investigate H. Biden. The investigation turned up nothing but lets re-litigate the Ukraine deal that was investigated for 3 plus years by the Trump admin and found nothing.

D Trump, I. Trump and J. Kushner were all govt officials who are accused of wrong doings but the Republicans see no reason to check into that but when ut comes to Hunter Biden a private citizen they say “we need to get to the bottom of it” even though they have investigated Hunter already time without number and found nothing.

Regarding China the Trumps (Ivanka while serbing as a government official ) amassed more trademark deals than we can count but lets ignore that and talk about Biden.

The same Biden who as you say cant deliver a prepared speach coaxed the Republicans to commit to not cutting SS during the state of the union address and then took the Republicans to the cleaners during the debt ceiling negotiations. I can only imagine what would happen to the Republicans/Trump if Biden was smart/could think as you say.

Biden has the country better that when Trump had it but yeah instead if giving credit where credit is due lets talk about nonsense. 

No one is saying Biden is free from criticism but comparing him to Trump is the epitome of insanity and sheer bias.

Geez, guess we were wrong, that's some incredible information you've compiled with impeccable sources. I mean if it wasn't so obvious that you were impartial and sensible about your conclusions, I would swear you're just another "Orange Man" hater, that can't think rationally.  Comparing Biden to Trump is insane, we can agree there.  Bed Shitter Joe is just what we need for the next 5.5 years.  You keep doing America proud by fabricating a story for yourself and others like somehow, you're not sacrificing the good of this country to throw a tantrum every time Trump's name comes up.  

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Accused,  lots of accusations against Trump over the last decade,  most have been proven false and some even turn out to be criminal activities by those accusing him.  The whole lot of them stink,  the irony is one side gets all the press while the other side gets a pass.  And if you think hunters dealings are not tied to the "big man"  amd shouldn't count then we have nothing to discuss,  anything dip shit hunter is into is on Joe's behalf,  that dumbest coke head wouldnt be able to cross the street if it wasn't for career criminal politician daddy.

Quote:

Good stuff.  You've got the full blown TDS going I see.  Let's see...where do I even start?

They did a full investigation on Hunter and found nothing?  You mean those guys like Comey and Brennan.  The same guys that used knowingly false information as a predicate for surveillance before and during Trump's term.  The same guys that took jobs working for MSNBC and the likes as experts.  Same guys that they has seen clear indication of Russian collusion while in their Intelligence leadership roles?  An honest question, do you REALLY believe that paying Hunter Biden $1M to sit on the Burisma board was related to his unique skills...which at the time pretty much was contained to doing drugs and hanging out with prostitutes...and usually both at the same time.  Or...is it just possible that he was hired because his Dad was VP and was the point man on Ukranian policy and aid?  It sure seemed to help get the prosecutor off their backs.  You probably also think that Hunter is some kind of savant in the art world.  How many people sell off their entire collection at 6 figures per painting in a day...all from anonymous buyers.  It certainly had nothing to do with buying favor from the Bidens.  I expect those paintings will end up in a museum collection some day right next to the Rembrandt Hall at the Louvre.  

And btw...Hunter is pleading guilty to tax evasion and firearms charges in the news today.  So..once again...you"re absolutely right...nothing to see here...time to move on.  Right?

I wasn't quite sure where you were going with the Trademark deal.  Both Ivanka Trump and the Trump Corporation were granted Trademark protection for their various brands to protect their intellectual property in China.  Is it your contention that they shouldn't have been given the same Trademark protections as they have in other Countries?  Anybody in China should be able to open a Trump Hotel or Golf Course..or manufactured and sold Ivanka branded clothing and perfumes?  The reality is that unlike his predecessors, the Trump family had some well established brands.  The Chinese government was embarrassed during the Obama years with all the unauthorized "Obama" branded items.   They certainly weren't going to let it happen to well known brands from his successor.  That wouldn't be good for their relations with the US.  I would say the Trademark protection was especially important to Ivanka who shuttered her business when she went to work as a White House advisor.  Anybody in China could have just copied her IP and used her brands for their own purposes.

