@"Bezerker88" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
He's keeping his promises that
he ran on and that's what his base likes
about him most.  I know it's
hard for people to grasp that, as politicians normally don't try to keep
their promises.   
Turn off Fox News. He's not keeping his promises. Jesus, do ANY fact checking.

TURN OFF FOX NEWS.
So no promises kept?  None?  Hmmmm  Let me check that....
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter...umpometer/ 
Whoops... I see some promises kept.   14 of them even...   Broken is 8. Compromise is 7(I'd like to see this number higher).  40 are in the works and 33 stalled .  So you see, he is keeping promises, otherwise that "kept" number would be 0.  That's how counting works. 

Perhaps I should've said he's blown it way more often than not. Unfortunately, lots of the promises he did keep in your link are ones just to appease he idiot base.

Yeah, this is admittedly a liberal site, but all the points look factual. I'm citing it because the majority of it was shit I actually cared about, things a) I'm GLAD he didn't keep or b) I wanted him to actually pay attention to... but he was too busy golfing (after saying he'd be too busy to golf when he was elected... remember that? So cute.)
Isn't that what the topic was?  Promises that he ran on?  Come on man... at least READ my shit!  =)
He golfs way to much and it stops him from getting more of his shit done.  You should be glad he's golfing. 
We're lucky his divisive rhetoric didn't get people killed yesterday and that's your take. "Bummer he golfs so much or he'd be more successful?"
 Not one mention about yesterday in the posts we were discussing.  Not sure how you can make that “my take” on the matter.  Hopefully you used a step stool for that reach. 
Read MY shit. I responded to your point.

As usual with Trumpers... talking to a brick wall. 
I did read your shit.  If you could show me how my "golf" comment equals "my take" on the bombs as you said it did... ..that'd be great. 

As I said, we were not discussing the packages/bombs, we were discussing promises he kept that endeared him to his supporters.  You made a comment about him golfing after saying he'd be too busy to golf and I commented on that.  I'd like to know the mental gymnastics you did to get to "golfing=bombs" conclusion you reached.  Because clearly I was talking about him keeping his promises that his supporters liked and you replied with a link of promises he broke that pissed you(not his supporters) off before golfing was brought into the conversation.  You basically accused me(again) of something I didn't do and that's why I'm replying.  

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
I'll grant you this..... 
With your post... I googled "Germans thoughts/polls on American Presidents".  
I'll admit, I was expecting the "German thought on Trump" to not be "so bad" (or nearly as bad as you suggested) on Trump (compared to previous Presidents).  

It was worse, than I expected.  You're right (about German thought).  
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...e-another/

That said... I refer back to a part of a post I made above by Gelertner.... not sure you read it. 
"I would love the esteem of France, Germany and Japan. But I don’t find myself losing sleep over it."

I appreciate the response and that you took the time to research some of my comments.  I must admit, that poll was fascinating and the numbers surprise even me.  IMO the most telling:

11% of Germans in 2017 trust Trump to do the right thing with world affairs.

86% of Germans in 2016 trust Obama to do the right thing with world affairs. 

That is shocking, telling and sad but exactly the message I hear from friends and colleagues.  Above all else that Trump does and says, it's the attacks on the media coupled with the lying that worry them. 

The Germans all know their Nazi history and when young Germans ask their teachers, grandparents and elders "how did this happen?" ... it all starts with the comments they were tricked with propaganda, and that everything started with the attack on the press.  Undermine the credibility of the press, then you can change not just the opinions of reasonable people, you change their perception of truth, facts, reality.  Throw in the Trump attacks on minorities, Muslims, immigrants and they see deja vu.  Identify an enemy and create and incite fear - the Muslim ban, the Mexico wall, etc.

Germans are educated on their own dark history and it's hammered into them the warning signs of fascism so they don't fall to it again.  And now they're watching isolated USA, proud noble democracy of freedom, led by a man who has already destroyed 1/3 of the country's faith in the press, judges, our own FBI, etc.  They wonder why the 1/3 isn't bothered by his lies or his demonizing of other politicians, countries, and fellow Americans.  They see many of his supporters wanting to pull out of NATO, the UN while embracing Russia and that terrifies a lot of them. They see USA falling to the same stages of fascism they did and they're concerned how far we've fallen so fast, and how much farther we will fall before we come to our senses. 

