Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For OL Prospects
Quote: @FSUVike said:
You have to take a chance on Muti. The ceiling is through the roof, as MJ would say. Tua's going Top 10, probably Top 5, with what could easily turn into a degenerative hip condition. 

Imagine Ruiz and Muti! Samia becomes the swing Guard. Elf is the emerging Center. Williams and O'Neill at Tackles with Udoh in training to replace Hill as the swing Tackle. It'll cost you Harris, but the Line is fixed and deep for years to come!

I take it you meant our center Bradbury...? Elf s/b emerging on the waiver wire.  Wink

Quote: @FSUVike said:
You have to take a chance on Muti. The ceiling is through the roof, as MJ would say. Tua's going Top 10, probably Top 5, with what could easily turn into a degenerative hip condition. 

Imagine Ruiz and Muti! Samia becomes the swing Guard. Elf is the emerging Center. Williams and O'Neill at Tackles with Udoh in training to replace Hill as the swing Tackle. It'll cost you Harris, but the Line is fixed and deep for years to come!
I like the thought of Ruiz and Muti alongside Bradbury. Just don't know what to think about the injury. Muti's a huge wildcard. 

How about this: 

LT: Trent Williams, HIll
LG: Cesar Ruiz (D1b), Pinter (D5)
C: Bradbury, Ruiz
RG: Dru Samia, Pinter
RT: Brian O'Neill, Udoh

If we want Ruiz (and I sure do!), we may have to get in front of the Cowboys to do it....been reading they’re pretty high on him to replace Frederick.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@FSUVike said:

I take it you meant our center Bradbury...? Elf s/b emerging on the waiver wire.  Wink
My bad! Emergency Center. As in 'break glass, press button and prepare for the worst' emergency. 

Does that make Bret Jones the 'holy shit, the emergency backup failed' option? His re-signing to me is very interesting.

Minnesota can't afford its starting RG but they can afford a backup, backup Center who's not young, and a POS backup times four RB who also stinks at Returns.

Stranger Things!

Article from the sidebar says Vikings have shown interest in G, Robert Hunt. This is a player you don't hear a lot about, but I listened to a podcast yesterday where a couple of scouts were raving about his flexibility to play every position. You want a guard who can start right away and later project to right tackle, this might be your guy.

Jeremiah ranks him at 60. McGinn has him as the top guard in the draft not named Tristan Wirfs.

2. ROBERT HUNT, Louisiana (6-5, 323, no 40, 2): Started at LG in 2016-’17 and at RT in 2018-’19. “Tough guy,” said one scout. “Got some initial pop. He can strike you. Not an elite athlete. Got some waist-bend issues. But there’s a lot to work with.” His chances for an early selection took a hit because of a groin injury that required surgery in January and cost him the last seven games and post-season participation. “Had he been able to go to the Senior Bowl and showed out against tough competition he might be a guy we’re talking about late in the first round,” another scout said. “He plays with a mean streak. He’s powerful. He can move people.” His Wonderlic score of 13 was second-lowest among the top guards. “He’s actually much more football smart than you want to give him credit for,” said a third scout. “He’s going to go pretty high because he can play four positions. He’s a little bit rough around the edges. You don’t want to rush him. You don’t want to depend on him to do too much. Maybe third round, but tackles usually get overdrafted so second wouldn’t surprise me.” From Burkeville, Texas.

Great back story on Hunt. 

Are folks still talking about Wirfs at G? Why? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

I don't know. HIs 34 inch arms are plenty long enough, but I've heard some say he'll be a good tackle, but an All Pro guard. We'll see. Sounds like the classic "put him at tackle until he proves otherwise" player. Probably depends on where he lands. He's probably not a LEFT tackle. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I don't know. HIs 34 inch arms are plenty long enough, but I've heard some say he'll be a good tackle, but an All Pro guard. We'll see. Sounds like the classic "put him at tackle until he proves otherwise" player. Probably depends on where he lands. He's probably not a LEFT tackle. 
He had 4 starts at LT, so it's not completely foreign to him...but, with no rookie camps or OTAs, I leave him at RT...world theory guy...imagine Wirfs and O'Neill for the next decade...