Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum has “a horseshoe right now” but how long will he have starting job?
Quote: @Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@FSUVike said:
@SFVikingFan said:
@FSUVike said:
So riddle me this: Teddy takes an AP-centric, archaic Norvel-schemed Offense with a bad Offensive Line and no WRs to 11-5.

But some of you think Zimmer is nuts for wanting to see what he can do with all this talent....
The offensive line wasn't great in 2015, but it was much better than last year's squad.  AD didn't lead the league in rushing all by himself.  And a rookie Diggs, Wright, Wallace, and Rudolph is not exactly "no WRs".  Plus you aren't giving any credit to the defense, which was the 5th ranked scoring defense that year.  The offense ranked 16th in points scored.

And I do think he's nuts if he wants to replace a QB who is playing very well and has the team on a 6 game win streak for a QB who hasn't played in a real game in 22 months and in his first two years in the league averaged 212 yards and just under 1 TD per game.
Rookie Diggs that played what, half the year does not equal 2017 Diggs. Thielen >Wallace by a factor of 3, minimum. Johnson was the other main target but Teddy had better rapport with Wright from their time as backups. 

So Rudolph, Wright and Baby Diggs. Yep, that's not too good and not even remotely comparable to what the Team has now.

And while that Line could run block, at times (a lot of that was when AP was still AP), they sucked at pass pro, which is where this Line excels.

And Uncle Norv was calling runs up the gut every stinking 1st and 2nd Down and then dialing up 7 Steo Drops to go deep with a West Coast QB.

I'm not calling for Teddy to replace Keenum. But it isn't exactly Rocket Science to project what a healthy Teddy could do with a far superior roster and OC.

not that it means anything regarding 2017 Teddy, post knee explosion Teddy,  but people question his turning the corner or showing improvement.   Teddy was 6 TD to 1 INT down the stretch in 15. (I heard it on NFLN regarding him improving before his injury)  Thats pretty damn good considering how bad our offense was with Norv calling the game for AD,  and playing outside in December.  His other stats didnt really make me say wow,  but that jumped out at me.
I would say your cherry picking.
season stats...
14 TDs for the season
9 int's 
5 fumbles
Oh for fucks sake. ..it was a quarter of the season in the end of only his second year.  Ignore them if you want I don't give a fuck.  Stick your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.  I am not arguing either way,  I am fine with Case while he's playing good,  but I'm not going to be convinced that what my own eyes were seeing and thE stats are supporting isn't likely, and that was Teddy was getting better in spite of a shitty situation.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@silverjoel said:
@Mike Olson said:
@silverjoel said:
@Mike Olson said:
@silverjoel said:
@Mike Olson said:
How fair would it be to Bridgewater to ask him to come in after not playing a meaningful football game since Jan 2016 and not screw up the current trajectory? That's a lot of time that he hasn't led a team. And that's a lot of pressure to welcome him back under. If it doesn't work you have a whole locker room full of folks that are going to ask why you went away from a guy that basicallysaved your season at the QB position. I just don't think we will see Teddy again this year. 
Bridgewater is a NFL QB, if he can't hack it, so be it and go back to Keenum.  Again, if Zimmer feels Bridgewater is the best option, he should go with him.  Play the best talent.  To paraphrase Zimmer, good enough is the enemy of great.

Isn't a little insulting to the rest of the team to say that Keenum saved the season?  I would guess the defense feels like they're a part of the success of the team.
Maybe you should read my post a little closer...
I read it.  Not really sure what that means.  Has Hill saved the season at RT?  Harris at S?  Backups are suppose to come in and play well, otherwise they shouldn't be the backup.
Well he sure as shit ain't Spurgeon Wynn now is he? I'd say 6 wins in a row with 5 games over 100 rating is pretty fuckin good no? 
 No he isn't, he's played pretty well.  3.5 games over 100 rating (feel free to call it 4, but not 5).   He also has 4 games under 80 rating.  I'm not really trying to knock him here, he's just been up and down game to game (sometimes half to half).  Just not sure what this savior thing is.  Bradford was the savior and should have been locked up on a multiyear deal and now Keenum is the savior and should be locked up on a multiyear deal.
 I'm still going to trust the coaches on all of this. 
Must be different stats? I am quoting KFAN's reporting. 
Passer rating is a formula, so it doesn't vary.  Here is Keenum this year:

Pit - 65.9
TB - 142.1 
Det - 76.9
Chi - 110.3 (half game)
GB - 78.7
Bal - 67.7 
Cle - 88.1
Was - 117.0
LAR - 100.8

This is from yahoo, but you can check any site that has passer rating and it will be the same.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@FSUVike said:
@SFVikingFan said:
@FSUVike said:
So riddle me this: Teddy takes an AP-centric, archaic Norvel-schemed Offense with a bad Offensive Line and no WRs to 11-5.