It's not just Dems, liberals or the media Savannah.  Most of the world is truly scared at what's happening here.  Our country needs to heal and go back to bickering over policy issues rather than what's real vs."fake news".

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
I'll grant you this..... 
With your post... I googled "Germans thoughts/polls on American Presidents".  
I'll admit, I was expecting the "German thought on Trump" to not be "so bad" (or nearly as bad as you suggested) on Trump (compared to previous Presidents).  

It was worse, than I expected.  You're right (about German thought).  
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...e-another/

That said... I refer back to a part of a post I made above by Gelertner.... not sure you read it. 
"I would love the esteem of France, Germany and Japan. But I don’t find myself losing sleep over it."

I appreciate the response and that you took the time to research some of my comments.  I must admit, that poll was fascinating and the numbers surprise even me.  IMO the most telling:

11% of Germans in 2017 trust Trump to do the right thing with world affairs.

86% of Germans in 2016 trust Obama to do the right thing with world affairs. 

That is shocking, telling and sad but exactly the message I hear from friends and colleagues.  Above all else that Trump does and says, it's the attacks on the media coupled with the lying that worry them. 

The Germans all know their Nazi history and when young Germans ask their teachers, grandparents and elders "how did this happen?" ... it all starts with the comments they were tricked with propaganda, and that everything started with the attack on the press.  Undermine the credibility of the press, then you can change not just the opinions of reasonable people, you change their perception of truth, facts, reality.  Throw in the Trump attacks on minorities, Muslims, immigrants and they see deja vu.  Identify an enemy and create and incite fear - the Muslim ban, the Mexico wall, etc.

Germans are educated on their own dark history and it's hammered into them the warning signs of fascism so they don't fall to it again.  And now they're watching isolated USA, proud noble democracy of freedom, led by a man who has already destroyed 1/3 of the country's faith in the press, judges, our own FBI, etc.  They wonder why the 1/3 isn't bothered by his lies or his demonizing of other politicians, countries, and fellow Americans.  They see many of his supporters wanting to pull out of NATO, the UN while embracing Russia and that terrifies a lot of them. They see USA falling to the same stages of fascism they did and they're concerned how far we've fallen so fast, and how much farther we will fall before we come to our senses. 

It's not just Dems, liberals or the media Savannah.  Most of the world is truly scared at what's happening here.  Our country needs to heal and go back to bickering over policy issues rather than what's real vs."fake news".
Let's look at the last 72 hours in this country; Jews in Pittsburgh, Blacks in Ky and Dems all over. 

Been a long, long time since I've been this disappointed in my fellow countrymen...

Fucking bigots and freaks.. 

This man's actions obviously don't rise to the level of the Pittsburgh shooter, the pipe bomber or the Kroger shooter, but I think his motivations come from a similar place: white victimization. When I first read this story this weekend, I just thought he was an idiot who made a very poor-taste mistake. But when you read his  comments you see yet another product of Fox News and Trump's America: hatred of the liberalism, hatred of a PC culture that doesn't allow him to express his "white pride."

A Kentucky father has apologized for dressing his young son as Adolf Hitler for a Halloween event while posing as a Nazi soldier, saying his intent was to portray historical figures.

Bryant Goldbach also donned the uniform of a Nazi solider and headed to a “Trail of Treats” event in Owensboro, Ky., on Thursday, WEHT Eyewitness News reported.
“I think it was in bad taste for me to let my child to wear that, probably for me to wear that. It didn't occur to me. I thought it was a bad decision on my part," Goldbach said, according to the news outlet.
He added he would would “give anything to make it right.”
Rabbi Gary Mazo of Temple Adath B’nai Israel said in a statement that Goldbach’s apology was “important” but said it was a “sad reflection” on society that he didn’t know it would be offensive.
“A good rule of thumb would be: ‘If your costume calls to mind an event where millions were killed, choose another costume,’ ” he wrote.
Goldbach’s apology came after he originally blasted the “so-called ‘Tolerant Left’ ” for the treatment he and his son received at the Halloween event, WEHT Eyewitness News first reported.
“Tonight as we walked we saw people dressed as murderers, devils, serial killers, blood and gore of all sorts. Nobody batted an eye,” Goldbach originally wrote. “But my little boy and I dress as historical figures and it merits people not only making snide remarks, but approaching us and threatening my little 5-year-old boy.”
Goldbach wrote that adults threatened to rip off his chid’s costume.
“Yes, liberalism is alive and well,” he continued. “And we had the displeasure of dealing with the fruits of the so called ’Tolerant Left.’ ” 
Previous posts on Goldbach’s Facebook page prior to his apology also criticize liberals, The Evansville Courier & Press reported.
Phrases like “white pride doesn’t mean hate,” and “being liberal means being a hypocrite” were included on Goldbach’s social media.

