Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the President?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Time will tell on whether or not those that are still there are helped out. It doesn't matter to me who they voted for, everyone that wants out should get out. It is important to look at what worked and what could be done better. Bottom line, it way beyond time to get out of there. Hopefully there is better evaluation of where they get involved in the future or maybe not get involved.
umm, that ratio isn't going to be good.

https://twitter.com/_Will_Brown/status/1...8590871553

Fucking ridiculous,   let's try and imagine for a second what this board and the main stream media would be saying if this had happened 1 year ago....whats that phrase again????

Oh yeah...."wheres the outrage?"  Apparently those that don't have anything to say about dead marines and billions in forfeited military hardware, to a likely future terrorist state, are ok with it.

Are you telling me we couldn't blow our own shit up so the terrorist couldn't take it?
Da fuck?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Time will tell on whether or not those that are still there are helped out. It doesn't matter to me who they voted for, everyone that wants out should get out. It is important to look at what worked and what could be done better. Bottom line, it way beyond time to get out of there. Hopefully there is better evaluation of where they get involved in the future or maybe not get involved.

Fucking ridiculous,   let's try and imagine for a second what this board and the main stream media would be saying if this had happened 1 year ago....whats that phrase again????

Oh yeah...."wheres the outrage?"  Apparently those that don't have anything to say about dead marines and billions in forfeited military hardware, to a likely future terrorist state, are ok with it.

Are you telling me we couldn't blow our own shit up so the terrorist couldn't take it?
Da fuck?
that would have been one option,  or a scaled withdrawal that would have allowed for the equipment to be taken out of country to one of our other regional facilities.

(shrug) who knows, maybe Biden & Blinken promised the Tollibon our military equipment at Bagram in exchange for Tollibon protection for Americans going to airport, America's new best friends...  I know, I know it is the Taliban, just using the Biden phonetic spelling.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

Afghanistan's Nation Building was a GOP driven war
The pullout was a GOP crafted deal with terrorists who were never going to honor it.

You, like most American's wanted out of Afghanistan.  Get off your high horse

Rip the fucking band aid off and move on 
And kept going for 8 years by a democrat.  Pelosi and crew are just as much a part of the problem as Bush was.  One of Trumps positives was trying to bring the troops home, he was fought by the military and congress.  Biden certainly didn't follow the plan that was in place, so get off your high horse and blaming Trump.  Biden fucked this up so bad.

Yes I wanted out of Afghanistan from the beginning.  Didn't support any party in nation building.  But if you supported Biden, you can own this clusterfuck.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
(shrug) who knows, maybe Biden & Blinken promised the Tollibon our military equipment at Bagram in exchange for Tollibon protection for Americans going to airport, America's new best friends...  I know, I know it is the Taliban, just using the Biden phonetic spelling.
I think the Biden connection to China has much to do with all that technology being left behind.

Was this really that difficult?  We've been there for 20 years...and hadn't had a combat related death in a year and a half...basically we had complete control of the Country along with our Afghan partners.  You tell the Taliban that we're honoring our agreement and pulling out of the Country as soon as practical.  We're going to get our people, collaborators and equipment out.  If the Taliban makes any military moves before we're fully out...we're going to respond militarily.  The Taliban has been waiting for 20 years...they're in no position to set terms of withdrawal.  Biden should have followed the advice he was given and maintain a small "peace keeping" force at Bagram....maybe even the UN could have done something useful for once.  Instead, we fully capitulated, look weak to our friends and enemies and hampered our intelligence gathering in the region because nobody trusts us anymore...all while getting 13 members of our military killed.

Let's call this what it was...a complete and utter failure of leadership.  Somebody should wake Biden up from his nap and tell him.

Biden is talking now. I agree with everything he has said. Coupled my covid opinion….am I now a Democrat?

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
Was this really that difficult?  We've been there for 20 years...and hadn't had a combat related death in a year and a half...basically we had complete control of the Country along with our Afghan partners.  You tell the Taliban that we're honoring our agreement and pulling out of the Country as soon as practical.  We're going to get our people, collaborators and equipment out.  If the Taliban makes any military moves before we're fully out...we're going to respond militarily.  The Taliban has been waiting for 20 years...they're in no position to set terms of withdrawal.  Biden should have followed the advice he was given and maintain a small "peace keeping" force at Bagram....maybe even the UN could have done something useful for once.  Instead, we fully capitulated, look weak to our friends and enemies and hampered our intelligence gathering in the region because nobody trusts us anymore...all while getting 13 members of our military killed.

Let's call this what it was...a complete and utter failure of leadership.  Somebody should wake Biden up from his nap and tell him.
Either that or just get the fuck out. Youre using the sunk cost fallicy here. It was time to leave. Trump signed the deal. Biden carried it out. 

Good ridance Afganistan. 

We could have put humans on Mars for what it cost to stay in that shithole. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"badgervike" said:

Either that or just get the fuck out. Youre using the sunk cost fallicy here. It was time to leave. Trump signed the deal. Biden carried it out. 

Good ridance Afganistan. 

We could have put humans on Mars for what it cost to stay in that shithole. 
I'm not using the sunk cost fallacy.  I didn't talk about how much money we spent...or how many lives were lost.  That wasn't part of my discussion.  I said that we should have orderly evacuated and ensured we had everyone out and everything that needed to be out...and we should have done so out of position of strength to discourage terrorist actions.  I personally think a small footprint out of Bagram would be beneficial for both the Afghans and the US as a strategic base much the same as we operate now out of Iraq....  It's not like we're not going to have bases in the region.  We have bases in Saudi, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Turkey, Iraq and likely some countries I forgot about.  Move some troops around and close one of those bases.