But some of you think Zimmer is nuts for wanting to see what he can do with all this talent....
The offensive line wasn't great in 2015, but it was much better than last year's squad.  AD didn't lead the league in rushing all by himself.  And a rookie Diggs, Wright, Wallace, and Rudolph is not exactly "no WRs".  Plus you aren't giving any credit to the defense, which was the 5th ranked scoring defense that year.  The offense ranked 16th in points scored.

And I do think he's nuts if he wants to replace a QB who is playing very well and has the team on a 6 game win streak for a QB who hasn't played in a real game in 22 months and in his first two years in the league averaged 212 yards and just under 1 TD per game.
Rookie Diggs that played what, half the year does not equal 2017 Diggs. Thielen >Wallace by a factor of 3, minimum. Johnson was the other main target but Teddy had better rapport with Wright from their time as backups. 

So Rudolph, Wright and Baby Diggs. Yep, that's not too good and not even remotely comparable to what the Team has now.

And while that Line could run block, at times (a lot of that was when AP was still AP), they sucked at pass pro, which is where this Line excels.

And Uncle Norv was calling runs up the gut every stinking 1st and 2nd Down and then dialing up 7 Steo Drops to go deep with a West Coast QB.

I'm not calling for Teddy to replace Keenum. But it isn't exactly Rocket Science to project what a healthy Teddy could do with a far superior roster and OC.

not that it means anything regarding 2017 Teddy, post knee explosion Teddy,  but people question his turning the corner or showing improvement.   Teddy was 6 TD to 1 INT down the stretch in 15. (I heard it on NFLN regarding him improving before his injury)  Thats pretty damn good considering how bad our offense was with Norv calling the game for AD,  and playing outside in December.  His other stats didnt really make me say wow,  but that jumped out at me.
I would say your cherry picking.
season stats...
14 TDs for the season
9 int's 
5 fumbles
Oh for fucks sake. ..it was a quarter of the season in the end of only his second year.  Ignore them if you want I don't give a fuck.  Stick your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.  I am not arguing either way,  I am fine with Case while he's playing good,  but I'm not going to be convinced that what my own eyes were seeing and thE stats are supporting isn't likely, and that was Teddy was getting better in spite of a shitty situation.
Here is what Teddy done the last 5 games of the season.
game 12: 0 TD' s    1 int

game 13 0 TD's       1 int

game 14  1 TD

game 15  4 TD's    A career high game for Teddy vs Bears 

game 16  1 TD

game 17   0 TD       1int

edit: Teddy also had 4 fumbles in that stretch. 2 the running backs recovered.

Now if that would Case throwing like that. Some of you would be sending him packing on a rail out of town.

Now if that would Case throwing like that. Some of you would be sending him packing on a rail out of town.
with our line now, and in this offense.... with the receivers he has to throw to hell yes.  I would be throwing any QB out with those results in their 5th season.  however if he was in his 2nd year playing in a run first offense behind a sieve of an OL with shit targets... no,  no we wouldnt.   

you keep making arguements that are comparing the situations like they are apples to apples comparison.  Teddy was in a much shittier situation than we have right now and he was showing improvements as time went on,  which is what you look for in a young QB.  He looked even better the following pre season before his injury.  Why do you see it as a loss if you were to admit that Teddy was showing improvement?  I think pretty much everybody that contends that Teddy might be a better option, or at least needs to see the field for future considerations is admitting that Case has played pretty good and should continue to start for the short term.

and we are the stubborn ones.. right.

