Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economics...
Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@badgervike said:
According to the Administration, the Economy is stronger than ever...smfh

"Because ... when you look at inflation, when we look at where we are economically, and we are in a strong, we are stronger economically than we have been in history"

Serious question...does anybody still believe this nonsense?  How are you going to fix a problem...if you think there isn't one?  We've already heard several comments about how happy they are with the high gas prices...New Liberal Order and all.  
kind of like our companies automated sales tool that tells us when our customers sales are up/down,  the thing has been going nuts the last year sending me increased sales notices on about every customer every month because their gross sales number is up over 5% or more from the same month the previous year,  kind of a well no shit Sherlock thing considering the costs of goods are up way more than that in the last year.  

I also find myself wondering who believes this shit?
They don't care if anyone believes it.  That is why they have this clown out there reading from the script and proclaiming this nonsense.

The ones getting pinched the hardest are the lower - lower middle class.  They know exactly whats going on.  No need to listen to scripted political speeches.

From Biden's Inaugural address: “There is truth and there are lies. Each of us has a duty and responsibility, as citizens, as Americans, and especially as leaders — leaders who have pledged to honor our Constitution and protect our nation — to defend the truth and to defeat the lies.” 

His spokesperson echoed the "Truth" theme in her Inaugural Day comments to the Press "When the President asked me to serve in this role, we talked about the importance of bringing truth and transparency back to the briefing room"

So..there you have it...Best Economy EVER!!!

Guess the Biden fluffers were right.  We were told this discussion about inflation a year ago was ridiculous.  Notice any inflationary trends since Biden took office? As Joe likes to say "Best Economy EVER!  Keep up the good work![Image: Biden-inflation.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]

7.7% on a 30 year note. Hope everyone is in the house they wanted to be in because moving is unaffordable. 

@AGRforever said:
Quote:
7.7% on a 30 year note. Hope everyone is in the house they wanted to be in because moving is unaffordable. 
And it's only going to get worse.  Feds raised their rate by 3/4 % yet again.  Let's see...who could have possibly seen this coming????  In June, 2021, I said:

"At this point, I think Inflation is inevitable given the policy decisions of the current Administration.  Just like in the 70's, Energy dependence created by well intentioned policy decisions hostile to fossil fuels will make us once again dependent on others and give some bite back to OPEC et al.  Gas prices have doubled in many places.  Wait until those oil producers start reducing their supply.  Petroleum permeates virtually every other segment of the consumer marketplace whether it be in packaging, materials, cost of transportation...and disproportionately affects the middle class on down.  This by itself will be inflationary and I don't see ANY indication this Admin will change their course.  The second contributor to almost certain Inflation is our continuing debt as a Country and insatiable appetite for spending...particularly for Team Blue.  As I said above, the Federal Budget is typically around $3.8T annually.  The Democrats started the "Infrastructure" bill at $4T...more than the entire Annual budget...for a single bill.  This is in addition to the$1.9T in Emergency Relief already authorized.  And still, the primary agenda items for the Dems...are more spending bills.  The good news is that Manchin doesn't appear to be playing along so even using Reconciliation which only requires a simple majority will work.  I frankly wouldn't be surprised to see Manchin officially jump parties given the radical wing of the Democratic party has taken over.  Trump garnished 70% of the vote in West Virginia.

So...unless you can tell me that we'll change course on energy policy or get serious about the Country's debt....than our inflationary fate is already sealed"

I really wish the Bidenites were right on this one (even though it was obvious they were wrong).  Lots of people suffering...and it's only going to get worse.  I don't care which side of the aisle you're on...this fiscal policy is utter nonsense.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Yup.  So thankful we locked in a 3.0 when we moved.  Feel bad for the young people out there right now.

My first mortgage was at 16.5% thanks to President Carter so it can get so much worse.  It was pretty appropriate that one of the first things Biden did was visit the Carters so he could learn the intricacies of weak foreign policy, hostile energy policy and rampant spending from the master.  

Who's been fluffing Biden here? Seriously. I'd like to see where all the 'Biden Fluffers' are? Its such a bullshit comment. If you don't like Trump, somehow you are ball's deep in Biden? Its just so stupid.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Who's been fluffing Biden here? Seriously. I'd like to see where all the 'Biden Fluffers' are? Its such a bullshit comment. If you don't like Trump, somehow you are ball's deep in Biden? Its just so stupid.
The fluffers were anybody that thought Biden was a better choice than Trump,  once again we were presented with the best choice being the lesser of two evils and there were many who voted wrong.  Trump was terribly divisive,   but his economic and energy policies were good for most,  Biden is equally divisive but with the added failures of just about every damn things he's messed with.   Sadly I honestly don't believe its Biden doing all this shit,  hes just the dip shit puppet that is running somebody else's agenda to destroy this country.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This whole thread started with Biden fluffing...you know...how great the economy was when compared to pandemic levels.  When many of us pointed out the economic indicators weren't so rosy and many of Biden's policies would contribute to further inflation...our inflationary concerns were written off as politically biased when really the economy was only suffering because of weather, or the tanker stuck in the Suez, or...   It was plain to see a year ago the US and World was heading for a Recession.  Many on this board pointed it out.  I was a long time Democrat turned Libertarian.  I've voted for exactly 3 mainstream Presidential candidates since 1980...Reagan (2nd term), Clinton (2nd term) and Trump (2nd term).  I vote third party almost exclusively for President.  The Trump vote was a lesser of two evils with Basement Joe.  I'm hardly bound by party politics as my disgust with the major parties runs deep .  The Democratic party, however, is virtually unrecognizable from the party of inclusion and tolerance I once knew.  

Biden is the worst President in my lifetime...and frankly...it isn't even close.  It's all identity politics combined with energy and fiscal irresponsibility.  The Justice Department and their media partners have been weaponized against political enemies.  I'm really not sure why people can't just admit it because that's the first step in actually fixing it.

This Recession was VERY predictable...and preventable...if we would just stop with the nonsense.  The Democratic spending sprees and war on fossil fuels as well as failure to address the supply chain issues are major contributors to our current economic woes (and yes...I realize it's a global economy these days). Let's quit making excuses for poor policy.

More than a year ago, we were told the economy was on the mend...and to just give Biden some time.  He had his time...and has only made things worse.  That poor bastard still was talking about how good the economy was just yesterday.  You can't fix the problem if you don't first acknowledge there is a problem.