Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Discussion Day 1
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:
Forget that, Speilman needs to be gone.  I have nothing against Bradbury but come on a Center in the first round?  The highest paid center in the history of the league is making less money than Barr.  We could have signed Morse from KC and drafted a long term solution at tackle.  This pick makes no sense from a value standpoint and more so a need standpoint.  Spielman is garbage this proves it.  Complete waste of a value pick with a lot of guys on the board that could help a lot more than a center.  Hell our last 2 pro bowlers were late round picks at center.  
I might've taken Dillard over Bradbury but only because of position value. I stand by what I've said all along: that Bradbury is the best offensive lineman in this draft. This is an IDEAL outside zone blocker. Kubiak is celebrating. 

I hope in 2-3 years you're reminding us about this prediction... B)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:
Forget that, Speilman needs to be gone.  I have nothing against Bradbury but come on a Center in the first round?  The highest paid center in the history of the league is making less money than Barr.  We could have signed Morse from KC and drafted a long term solution at tackle.  This pick makes no sense from a value standpoint and more so a need standpoint.  Spielman is garbage this proves it.  Complete waste of a value pick with a lot of guys on the board that could help a lot more than a center.  Hell our last 2 pro bowlers were late round picks at center.  
I might've taken Dillard over Bradbury but only because of position value. I stand by what I've said all along: that Bradbury is the best offensive lineman in this draft. This is an IDEAL outside zone blocker. Kubiak is celebrating. 

If that is how everyone feels I'm good with that, but with Dillard and Taylor on the board, why not get a 5th or something to move back.  Maybe we can turn Waynes into another first round pick or something.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:

I hope in 2-3 years you're reminding us about this prediction... B)
You know I will. :-)

Packers moved up.  Savage.  Damn

Quote: @Amazonviking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:

If that is how everyone feels I'm good with that, but with Dillard and Taylor on the board, why not get a 5th or something to move back.  Maybe we can turn Waynes into another first round pick or something.
Well you have to have partner that lets you move back in position to still get the guy you want. Clearly the Vikings wanted Bradbury over the other guys so unless there was a team willing to make that happen we had to take him where we did. 

Pukers reaching tonight?  

@MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:

There is no guarantee who would be there. Zimmer and Spielman couldn't afford to risk it. It's amazing that this pick was made. Kubiak must be happy. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Amazonviking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:

Well you have to have partner that lets you move back in position to still get the guy you want. Clearly the Vikings wanted Bradbury over the other guys so unless there was a team willing to make that happen we had to take him where we did. 
I'd agree if there were just 2 trades shortly there after.  That is how you win the draft.  Take some chances and move.  Bradbury might have been so highly rated in our room that they couldn't pass him up, but if they view him as a center, our board sucked.

Dillard an Eagle

@MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:

But Taylor has a medical thing. Just no way of knowing what the team thought about that. He could drop into the 2nd round or further. And with OL needy teams behind us it may not have been wise to trade down and risk losing the best zone pivot in the last 5 years. Like I said, I might have taken Dillard, but maybe the fact that he has so little experience run blocking turned off the Vikings who clearly want to run the ball. Bradbury, no matter where he plays, is going to make the run game go.