And after the MAGA-bomber and anti-Semitic mass murderer in Philly, both of whom heavily believed in extreme rightwing conspiracy theories ... President Trump announced via Twitter:

“The Fake News is doing everything in their power to blame Republicans, Conservatives and me for the division and hatred that has been going on for so long in our Country,”.  "Actually, it is their Fake & Dishonest reporting which is causing problems far greater than they understand!”  “There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news.  The Fake News Media is the true Enemy of the People,”  "The press must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly.”
“That will do much to put out the flame of Anger and Outrage and we will then be able to bring all sides together in Peace and Harmony” Trump promised his believers.   “Fake News Must End!” 

And we wonder why a deranged lunatic decided to plaster his van with CNN SUCKS stickers and mail pipe bombs to CNN??

How can this be acceptable from an American President less than a week after two extremists made front page news for mass murder and assassination attempts?  This latest Twitter rant sounds no different than the social media posts from the  2 nutjobs from FL & Philly, and he's the fucking President for chrissakes.  
This is the shit dictators tell their people.  Shame on you spineless Republicans in Congress for not standing up and telling Donald to STFU and allowing Trump to destroy this country with his anger and rage towards the media - he's literally blaming the media for the attacks he himself encourages, as they continue to be attacked by rightwing nutjobs following Trump's orders!     How dare he ask for healing, then go off the rails blaming the victims of his rage?  

It's now a fact that violent, extremist, rightwing NUTJOB TERRORISTS are now listening to Trump and following his orders, and are acting on his rage.  Americans are now dying as a result of the anger he's encouraging.  What will it take for good and reasonable Republicans to stand up and admit this "tough talk, telling it like it is" bullshit has gone wayyy to far and this is not right, this is not how we treat other people, and for our President to seriously STFU and just apologize?  Do any Republicans really think you'd tolerate this from a Democrat POTUS doing the same to you and Fox News?  How can you still support the constant, blatant attacks on the Constitution and our right to a free press?  Do you not see, or just don't care he's blatantly throwing the 1st amendment in the shitter and asking for total obedience - the press shouldn't dare to criticize him, let alone report on his own quotes from his rallies and his twitter feed - even when's a proven serial liar??   

I don't understand why so very few GOP supporters aren't incensed by this insanity - we have a deranged lunatic encouraging other conspiracy theory lunatics to direct even more violent rage at the media, and you're nearly all silent while people are being threatened and killed.  Our country is in a death spiral and circling the drain, meanwhile someone out there is trying to find something bad Obama or Hillary said to compare it to ... 

And after the MAGA-bomber and anti-Semitic mass murderer in Philly, both of whom heavily believed in extreme rightwing conspiracy theories ... President Trump announced via Twitter:

“The Fake News is doing everything in their power to blame Republicans, Conservatives and me for the division and hatred that has been going on for so long in our Country,”.  "Actually, it is their Fake & Dishonest reporting which is causing problems far greater than they understand!”  “There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news.  The Fake News Media is the true Enemy of the People,”  "The press must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly.”
“That will do much to put out the flame of Anger and Outrage and we will then be able to bring all sides together in Peace and Harmony” Trump promised his believers.   “Fake News Must End!” 

And we wonder why a deranged lunatic decided to plaster his van with CNN SUCKS stickers and mail pipe bombs to CNN??
How can this be acceptable from an American President less than a week after two extremists made front page news for mass murder and assassination attempts?  This latest Twitter rant sounds no different than the social media posts from the  2 nutjobs from FL & Philly, and he's the fucking President for chrissakes.  
This is the shit dictators tell their people.  How can anyone still support this madness?  Shame on you spineless Republicans in Congress for not standing up and telling Donald to STFU and allowing Trump to destroy this country with his anger and rage towards the media - he's literally blaming the media for the attacks he himself encourages, as they continue to be attacked by rightwing nutjobs following Trump's orders??   How dare he ask for healing, then go off the rails blaming the victims of his rage?
NUTJOBS are now listening to Trump and following his orders, and now people are acting on his rage.  Americans are now dying as a result of the anger he's encouraging.  What will it take for good and reasonable Republicans to stand up and admit this is gone wayyy to far and is not right, this is unacceptable from a POTUS and needs to stop?  Do any Republicans really think you'd tolerate this from a Democrat POTUS doing the same to you and Fox News?  