How on earth is ANYTHING better under Biden.  Inflation?  Crime?  Drugs? Immigration?  World standing?  Debt?  And please don't compare to the Covid shutdown years and compare the results with Trump prior to the lockdowns and stimulus payments.  Orange man bad...I get it.

Comparing the two....did the Democrats really have to nominate the only guy that could make Trump look Presidential?  Maybe Fetterman can throw his hat in the ring.  I'd love to see him rock the shorts and a hoodie at official State Dinners.  If you can't admit Biden's diminished capabilities..than frankly maybe you're pointing the wrong direction on accusations of blind bias.

@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Accused,  lots of accusations against Trump over the last decade,  most have been proven false and some even turn out to be criminal activities by those accusing him.  The whole lot of them stink,  the irony is one side gets all the press while the other side gets a pass.  And if you think hunters dealings are not tied to the "big man"  amd shouldn't count then we have nothing to discuss,  anything dip shit hunter is into is on Joe's behalf,  that dumbest coke head wouldn't be able to cross the street if it wasn't for career criminal politician daddy.
But anything Trump Jr, Ivanka and Eric and the other Trump people did were not on Trumps behalf right?
I see you are borrowing from the classic garbage from brainwashed republicans who are ashamed to profess their loyalty to Trump. Oh I am sorry, you are not a Trump supporter. 
Again, Hunter Biden absolutely should be held accountable for any wrong doing if guilty. 
When you finally get to the point where you realize both groups should be held accountable instead of the rubbish conspiracy theories you seem to promote, then we can talk. If they can investigate H. Biden time without number, Ivanka, Jared, Eric and Jr should have the same experience after all, Ivanka and Jared actually held high office while H Biden never did.
With that, I'll leave you to it...

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Accused,  lots of accusations against Trump over the last decade,  most have been proven false and some even turn out to be criminal activities by those accusing him.  The whole lot of them stink,  the irony is one side gets all the press while the other side gets a pass.  And if you think hunters dealings are not tied to the "big man"  amd shouldn't count then we have nothing to discuss,  anything dip shit hunter is into is on Joe's behalf,  that dumbest coke head wouldn't be able to cross the street if it wasn't for career criminal politician daddy.
But anything Trump Jr, Ivanka and Eric and the other Trump people did were not on Trumps behalf right?
I see you are borrowing from the classic garbage from brainwashed republicans who are ashamed to profess their loyalty to Trump. Oh I am sorry, you are not a Trump supporter. 
Again, Hunter Biden absolutely should be held accountable for any wrong doing if guilty. 
When you finally get to the point where you realize both groups should be held accountable instead of the rubbish conspiracy theories you seem to promote, then we can talk. If they can investigate H. Biden time without number, Ivanka, Jared, Eric and Jr should have the same experience after all, Ivanka and Jared actually held high office while H Biden never did.
With that, I'll leave you to it...
I am not defending Trump or his kids, find something legit ( not made up by the DNC or a Dem candidates campaign) and run with it,  if they have committed crimes then they should be charged... the topic here is the current president and his criminal son getting special treatment despite the mountain of evidence against him.  if you really knew me,  or even paid attention to about anything I have ever said about Trump,  you would know that I am not a Trump supporter,  but when it comes down to him vs the drudge that the left has brought forward, or the mountain of bull shit that gets falsely brought against him... hard not to back him a little when you see other presidents skate on similar or worse,  if it gets investigated at all.

shit,  most of us talk about wanting a 3 party system in this country... we dont even have a true 2 party system.  Trump gets so much ire because he really didnt like or answer to either party.  he may not have always been working for the average America first,  but he did more for the average american than any president I can remember in the last 30 years,  just to bad his actions couldnt have come in a better wrapper.