Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Did Kirk Cousins' large cap hit hinder the Vikings' chances?

Mark Wilf: "I don’t want to be, to use the phrase, a Monday morning quarterback on this situation because we have to look forward. We’re going to bring in the right people to help evaluate the answer to that question."

Tell me you are moving on from your QB without telling me you are moving on from your QB.
Yep. There's pert'near zero percent chance Cousins is back. I thought Zim was 85% gone, Rick was 45% and Cousins 50%. But what I didn't say is that if the Wilfs decided they were going to move on from Cousins, then that would push Rick over the 50% line.

So, yes, I could be wrong but I think they decided to move on from Cousins and that's what flipped the Rick switch. I really hope the Wilfs (heretofore: WILVES) know what the hell they're doing. 

Same here.  I'm not holding Cousins jock strap for him.  But to move on you need a plan.  And it wont be easy.  In fact we could screw it up and spend another 20 years sucking it up.

Yep, the excitement of those on Twitter and in social media who have absolutely no clue what they're talking about....is...unsettling.

Might be important to bring up the Lions list of QBs again: Danielson, Kramer, Harrington, Batch, Hipple, Peete, Kramer, Ware, Long...before they found Stafford (with a #1 overall pick, mind you). And they aren't alone. See Browns, Dolphins, Bears, Giants, Jets, Jags....and also the amount of GMs so many teams go through. Since 2000, Detroit, s
ix. Cleveland, ten. Raiders, five. Jets, six.

Still, so many seem convinced that, unlike those teams, we'll nail the GM and QB with the first try. Not to mention the HC. The odds of that happening? Low. 

[Image: rQ90nMhK_bigger.jpg]
Look for highly regarded Jets executive Rex Hogan to be a candidate for the Bears and Vikings' general manager vacancies, among other NFL teams, per league sources. Hogan has drawn comparisons to Colts GM Chris Ballard, his former Bears and Colts colleague

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are officially in the market for new leadership, and a former NFL head coach climbing his way back up through the collegiate ranks has already been floated as a possibility.Vikings ownership wasted literally no time parting ways with head coach Mike Zimmer and general manager Rick Spielman following the end to a disappointing 8-9 season, cutting both loose on Monday, January 10. The same morning, Mike Ryan of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz, took to the air waves to report that Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin is a prime candidate to return to the NFL as the leading man in Minnesota.
“I truly believe Lane Kiffin is probably gonna be the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings,” Ryan said on the popular sports podcast. “The reason why I think this is because of all the assistants leaving the Mississippi staff and I was told, ‘Look out for the Minnesota Vikings job.’ But he’s not a fit with Rick Spielman. Zimmer just got fired and Spielman just got fired. That’s oil and water, Lane Kiffin and Rick Speilman — not a fit. Now that they’ve cleaned house, look for a total coaching and culture overhaul in Minnesota, and I’ve got Lane Kiffin in the NFL again, possibly.”
seems like a fairy tale, and a bad one at that.
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Look for highly regarded Jets executive Rex Hogan to be a candidate for the Bears and Vikings' general manager vacancies, among other NFL teams, per league sources. Hogan has drawn comparisons to Colts GM Chris Ballard, his former Bears and Colts colleague
first if we go with Lame Kiffen, ill lose my fucking mind. Dude wears disguises at bars to try and pick up woman. Dude is a big turd. way too controversial to coach our Vikings. second, what the hell has Rex Hogan done to merit praise?? Has anyone looked at the Jets and how bad they are??? Gor Christs sake, can we not do better than these two clowns???!!!’

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are officially in the market for new leadership, and a former NFL head coach climbing his way back up through the collegiate ranks has already been floated as a possibility.Vikings ownership wasted literally no time parting ways with head coach Mike Zimmer and general manager Rick Spielman following the end to a disappointing 8-9 season, cutting both loose on Monday, January 10. The same morning, Mike Ryan of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz, took to the air waves to report that Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin is a prime candidate to return to the NFL as the leading man in Minnesota.
“I truly believe Lane Kiffin is probably gonna be the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings,” Ryan said on the popular sports podcast. “The reason why I think this is because of all the assistants leaving the Mississippi staff and I was told, ‘Look out for the Minnesota Vikings job.’ But he’s not a fit with Rick Spielman. Zimmer just got fired and Spielman just got fired. That’s oil and water, Lane Kiffin and Rick Speilman — not a fit. Now that they’ve cleaned house, look for a total coaching and culture overhaul in Minnesota, and I’ve got Lane Kiffin in the NFL again, possibly.”
seems like a fairy tale, and a bad one at that.
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
first if we go with Lame Kiffen, ill lose my fucking mind. Dude wears disguises at bars to try and pick up woman. Dude is a big turd. way too controversial to coach our Vikings. second, what the hell has Rex Hogan done to merit praise?? Has anyone looked at the Jets and how bad they are??? Gor Christs sake, can we not do better than these two clowns???!!!’
I think I'd prefer Hulk Hogan over Rex Hogan as our GM. Jets have been  a steaming pile of shat for years 

Under the radar name for GM is John Spytek,  VP of Player Personnel with the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Only slightly surprised that Spielman is also gone.  I've been a defender of his but a lot of Rick's moves the past 2 years backfired:

Pierce: Covid opt-out followed by missing half of 2021 with injury.
Tomlinson: Maybe not a backfire so much as a "meh".
Ngakouoe trade:  Sorry for reminding you of that one.
Breeland+Alexander: Ugh.
Harry Smith extension: We're still on the hook for how much?
2021 3rd round: Mond, Davis, Suratt, Jones.  Splat.
Gladney.

Just too many whiffs to survive.