Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins and his contract
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
No details but...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1635...pLXktCNGYQ&s=19
Hmm. Sounds like we'll have an answer soon.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/PurpleForTheWin/stat...OoDlwIW-dA&s=19
So kicking money down the road to clear space in the interim. Hmm. Tough to glean too much from this as they could still do an extension, or maybe this is it and Kirk really is done. I think I lean towards the former as I doubt they'll want to be paying him a ton to play for another team. Tough to say. It helps us in 2023 though so I guess that's... something?

I don't get all the references to Cousins age, considering he has not missed a single game due to injury since he has been here.The guy takes a ton of hits and has not shown any signs of becoming frail and fragile. Last week people were clamoring to give up what, two first rounders for Jackson? Being that with our defense, we aren't winning any games with a backup quarterback, I'll take the guy that is available to play every week.

So is this making room for 2023 by taking room from 2024?

Why are we doing this?  Couldn't we restructure the bonus for ONeill and get into cap compliance without moving Z, Harry, or Cook?

Is this about creating leverage vs those 3 and leverage in a potential trade with another team?  I have no interest in seeing Z or Cook on this team next year, much rather have picks and room for new guys to step in

Are we re-building or re-loading?  Are both feet on the gas and brake?

Quote: @Skodin said:

I don't agree with you on Z and Cook, but I'm sitting here asking myself this same question.

Quote: @Skodin said:
So is this making room for 2023 by taking room for 2024?

Why are we doing this?  Couldn't we restructure the bonus for ONeill and get into cap compliance without moving Z, Harry, or Cook?

Is this about creating leverage vs those 3 and leverage in a potential trade with another team?  I have no interest in seeing Z or Cook on this team next year, much rather have picks and room for new guys to step in

That's a good question and I was alluding to this earlier in other posts. 

What is our plan?  So far it seems like we're playing on the margins and straddling the fence. 

We could do an easy retool by cutting all our old vets to clear max cap space and reinvest that money into younger talent.  But we only went halfway with releasing Kendricks and Thielen...  We're holding Z hostage when he doesn't want to play for us and potentially signed his replacement in Davenport but have yet to release Z... we have no resolution on Harry's status...  We just kicked the cap can down the road on Cousins without committing one way or the other on him.  No extensions for Hock, JJ, or Darrisaw but we got the best blocking TE in FA...

I don't understand what our goal is this off-season.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

What is our plan?  So far it seems like we're playing on the margins and straddling the fence. 

We could do an easy retool by cutting all our old vets to clear max cap space and reinvest that money into younger talent.  But we only went halfway with releasing Kendricks and Thielen...  We're holding Z hostage when he doesn't want to play for us and potentially signed his replacement in Davenport but have yet to release Z... we have no resolution on Harry's status...  We just kicked the cap can down the road on Cousins without committing one way or the other on him.  No extensions for Hock, JJ, or Darrisaw but we got the best blocking TE in FA...

I am really hoping there is an "aha" moment coming that makes this come into focus.  Right now much of what we are seeing seems reactionary on the surface,  but I have faith the KAM is indeed playing chess and we just arent seeing his long play yet.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

I am really hoping there is an "aha" moment coming that makes this come into focus.  Right now much of what we are seeing seems reactionary on the surface,  but I have faith the KAM is indeed playing chess and we just arent seeing his long play yet.
This is what I am waiting for. I really believe the vision will appear sooner rather than later.

One other thing I have been thinking about, most here are down on KAM right now but I don't see anyone commenting on KOC, believe me he's completely involved in every decision they're making. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

Wet, you're talking like this is your first free agency. We're 24 hours in and you've already lost patience. What the hell are we doing?!! Do something! Show me the plan, KAM!

A lot is going to happen between now and the draft, plenty more after the draft. I suspect that's when JJ will be extended. Same with TJH. You obviously can't do it now. There's no hurry because they're not free agents. Darrisaw? He's not even eligible yet. Patience, my friend. It's silly to judge the offseason until we've actually had one. Then you can bitch all you want.