Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Discussion Day 1
Belicheat needs a te

looks like te hibred

Who did Cody Ford piss off??? Wink

Wow for Arizona... showing balls for taking a QB again in the 1st round and still have their pick of good OT tomorrow for desperate OL need. 

And Gruden better hope that DE turns out good... taking him over Josh Allen.

I'm starting to look at best available player lists after round 1. It seems like DL has been picked pretty thin, but there is still depth at WR, TE, OL, & CB (shudders). Deebo Samuel would be my top choice and if we want a TE, then guys like Irv Smith, Kahale Warring, and Jace Sternberger are still around.

As a Viking fan I love what the packers did!)) So thankful they didn't get Oliver or Hockenson. Time for some more Oline help in Round 2 or 3.. ( I hope)

As for my thoughts on the first round. I was hoping for an OT like Dillard or Taylor, but I Bradbury is an excellent scheme in an outside zone blocking scheme, since it requires an athletic center who can get to the 2nd level and seal off the MLB. Elflein also played guard for most of his college career, though I am hoping his struggles last year were due to coming back from an injury. I still feel like we have a need at OT and with the team unlikely to keep Reiff after this year and the depth issues we've had, it would be nice to have a long term plan in place. We'll see if passing on Dillard was the right call, but Bradbury is a great scheme fit.

Quote: @kmillard said:
As a Viking fan I love what the packers did!)) So thankful they didn't get Oliver or Hockenson. 
My first 2 thoughts when Hockenson went to Detroit were 
1.  "Oh, crap"
2.  "At least it wasn't the Packers"

Very happy with Bradbury.

As for the Raiders at #4, maybe Ferrell was a reach, but I understand the reasoning:
NFL sacks 2018:
30: Patriots/Giants (tie): 30 sacks
32: Raiders 13
When you have less than half the sacks than the next worst team, I can see why they wanted a true DE. 

My "reeeeeeach" award (and I hope I turn out to be right) goes to GB.  Rashan Gary at 12 and trading up for Savage who might have still been there at 30.  Also the NYG for taking a QB at 6 they could have had at 17.

Nice work by the Skins (did I just type that?) and the Broncos (trade down from 10 to 20 and end up with Noah Fant).

"Lets just F with people" award to the Seahawks.  Trade down from 21 to 30.  Leapfrog your own pick to come up from the 2nd round to 29. Then trade out from 30.  

Nothing to complain about with the Bradbury pick. Best Center in College Football, very strong and can really move. If I look at him as a guard prospect he’s probably 1 or 2 in the whole draft as well. Should start immediately which is always a plus.