Our country is in a death spiral and circling the drain, meanwhile someone out there is trying to find something bad Obama or Hillary said to compare it to ...
I think there’s a lot of things that I disagree with Trump
on, but I wholeheartedly agree with him that we need to fix our news situation
and that it for the most part is biased against him.  The mainstream media is clearly propaganda a
lot of the time.  They have been for as
long as I can remember.  They tell the
legit truth when it’s convenient for them. 
It’s up to you to determine when they are telling the truth or not, or
when they are only letting you know part of the truth and leaving other stuff
out.  Most of the “news” articles
referenced in here contain half a quote and it’s twisted out of context and
then is surrounded by opinions telling you what to think.

I think it’s perfectly valid to not like Trump and still not
believe anything the mainstream media tells you.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

This is the shit dictators tell their people.  How can anyone still support this madness?  Shame on you spineless Republicans in Congress for not standing up and telling Donald to STFU and allowing Trump to destroy this country with his anger and rage towards the media - he's literally blaming the media for the attacks he himself encourages, as they continue to be attacked by rightwing nutjobs following Trump's orders??   How dare he ask for healing, then go off the rails blaming the victims of his rage?
NUTJOBS are now listening to Trump and following his orders, and now people are acting on his rage.  Americans are now dying as a result of the anger he's encouraging.  What will it take for good and reasonable Republicans to stand up and admit this is gone wayyy to far and is not right, this is unacceptable from a POTUS and needs to stop?  Do any Republicans really think you'd tolerate this from a Democrat POTUS doing the same to you and Fox News?  

Our country is in a death spiral and circling the drain, meanwhile someone out there is trying to find something bad Obama or Hillary said to compare it to ...
and that it for the most part is biased against him.  The mainstream media is clearly propaganda a

I don't need any media station to tell me any of their opinions, when all I need to do is read Trump's Twitter feeds, hear his speeches at his rallies, and hear his interviews and do my own research of his claims and find out it's not the media's fault they're reporting Trump's own quotes and tweets and concluding that he's a compulsive liar spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Trump has been PROVEN to be a fucking liar at a rate which we've never seen.  I read all kinds of sources from NPR to BBC to a few in Germany - this isn't some mainstream media conspiracy that's all plotting against Trump with quotes taken out of context, he's just a compulsive lying asshole that is getting called out on his bullshit by everyone across the globe, not just CNN, NBC, ABC or CBS.  The fact you mentioned you can "still not believe anything the mainstream media tells you" is literally the success of his propaganda working to undermine the credibility of the free press.

FOX News is the biggest pusher of "fake news" and conspiracy theories.  Lou Dobbs Fox Business guest:  "The caravan is funded by Soros-occupied state department", "they have ISIS embedded in with the refugees", "they're carrying diseases" - that's just a few gems from FOX commentators just this week on ONE topic in the last few days.  It is also a proven fact that these two domestic terrorists are feeding off these rightwing conspiracy theories that are routinely parroted on Fox News shows.

Bill Kristol, conservative Republican, Chief of Staff under GW Bush tweeted today:  "No disease any refugee might bring to America is as dangerous as the disease of fear, bigotry and hatred now being spread in America by Fox".  Also tweeted: "The United States of America has a Fox News problem".

I guess the assault of the 1st amendment, encouragement of violence by extremist domestic terrorists fueled by rightwing conspiracy theories courtesy of Trump and Fox News, doesn't bother you as much as the appearance of "bias by the mainstream media."

God help us.  

@"medaille" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

How can this be acceptable from an American President ...

I don't need any media station to tell me any of their opinions, when all I need to do is read Trump's Twitter feeds, hear his speeches at his rallies, and hear his interviews and do my own research of his claims and find out it's not the media's fault they're reporting Trump's own quotes and tweets and concluding that he's a compulsive liar spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Trump has been PROVEN to be a fucking liar at a rate which we've never seen.  I read all kinds of sources from NPR to BBC to a few in Germany - this isn't some mainstream media conspiracy that's all plotting against Trump with quotes taken out of context, he's just a compulsive lying asshole that is getting called out on his bullshit by everyone across the globe, not just CNN, NBC, ABC or CBS.  The fact you mentioned you can "still not believe anything the mainstream media tells you" is literally the success of his propaganda working to undermine the credibility of the free press.

