Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Was Beset By Denial & Dysfunction...
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November: Sources"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," a source says.
As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.
Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.
The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.
"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/intellig...d=70031273

More fake news?  Military sez this is crap.  Unreal that people will still believe the majority of the media.

Why do you think “intelligence” is pushing this crap?  Why does the media act as a cheerleader?

I would clean house on all “intelligence” that push these false narratives.  

In this era of fake news and disinformation, I think anonymous sourced news, especially stuff that doesn't make common sense, is pretty much worthless.  We need more substance in our news and less rumors and poorly sourced gossip.  The nation has been run through the grinder, with multiple accusations against our president with intelligence that was gossip quality.
If this source believes this, they should come out as a whistleblower, rather than just leaking stuff to the media that no one can verify.

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1248046216539242496

Weird. Not one mention of polls or ratings being higher than the Bachelor.
Yet he didn’t prepare us.  Weird stuff to be pushing here.
Pretty sure Bush said the same.  but saying and doing is the difference between a politician and a leader.  One thing I will give Trump, he knows how to be a leader in this time.

Aren't humans amazing?

Some see  leadership while others see abysmal, abject failure...

We'll see where the chips fall in November.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Aren't humans amazing?

I would say we all have confirmation bias and depend too much on our source of information to form our opinions.  But as many here have stated, some of us were not fans of Trump but have watched him do many good things for the country.  I think the left is too distracted by his twitter feed.  Many of us dislike his approach and tweeting, but we can see his the value of his actions.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Aren't humans amazing?

I would say we all have confirmation bias and depend too much on our source of information to form our opinions.  But as many here have stated, some of us were not fans of Trump but have watched him do many good things for the country.  I think the left is too distracted by his twitter feed.  Many of us dislike his approach and tweeting, but we can see his the value of his actions.
I would so biggly like to shove his twitter feed up his ass most days... he is just not good at it,  but if he had a media machine at his disposal like his opponents do... he wouldnt need to try and get his message out on his own... but damn the WH needs to figure out a way to polish his remarks after he hits send, before they actually hit the twittersphere.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Aren't humans amazing?

I would so biggly like to shove his twitter feed up his ass most days... he is just not good at it,  but if he had a media machine at his disposal like his opponents do... he wouldnt need to try and get his message out on his own... but damn the WH needs to figure out a way to polish his remarks after he hits send, before they actually hit the twittersphere.

The proverbial polishing of the turd?   But you hit it on the head, he doesn't have the media to fawn after every remark and push his agenda.  So he takes it directly to the people and that is why the media hates him.  But yes, the cringe factor is yuge!

I love his twitter and think he does well with it. 

He was sabotaged.  He should do what he is doing.  If he didn’t - Crooked Hillary would be our president. 

@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Aren't humans amazing?

Trump is abrasive on purpose.  He says borderline ridiculous things to push
the narrative in the direction he wants, and it’s part of his negotiating strategy,
but he almost doesn’t need to because the media will take everything he says and
spin it, and twist it with hyperbole to make him more extreme than he actually
is.

@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Aren't humans amazing?

Or he could actually hire a Press Secretary that gives daily press briefings and attempt to be truthful in them.

But stop blaming the media when they catch him in blatant lies and falsehoods.  You complain about media being biased or inaccurate but this asshole spews bullshit at a rate we have never seen before in history.  

If he stopped attacking people, and attacking the media for reporting on his own comments maybe you guys would see he’s a pure pathological liar, and atop blaming the media for fact checking his stupid remarks.