Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out
Lane Kiffin?! That’d be, um, something… Didn’t he only last like 4 games with the Raiders?

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
The more I thought about it, it is time for a clean break.  Zimmer was a formality as he had lost the team.  Rick was a different story, but I think it was time to move on there too.  It can't be denied that we have some of the best owners in the league.  They're willing to spend and stay out of the way.  I think that may lead to some big opportunities to bring in big time talent at the GM and Head Coach spots.  The larger question is identifying who they are, because none of the ones I'm hearing about make me real comfortable.  Perhaps Brez for GM and go OC at head coach.
Zimmer didn't lose the locker room.
I don't know.  I kind of heard different things.  I think overall you're right, that he was by and large respected by the team, but I also think there was a sense at the end with the players that new leadership was necessary.  

Eric Kendricks, asked about culture, says everyone will have their own opinions, but "I don't think a fear-based organization is the way to go."

EK with the money shot.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Did Kirk Cousins' large cap hit hinder the Vikings' chances?

Mark Wilf: "I don’t want to be, to use the phrase, a Monday morning quarterback on this situation because we have to look forward. We’re going to bring in the right people to help evaluate the answer to that question."

Tell me you are moving on from your QB without telling me you are moving on from your QB.
Yep. There's pert'near zero percent chance Cousins is back. I thought Zim was 85% gone, Rick was 45% and Cousins 50%. But what I didn't say is that if the Wilfs decided they were going to move on from Cousins, then that would push Rick over the 50% line.

So, yes, I could be wrong but I think they decided to move on from Cousins and that's what flipped the Rick switch. I really hope the Wilfs (heretofore: WILVES) know what the hell they're doing. 

Eric Kendricks with some notable comments on the Vikings of late under Mike Zimmer.

Kendricks said there were "some things that were left out there as far as our relationship." Later he added, "I don't think a fear-based organization is the way to go."

[Image: w0x3SLVP_bigger.jpg]
Kendricks getting very emotional about Barr: “it hurt me to see him hurt like that.. the last part of the season he played so strong and it made me happy… that’s my guy”

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Mark Wilf: "I don’t want to be, to use the phrase, a Monday morning quarterback on this situation because we have to look forward. We’re going to bring in the right people to help evaluate the answer to that question."

Tell me you are moving on from your QB without telling me you are moving on from your QB.
Yep. There's pert'near zero percent chance Cousins is back. I thought Zim was 85% gone, Rick was 45% and Cousins 50%. But what I didn't say is that if the Wilfs decided they were going to move on from Cousins, then that would push Rick over the 50% line.

So, yes, I could be wrong but I think they decided to move on from Cousins and that's what flipped the Rick switch. I really hope the Wilfs (heretofore: WILVES) know what the hell they're doing. 

Same here.  I'm not holding Cousins jock strap for him.  But to move on you need a plan.  And it wont be easy.  In fact we could screw it up and spend another 20 years sucking it up.

[Image: w0x3SLVP_bigger.jpg]
Kendricks getting very emotional about Barr: “it hurt me to see him hurt like that.. the last part of the season he played so strong and it made me happy… that’s my guy”

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Eric Kendricks with some notable comments on the Vikings of late under Mike Zimmer.

Kendricks said there were "some things that were left out there as far as our relationship." Later he added, "I don't think a fear-based organization is the way to go."
I knew the stuff would flow after Z was canned. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Wilfi