Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Murder Trial
Maxine Waters and every other politician needs to STFU about this trial, while the trial is going on. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
So did Maxine "Murky" Waters just throw a wrench in the whole thing?  Judge Cahill denied the request for a mistrial but gave a good tongue lashing to her and said the defense has a built in appeal if she tainted the jury.
“ We're looking for a guilty verdict and we're looking to see if all of the talk that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd. If nothing does not happen, then we know that we got to not only stay in the street, but we have got to fight for justice," she added.

———-
sounds to me like shes inciting violence?  
"Fighting for justice" is the language of the civil rights movement. When MLK talked about our "glorious fight for civil rights" no one except morons and racists thought he was talking about physical violence. When one talks about the "fight to end world hunger" or the "fight for the cure" I don't think too many people think of a physical fight. Except maybe on Fox News I guess. 
Right.....

They dont call out the national guard with 50cal equipped apc’s for “peaceful protests”. My sister was downtown yesterday and said there was a tank lol. She hasnt answered what model. 

Long and short of this is you have a politician calling for violence if the decision isnt whatever the rioters consider justice. 

Related question. If there was ever a jury that needed to be sequestered. This was it. Why werent they?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
So did Maxine "Murky" Waters just throw a wrench in the whole thing?  Judge Cahill denied the request for a mistrial but gave a good tongue lashing to her and said the defense has a built in appeal if she tainted the jury.
“ We're looking for a guilty verdict and we're looking to see if all of the talk that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd. If nothing does not happen, then we know that we got to not only stay in the street, but we have got to fight for justice," she added.

———-
"Fighting for justice" is the language of the civil rights movement. When MLK talked about our "glorious fight for civil rights" no one except morons and racists thought he was talking about physical violence. When one talks about the "fight to end world hunger" or the "fight for the cure" I don't think too many people think of a physical fight. Except maybe on Fox News I guess. 
Right.....

They dont call out the national guard with 50cal equipped apc’s for “peaceful protests”. My sister was downtown yesterday and said there was a tank lol. She hasnt answered what model. 

Long and short of this is you have a politician calling for violence if the decision isnt whatever the rioters consider justice. 
Sorry, still don't see the call for violence. But yeah, I think we should all be protesting if this prick is set free. 

@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

———-
Right.....

Sorry, still don't see the call for violence. But yeah, I think we should all be protesting if this prick is set free. 

So if the jury who spent more time hearing testimony then anyone on this, finds him not guilty (unlikely on all counts) we're supposed to assume we knew better from watching some youtubes and riot in the streets?  Maybe burn down a Target or police headquarters or something to make sure our voices are really heard?  
Good to know....

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

———-
Right.....

So if the jury who spent more time hearing testimony then anyone on this, finds him not guilty (unlikely on all counts) we're supposed to assume we knew better from watching some youtubes and riot in the streets?  Maybe burn down a Target or police headquarters or something to make sure our voices are really heard?  
Good to know....
I wouldn't make that assumption, I would be disappointed, but still know it was still up to 12 peers to decide the fate of this case.  The issue isn't just this one case, if Chauvin is found guilty on all counts, it still won't be over.  

If there are violent riots, I hope that everyone perpetrating the chaos are caught and locked away for no less than 2 decades, each.  I'm done with this BS.

Last year, even Floyd's family called for peaceful protests...so, the people destroying businesses and livelihoods (and Auto Zones, strangely) were NOT doing it for him, that's a complete lie.  They took out their COVID panic on the neighborhood coffee shop and found time in their "anguish" to snag a bigger TV while ransacking Target.

Dersh:  Judge should have declared mistrial re: Waters.

@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

———-
Right.....

Peaceful protest yes, "burn the sucker down" definitely not.  The TC will burn if Chauvin goes scot free but he won't, prosecution developed a solid case.  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
You serious, if that was the case how many convictions would have been thrown after the last admin./friends twitter fusillades.  

are you that full of hypocrisy?