Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefanski news
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Can't wait to see Stefanski feature the running game in general and Cook specifically...the OL coach selection will be huge....can't wait!
Sounds great.  May as well make Thielen one of the highest paid WRs too because he deserves it.
Then, they can have two high paid receivers that can be decoys so they can run more.

Stefnaski has 3 games experience calling plays in the NFL.  Don't know why people think he is going to be out foxing defensive coordinators.  The dude is likely to dial some real confusing plays that will have fans pissed.  But it is a learning experience just like a young QB experiences.
The interesting part is the Vikings are turning over the offense to a rookie essentially with this current roster that has a year or two left before major changes will occur due to salary cap restraints and/or age.
I wish Stefanski all the best and I am hoping he does very well.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Can't wait to see Stefanski feature the running game in general and Cook specifically...the OL coach selection will be huge....can't wait!
Sounds great.  May as well make Thielen one of the highest paid WRs too because he deserves it.
Then, they can have two high paid receivers that can be decoys so they can run more.
Play action pass? You know, something Cousins is quite adept at. Yes, obviously featuring a running game means we stop passing.

@MarkSP18 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Play action pass? You know, something Cousins is quite adept at. Yes, obviously featuring a running game means we stop passing.
Maybe not but would you give Thielen a raise and then run more?  Clearly Zimmer wants to run.  They will play action but they need the run to be effective for that to really work.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@njvike said:
Longevity and continuity ARE generally good things in theory. But Stefanski's time with the Vikings comes during a 14 year run that has produced TWO PLAYOFF WINS. That is a supposed selling point? 

YIKES. In 5 years, the same people that are applauding this "move" will be using it as an EXCUSE. Just like Childress, Ponder, Frazier, Walsh, Turner, Bradford, Carlson, DeFilipo, Jackson, etc. When they're here it's a great decision.... a few years after they're gone, memories are magically wiped clean and those players/coaches are villified.

I'm not sure, and I have no intention of wasting my time researching it, but I can't recall a 14 year stretch of such consistent playoff futility in Vikings history. I DO know that during that stretch they've had their LOSINGEST season in their history.  So, we got THAT going for us. 

Good luck, Stefanski. You're gonna need it with a HC and GM with their nuts to the fire....they BOTH have a well documented history of sacrificing numerous scapegoats in order to save their own ass'. Keep your options open, dude, you might need to relocate in 10 months. 
Blah, Blah Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah...
Very clever. I think you were one of the genius fans on this tolerant board that were also dismissing the "blah blah blah" fans that had some doubts about the Viking's 2018 season.....How'd that smarmy arrogance turn out for ya?

I hope you D-bags are correct and the Vikings win the SB NEXT season.....but, there is NOTHING that this current regime has ACTUALLY accomplished in the playoffs the past decade plus that supports any LOGICAL optimism. 

You choose blind allegience, I reserve that for family only. Good on ya! You are DEFINITELY a betterest fan than me!

Enjoy watching either the Eagles or Saints accomplishing what you predicted the Vikings would...hahahaha!

Yup KS was the truth and boring as MB so succinctly put it, but the OL coach choice is very interesting indeed. 

Wonderful if they'll hang with the ZBS? I would think so with Cook as feature back...

Quote: @njvike said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@njvike said:
Longevity and continuity ARE generally good things in theory. But Stefanski's time with the Vikings comes during a 14 year run that has produced TWO PLAYOFF WINS. That is a supposed selling point? 

YIKES. In 5 years, the same people that are applauding this "move" will be using it as an EXCUSE. Just like Childress, Ponder, Frazier, Walsh, Turner, Bradford, Carlson, DeFilipo, Jackson, etc. When they're here it's a great decision.... a few years after they're gone, memories are magically wiped clean and those players/coaches are villified.

I'm not sure, and I have no intention of wasting my time researching it, but I can't recall a 14 year stretch of such consistent playoff futility in Vikings history. I DO know that during that stretch they've had their LOSINGEST season in their history.  So, we got THAT going for us. 

Good luck, Stefanski. You're gonna need it with a HC and GM with their nuts to the fire....they BOTH have a well documented history of sacrificing numerous scapegoats in order to save their own ass'. Keep your options open, dude, you might need to relocate in 10 months. 
Blah, Blah Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah...
Very clever. I think you were one of the genius fans on this tolerant board that were also dismissing the "blah blah blah" fans that had some doubts about the Viking's 2018 season.....How'd that smarmy arrogance turn out for ya?

I hope you D-bags are correct and the Vikings win the SB NEXT season.....but, there is NOTHING that this current regime has ACTUALLY accomplished in the playoffs the past decade plus that supports any LOGICAL optimism. 

You choose blind allegience, I reserve that for family only. Good on ya! You are DEFINITELY a betterest fan than me!

Enjoy watching either the Eagles or Saints accomplishing what you predicted the Vikings would...hahahaha!
Yeah, I'm a die-hard Vikings fan, I'll admit it and every year I envision a better season with the hopes of a trip for them to the Super Bowl.  I'm not much for knit-picking everything part about the organization.  I don't have any control regarding GMs/coaches/players anyways or have hissy fits over other posters' comments.  But I  do hope you have a nice day.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
just a thought,  but we all assume that the reason Zimmer is a lame duck coach is because he needs to prove more,  what if he is a lame duck by choice?  maybe he has set his own exit date and that is why his contract hasnt been extended?
I have thought the same thing Jimmy.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
just a thought,  but we all assume that the reason Zimmer is a lame duck coach is because he needs to prove more,  what if he is a lame duck by choice?  maybe he has set his own exit date and that is why his contract hasnt been extended?
I have thought the same thing Jimmy.
something about great minds.....

Kevin has pretty much seen it all during his run with the team.   From jock washer to OC is definitely going to be a movie on Netflix someday.  As OC he can easily go back and pull plays and idea's from Chilly's KAO, Norv's 7 steps to a sack offense, Shurmer's Horse Shoes and Prayers offense and Flip's Chuck and Duck offense.  If worse comes to worse he can always take some plays from watching the guys playing Madden 18 in the locker room.  There's no way we aren't going to be a top 10 offense next year.  Just gotta believe people!!! Smile