Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Brees still doesn't get it
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Didnt Kapernick win an NFCCG @ Lamblow as part of his resume? Maybe beat the Packers a couple times in those big games?

That's enough for me right there... :p
I'll tell ya one thing. There are a handful of starting QBs on our schedule this year that I fear a lot less than I would a Colin Kaepernick with a chip on his shoulder. 

Here are highlights of that Packer game. 

This is awesome...and what needs to happen on every team in every sport. A big FU to hate, racism and Trumpism.

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/128...68000?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
This is awesome...and what needs to happen on every team in every sport. A big FU to hate, racism and Trumpism.

The Trumpers better get used to this. They can go ahead and boycott every sport and they'll only be hurting themselves. 

Yeah but think about the shorter Beer lines.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

The Trumpers better get used to this. They can go ahead and boycott every sport and they'll only be hurting themselves. 
so only conservatives found it unpatriotic and disrespectful to kneel for the anthem?   I find that very hard to believe.  I have a hard time believing that Drew Brees is a Trump supporter,  but I am fairly confident that despite the public back peddling that his views have really changed.

as far as the "trumpers" only hurting themselves,  considering roughly half the country voted for trump last time and I only expect his numbers to fall about 5% this next election ( which Im fairly confident he will lose) that is a significant number of potential fans for any sport to lose.

now will they walk away... not likely,  but if even 10% of those people quit buying sponsored products and paying for NFL ticks, merch, etc that would be a pretty hard hit to their bottom line,  and thats just the first generation.  how many kids wont get turned onto the sport because their parents and grand parents were no longer into it?

IMO if there is any financial blow back the leagues will soften their voice and urge the players to just get back to playing and to leave the social warrior show in the locker rooms.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

so only conservatives found it unpatriotic and disrespectful to kneel for the anthem?   
I wouldn't even say all conservatives. It's mostly just Trump supporters. There's a big difference between those who support a conservative agenda (small govt, low taxes, etc--things supported by Bush, McCain, Romney, Will, Kristol, and probably even a decent chunk of kneeling players themselves) and the mostly bigoted cult who follow the orange ManBaby--folks who get angry every time someone merely suggests that black folks experience something completely different than white folks when stopped by police, or that racism might still be a problem in America, or that black lives matter. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

so only conservatives found it unpatriotic and disrespectful to kneel for the anthem?   
I wouldn't even say all conservatives. It's mostly just Trump supporters. There's a big difference between those who support a conservative agenda (small govt, low taxes, etc--things supported by Bush, McCain, Romney, Will, Kristol, and probably even a decent chunk of kneeling players themselves) and the mostly bigoted cult who follow the orange ManBaby--folks who get angry every time someone merely suggests that black folks experience something completely different than white folks when stopped by police, or that racism might still be a problem in America, or that black lives matter. 
roughly half the country supported trump the last election,  his current approval rating is 40-49% depending on what poll you wan to read,   you are painting with a very fucking wide brush and really showing your ignorance in the process.  do you really think that your disparaging description of Trump supporters is representative of nearly half the country?

your trolling of those that support the president is getting really old.  you dont have to agree with their position, but grow the fuck up already.  you seem to be trying to pick a fight in every thread and thats not what this board is here for.  If you dont want to converse with those of differing views and are only here to stir shit up then just leave already.

Jimmy did you just call MB ignorant? 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

roughly half the country supported trump the last election,  his current approval rating is 40-49% depending on what poll you wan to read,   you are painting with a very fucking wide brush and really showing your ignorance in the process.  do you really think that your disparaging description of Trump supporters is representative of nearly half the country?

your trolling of those that support the president is getting really old.  you dont have to agree with their position, but grow the fuck up already.  you seem to be trying to pick a fight in every thread and thats not what this board is here for.  If you dont want to converse with those of differing views and are only here to stir shit up then just leave already.
Well, James, I did say "mostly bigoted cult," so I know not all of them are morons, just most. YOU, kind sir, were actually one of the few who acknowledged he was a fucking moron, and the only reason you voted for him was because you thought Hillary was worse. Every single one of your posts about Trump used the qualifier, "he's an idiot, BUT" or "he's a moron, BUT." Go ahead, look it up. 

Anyway, you should be congratulated on your insight, because you were exactly right. He WAS a fucking moron. You'll have a chance to get yer "BUT" out of all Trump commentary this November. :-)

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Well, James, I did say "mostly bigoted cult," so I know not all of them are morons, just most. YOU, kind sir, were actually one of the few who acknowledged he was a fucking moron, and the only reason you voted for him was because you thought Hillary was worse. Every single one of your posts about Trump used the qualifier, "he's an idiot, BUT" or "he's a moron, BUT." Go ahead, look it up. 

Anyway, you should be congratulated on your insight, because you were exactly right. He WAS a fucking moron. You'll have a chance to get yer "BUT" out of all Trump commentary this November. :-)
your posting style is very similar to Viking Bobs,  in case you were wondering how those of differing view points receive your offerings,  you may not care,  but honestly I didnt think Bobs was useful or mature and yours is no better.  cool it on the bull shit or just stick to the football side.   the bait posts serve no purpose and only rile up the discourse between the sides... your vile dripping posts are about as useful as Trumps tweets if that makes it easier to understand.