Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefanski news
Quote: @MaroonBells said:

The truth is so boring. 
Nailed it.  It's why I didn't get too worked up about all these names floating around with reports of the Vikings having "interest".  I'm sure the Vikings called on some, but others are the media trying to draw conclusions on guys who worked together previously, agents putting out smoke to get their client some press (regardless of whether a team called on them or not), etc...
Stefanski was the logical choice.  Zimmer knows him well, he's familiar with our players, and is well respected by the team and around the league.  Hopefully he'll stick around for a couple years so our offense can get some much needed continuity at QB and OC.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

The truth is so boring. 
Nailed it.  It's why I didn't get too worked up about all these names floating around with reports of the Vikings having "interest".  I'm sure the Vikings called on some, but others are the media trying to draw conclusions on guys who worked together previously, agents putting out smoke to get their client some press (regardless of whether a team called on them or not), etc...
Stefanski was the logical choice.  Zimmer knows him well, he's familiar with our players, and is well respected by the team and around the league.  Hopefully he'll stick around for a couple years so our offense can get some much needed continuity at QB and OC.

I think it's pretty obvious the Vikings were lining up contingencies in case Stef did get a HC offer. Who wouldn't? 

What bugged me was the bad blood narrative that some in the anti-Zimmer crowd tried to craft. 

I'm good with Stef. Not excited; not disappointed. He has some negatives (no track record of success) and some positives (continuity). At the end of the day, I think the positives probably outweigh the negative. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

The truth is so boring. 

I honestly think if he does well and sticks around for 2 or 3 seasons the team is his.  I dont think Zimmer is going to coach until he is 70 like some of these guys do.  I can see him giving it a good run for a couple more years and walking away at 65 or so regardless of his accomplishments as a HC.   He is a driven person,  but the lifestyle is definitely wearing on him and he has other interest away from the football field that he could easily want to spend more time with IMO.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

The truth is so boring. 

I think it's pretty obvious the Vikings were lining up contingencies in case Stef did get a HC offer. Who wouldn't? 

What bugged me was the bad blood narrative that some in the anti-Zimmer crowd tried to craft. 

I'm good with Stef. Not excited; not disappointed. He has some negatives (no track record of success) and some positives (continuity). At the end of the day, I think the positives probably outweigh the negative. 
The big downside to Stef is that he already got a HC interview.  If our offense does well, he will likely be gone.  Just wish we could string together 2 seasons with the same QB and same OC. 

just a thought,  but we all assume that the reason Zimmer is a lame duck coach is because he needs to prove more,  what if he is a lame duck by choice?  maybe he has set his own exit date and that is why his contract hasnt been extended?

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

The truth is so boring. 

The big downside to Stef is that he already got a HC interview.  If our offense does well, he will likely be gone.  Just wish we could string together 2 seasons with the same QB and same OC. 
Yeah, but most teams are in that boat. I think we're seeing exactly why we held on to Stef. It's possible that the Philbin interest is a guard against Stef leaving next year. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

The truth is so boring. 

I honestly think if he does well and sticks around for 2 or 3 seasons the team is his.  I dont think Zimmer is going to coach until he is 70 like some of these guys do.  I can see him giving it a good run for a couple more years and walking away at 65 or so regardless of his accomplishments as a HC.   He is a driven person,  but the lifestyle is definitely wearing on him and he has other interest away from the football field that he could easily want to spend more time with IMO.
Zimmer can retire... right after he wins his 2nd Super Bowl.  And not until then.  
The downside, though, is that once we win a Super Bowl, we're never going to hear from one of this site's best and brightest minds.  I guess you gotta take the good with the bad... 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
No disrespect TBro, but opinions formed from tweets and click whore writers are exactly why I used the word gossip. 

Glad he didn't move on so we didn't have to hear that line of thought all offseason.  Hopefully the continuity (and some new guards) will help cousins and our offense.  One thing for certain, Cook should be a prime candidate for a big breakout.
Exactly,  to think that anything of substance should be taken from isolated tweets and anonymous sources anymore is just looking to be wrong in the end.  Half of these so called beat writers for online "media" have no clue what's really happening and are basically just online versions of charlie walters
Tbro has pretty solid takes.  Hell who didnt worry when Stef  got the 2nd interview and Mularkey and Koetter went off the market.  In hindsight we now know Stef was offereed the job pending his HC opportunity, so now it all makes sense that Mularkey and Koetter granbed the best deal on the tabel. Atlanta has great ownership

Can't wait to see Stefanski feature the running game in general and Cook specifically...the OL coach selection will be huge....can't wait!

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Can't wait to see Stefanski feature the running game in general and Cook specifically...the OL coach selection will be huge....can't wait!
As long as Stef clues in Cousins that even with a running game, he can throw the ball in the first 2 quarters.
I (always optimistic) expect a good offense next year, Stefanski having all offseason to implement his offense, Cousins in his second year with the team and coaches and obviously upgrades to our line.