Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers Future In Jeopardy

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
I won't believe any of it until I see Rodgers in another uniform. Its drama, no team will give up for Rodgers what Green Bay would ask for and its in the Packer organization's best interest to keep him, at least for another year. It makes for good media sports talk fodder, but little else IMO.
The thing with Rodgers though...  he's a BIG grudge holder.  Look at his family, turned his back on them...  had enough with McCarthy...  turned his back on him, made public comments that ended up with him getting fired mid-season...  the local talk here is not optimistic he'll be in a Packer uniform this season.
Exactly! He is definitely the type of player who would make a bad pass or play poorly just to prove a point. The drama is great...especially when it increased over cutting a WR 90% of fans never heard of. Karen Rodgers, by the way, is effin great and made me laugh
Its the only thing I'll be calling him anymore. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Ok, here's me connecting the dots based on various statements I've read. 
  • Rodgers was told by GM he would be traded in the off-season
  • Rodgers is from Northern California
  • Rodgers acquires Hollywood starlet beard
  • Hollywood starlet beard excited about living near LaLa land
  • 49ers pay a King's ransom to move up to #3
  • 49ers think they have a trade in place to acquire Rodgers
  • GM walks back on promise to trade Rodgers
  • Rodgers freaks out
  • Hollywood starlet beard freaks out
  • Pandemonium ensues 
I don't think the GM was smart enough to have any plan in place to move Rodgers before the draft when
he could have got maximum value. Like I said in another thread, I think Gutekunst and Murphy thought they could smooth this over. They have ignored the WR position since they drafted Scantling and St Brown in 2018. Amari Rodgers was the first WR they have drafted since then. How do you not get one of the Elite QB's in the league some weapons? To go two straight drafts without adding some WR talent to your roster is criminal and I think Collin is absolutely correct when he says this relationship is irreconcilable and will end in divorce. Just a matter of when. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
  • Rodgers freaks out
  • Pandemonium ensues 
I don't think the GM was smart enough to have any plan in place to move Rodgers before the draft when
he could have got maximum value. Like I said in another thread, I think Gutekunst and Murphy thought they could smooth this over. They have ignored the WR position since they drafted Scantling and St Brown in 2018. Amari Rodgers was the first WR they have drafted since then. How do you not get one of the Elite QB's in the league some weapons? To go two straight drafts without adding some WR talent to your roster is criminal and I think Collin is absolutely correct when he says this relationship is irreconcilable and will end in divorce. Just a matter of when. 

We didn't draft OL for years.  Why would a team not drafting WRs be any different.  I'm just glad that the beer goggles have come off in Green Bay. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@TBro said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
  • Rodgers freaks out
  • Pandemonium ensues 

We didn't draft OL for years.  Why would a team not drafting WRs be any different.  I'm just glad that the beer goggles have come off in Green Bay. 
You would have to go back to the 2007 draft to find a year where we didn't take an OLineman. If you mean we haven't drafted good OLineman, especially Spielman's late round flyers, I will agree with you. We haven't invested high draft choices consistently except for the last three drafts. 
The Packers did not take one WR in 2019 or 2020 when they desperately needed to and Rodgers was begging the front office for help at the position. Too little, too late.  

I think Rodgers and his team may have bungled this by waiting until draft week to air the dirty laundry. Had he done it a month earlier, he'd probably be on another team today.
Remember, here's what SF sent to MIA for #3:
2021 #122022 first2022 third round comp pick
2023 first
If they wanted to, they could've offered all of that to GB instead of MIA. Would have been way more appealing of package to GB than just #3 overall and whatever else SF threw in.
And not to get off topic but it really is wild they gave up that much for Lance. Especially considering Fields went #11 and Jones went #15. I don't think he will but if Lance busts... bye-bye Lynch.

The GM is in a bad spot. Trading Rodgers would likely cast the Packers into the oblivion of being non-competitive for years and perhaps decades to come. That will cost him his job.

If he plays hardball, his only realistic choice, and Rodgers stays home or retires, he also loses his job.

If Rodgers shows up and they mend fences, so be it.

I've never seen a GM of a 13-3 team, who but for one questionable decision by the head coach in the NFC championship game which may have cost them the superbowl, on the hot seat like this. He just as well resign.

I think Rodgers stays and the GM goes.

I think we are beyond fences being mended. 

Returns to packers 0%
Retires 40%
Traded 60%

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Well, all you need is Love...to destroy your franchise lololololol
Nah Rodgers might end up doing it. K'Aaron is mad when the attention is not on him.

Aaron Rodgers reportedly mocked Packers GM Brian Gutekunst in team group chats by calling him Jerry Krause, per