Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets meeting with Rodgers
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The swap of 13 and 15 is equivalent to an early 4th rounder. So Rodgers to New York for a 2nd and a 4th, with a pick that could become a 1st rounder in '24 if Rodgers meets certain conditions, which I'm guessing since he's now on the Jets, he won't. 

Sounds about right. Packers did well to get anything for a QB who really wasn't very good last year, and who turns 40 before the season ends. 
Still, for what his name is, I think the Jets got a steal.  Moving down 2 spots in the first and then a second?  That is a bargain for a big name QB.  Even one on the tail end of his career.  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
Wow they really took the Jets to the cleaners, a 1st and 2nd for a guy on the last legs of his career and who is a total obnoxious me guy.  Was hoping the Packers would not get too much, this is a great move for them. 
Didnt the Broncos just pay like 3x 1sts for Wilson?
Wilson was 33 at the time of the trade, Rodger is 39, very significant difference

Packers got the better end of this for sure, but it was certainly always going to be this way when the Jets GM said weeks ago, 'we'll get this done'. They were all in and the Packers knew it. They've been talking since early March about this. 

The team hasn't seen much of Jordan Love actually playing live NFL football. But they were done with the Rodgers drama, I get it. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Packers got the better end of this for sure, but it was certainly always going to be this way when the Jets GM said weeks ago, 'we'll get this done'. They were all in and the Packers knew it. They've been talking since early March about this. 

The team hasn't seen much of Jordan Love actually playing live NFL football. But they were done with the Rodgers drama, I get it. 
I have a feeling Love is going to be pretty good. Kills me to say this, but the Packers have done this the right way. Rodgers got three years to develop. Love got three as well. 

In a perfect world, Cousins blows up in year two of the offense, we extend him and we're able to give our young QB as much time to develop. 

@StickyBun said:

I have a feeling Love is going to be pretty good. Kills me to say this, but the Packers have done this the right way. Rodgers got three years to develop. Love got three as well. 

In a perfect world, Cousins blows up in year two of the offense, we extend him and we're able to give our young QB as much time to develop. 
My feeling is he isn't. And the Packers can blow smoke until the cows come home but they don't know either. Its their opinion, impossible to know without shooting a lot more live bullets when it counts. Like any other QB, we won't know about Love until the end of NEXT season. Lots of full time, first time starters come out hot starting then flamed in Year 2 when the league got enough video on them. We'll see.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

My feeling is he isn't. And the Packers can blow smoke until the cows come home but they don't know either. Its their opinion, impossible to know without shooting a lot more live bullets when it counts. Like any other QB, we won't know about Love until the end of NEXT season. Lots of full time, first time starters come out hot starting then flamed in Year 2 when the league got enough video on them. We'll see.
Just the fact that they let Rodgers walk makes me think they believe in him. If a QB doesn't have it in Green Bay, like Brohm or Kizer or Hundley, they've recognized it pretty early and moved on. They didn't move on from Love; they moved on from Rodgers. I think they like him. 

Not saying he'll be another Rodgers or Favre. That seems extremely unlikely. But I have a hunch he's going to be a very capable NFL QB. 

I'm going with 8...

the over/under for # of prime time/national games the Jets will play this year. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
Wow they really took the Jets to the cleaners, a 1st and 2nd for a guy on the last legs of his career and who is a total obnoxious me guy.  Was hoping the Packers would not get too much, this is a great move for them. 
Didnt the Broncos just pay like 3x 1sts for Wilson?
Wilson was 33 at the time of the trade, Rodger is 39, very significant difference
Rodgers is better at 39 than Wilson was at 33.  Wilson has moved into celebrity mode, got paid and doesn't seem to care.  Rodgers might only care because of spite, but he will likely try to show the Packers what they lost.

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Just the fact that they let Rodgers walk makes me think they believe in him. If a QB doesn't have it in Green Bay, like Brohm or Kizer or Hundley, they've recognized it pretty early and moved on. They didn't move on from Love; they moved on from Rodgers. I think they like him. 

Not saying he'll be another Rodgers or Favre. That seems extremely unlikely. But I have a hunch he's going to be a very capable NFL QB. 
They moved on from Hundley and others because they still had Rodgers.  But Rodgers has been toying with them and not getting along, so they need to move on.  They are betting on an unknown.  If this was Hundley at this time in the career, they would be playing it the same.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

They moved on from Hundley and others because they still had Rodgers.  But Rodgers has been toying with them and not getting along, so they need to move on.  They are betting on an unknown.  If this was Hundley at this time in the career, they would be playing it the same.
Oh no I don't agree with that at all. I think they really like Love. Excited about him even.

But I do hope they're wrong on him, and end up taking a QB next year and beyond, jumping onto that QB carousel every team in the NFL has experienced EXCEPT Green Bay. I've said this before, but the last time the Packers were without a franchise QB, Herschel Walker was still on our roster and the Twins were world champions. TWO starting QBs over that time, not counting injury replacements. But there weren't many of those. 

There are teams like the Bears and Jets who have started over 50 QBs over that time period. Most due to injury, but that's a factor as well. Favre and Rodgers were remarkably durable. It's also one of the more underrated qualities of our current QB.