FOX News is the biggest pusher of "fake news" and conspiracy theories.  Lou Dobbs Fox Business guest:  "The caravan is funded by Soros-occupied state department", "they have ISIS embedded in with the refugees", "they're carrying diseases" - that's just a few gems from FOX commentators just this week on ONE topic in the last few days.  It is also a proven fact that these two domestic terrorists are feeding off these rightwing conspiracy theories that are routinely parroted on Fox News shows.

Bill Kristol, conservative Republican, Chief of Staff under GW Bush tweeted today:  "No disease any refugee might bring to America is as dangerous as the disease of fear, bigotry and hatred now being spread in America by Fox".  Also tweeted: "The United States of America has a Fox News problem".

I guess the assault of the 1st amendment, encouragement of violence by extremist domestic terrorists fueled by rightwing conspiracy theories courtesy of Trump and Fox News, doesn't bother you as much as the appearance of "bias by the mainstream media."

God help us.  

You're all over the map here and you're accusing me of things irrelevant to the point I made and things I don't claim to be.

Your point was that because the Trump continually points out the media bias against him, that makes him an instigator for the violence that people do, which you suggest is what dictators do.  You referenced the tweet bolded above, which .

My point was that I believe that the single tweet you referenced is accurate.  The media is propaganda.  We need more accurate and reliable media.

You character assassinated Trump calling him a liar, implying that if he was a liar that makes the specific tweet bolded above also a lie, which I assume implies that liars are unable to tell the truth, which is false.

You then proceeded to call Fox News the biggest pusher of Fake News, which I believe would support my argument that Mainstream News often is propaganda and should put us in some amount of agreement.

You then mentioned the "assault of the 1st amendment".  I assume you are referring to Trump mentioning the existence and undesirability of Fake News as the assault.  Continuing your logic to when you accused FoxNews of being Fake News and when I declared the mainstream media as Propaganda, that would mean that you and me both are in the same boat as Trump in our assault on the first amendment.  It seems kind of odd to me that you would hold a worldview in which Trump is a bad guy for saying some news is Fake News, while also saying that some news is Fake News.

To me, we should all be in agreement that Fake News is bad (which coincidentally is what Trump actually said in the quote you referenced).

I think the only way your rant makes any sense is if you assume that only Fox News is Fake News and that all the other sources you referenced don't have an agenda of any kind and don't spread Fake News.

My own personal opinion here is that because Fake News and Propaganda is so rampant across a wide variety of sources that are the main creators of news content, we need to be extra diligent in deciphering what is and is not Fake News.  One thing I didn't bring up originally is that merely noticing corrupt media and mentioning it exists and is bad is not the same as encouraging society to send pipe bombs to people.  I think there's a lot of corruption in the media and I advocate for awareness of this corruption, and the creation of better tools for discerning the truth, which I think is a positive thing.  The more we shine the light on corruption, the more people can decide for themselves if it really is corruption, and the more we can choose not to fill our minds with bad information.

The Donalds Nationalistic platform/rhetoric has emboldened and provided fertile ground for the Alt Right. 

They're like 2nd Cousins.

Sometimes ones you don't want to acknowledge, but they're just there. Angry white people. They've always been here. Hell, Charles Lindbergh was a Nazi sympathizer. They're just more emboldened to come out of the shadows now. 

But today is a day for trying to help that community heal, just a little bit. I hope the politics are kept out of it. 

Medaille, you're assuming that because the media points fingers at Trump then they must be biased.  That because there is so much negative news about him, it can only mean that it's biased propaganda. 

Bullshit.

My whole point is many non-political and non-biased sources say the same thing.  I can read his Twitter, fact check his statements, and draw the exact same conclusions as the "biased mainstream media".  And Trump and Fox News are so toxic they take their bias so far that they change facts and truth - the deep state conspiracy theories as one of dozens of examples.  Too many people believe this manufactured "GOP reality", and are acting on these wild conspiracy theories with violence, which is a completely different ballgame than CNN biased articles.  From lunatics shooting into a pizza place because of "pizzagate" to pipe bombs sent to CNN, Fox News and Trump are creating completely false stories to stoke fear and hatred into their base that's resulting in people believing in it so strongly, they are taking violent actions based on it.