Teddy was on a 11-5 team, AP had the rushing title and we made the playoffs.
Teddy had 29 career starts - Keenum 33...cut me a break!!
It has nothing to do with years but career starts. 

edit: Will admit Teddy looked good in preseason, but it was just that...
I will also admit that Teddy needs some playing time. Pat just needs to find Teddy a quarter to get his feet wet. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
with our line now, and in this offense.... with the receivers he has to throw to hell yes.  I would be throwing any QB out with those results in their 5th season.  however if he was in his 2nd year playing in a run first offense behind a sieve of an OL with shit targets... no,  no we wouldnt.   

you keep making arguements that are comparing the situations like they are apples to apples comparison.  Teddy was in a much shittier situation than we have right now and he was showing improvements as time went on,  which is what you look for in a young QB.  He looked even better the following pre season before his injury.  Why do you see it as a loss if you were to admit that Teddy was showing improvement?  I think pretty much everybody that contends that Teddy might be a better option, or at least needs to see the field for future considerations is admitting that Case has played pretty good and should continue to start for the short term.

But your making the contention that Teddy is a better option based on a different situation a situation with Teddy on two good legs Thinking it's an apples to apples comparison.  Teddy was showing improvement, and in preseason it looked like he had improved.  But hope died that day he's knee dislocated.  count me as one on the other side that thinks Teddy is a better option and for future consideration.  Every Viking fan should know by know you don't put any stock in to next year.  Mike Florio just made a point about Keenum, talking about the play (horseshoe) If Russell Wilson makes that play he's great, Case Keenum makes that play and he's lucky.
Case Keenum is the all time NCAA leader in Passing Yards, Completions, 300 yards a game per season, 300 yard passing yard games for career, most passing TD's    I didn't know that until last night.    I had no idea what to expect from Keenum, preseason meh... I thought Henicke was the better option.  I didn't no really anything about his play with other teams never went and look up anything with him.  Didn't expect anything from Keenum Week 2, Week 3 YES, (even with that great game, the negatives were coming (people being negative)) week 4 People point to this one as proof that Case can't get it done.  I've talked about it in the "what more do you want from Case" thread and Florio and PA talked about that game this morning.  They focused on losing Dalvin and the doom that hung over the team when that happened.  I wish people would go back and watch the end of the 1st half and the whole second half of that game.  You show me where Case played poorly.  Every time I saw a poor throw he came right back to make a great throw.  2 back to back fumbles (not involving him) and losing your Starting RB  and a third fumble by Theilen on a potential game tying drive under 2 mins.  The Vikings average about 10 offensive drives per game.  The second half of that game saw 3 fumbles, a missed field goal and a turnover on downs inside the 10.  Case performed well enough to put them in position to win that game. Case is playing as well or better than anyone would expect from a QB.  He was labeled a back-up (draft profile) yet produced NCAA records.  He's performing as a starter, but people still want to look at his label.  Florio also had the take that Zimmer knows the Case plays better under the pressure of your the backup and that's why Zimmer has been "undecided" Case is making that "undecided" a ridiculous notion.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:

But your making the contention that Teddy is a better option based on a different situation a situation with Teddy on two good legs Thinking it's an apples to apples comparison.  Teddy was showing improvement, and in preseason it looked like he had improved.  But hope died that day he's knee dislocated.  count me as one on the other side that thinks Teddy is a better option and for future consideration.  Every Viking fan should know by know you don't put any stock in to next year.  Mike Florio just made a point about Keenum, talking about the play (horseshoe) If Russell Wilson makes that play he's great, Case Keenum makes that play and he's lucky.
Case Keenum is the all time NCAA leader in Passing Yards, Completions, 300 yards a game per season, 300 yard passing yard games for career, most passing TD's    I didn't know that until last night.    I had no idea what to expect from Keenum, preseason meh... I thought Henicke was the better option.  I didn't no really anything about his play with other teams never went and look up anything with him.  Didn't expect anything from Keenum Week 2, Week 3 YES, (even with that great game, the negatives were coming (people being negative)) week 4 People point to this one as proof that Case can't get it done.  I've talked about it in the "what more do you want from Case" thread and Florio and PA talked about that game this morning.  They focused on losing Dalvin and the doom that hung over the team when that happened.  I wish people would go back and watch the end of the 1st half and the whole second half of that game.  You show me where Case played poorly.  Every time I saw a poor throw he came right back to make a great throw.  2 back to back fumbles (not involving him) and losing your Starting RB  and a third fumble by Theilen on a potential game tying drive under 2 mins.  Case is playing as well or better than anyone would expect from a QB.  He was labeled a back-up (draft profile) yet produced NCAA records.  He's performing as a starter, but people still want to look at his label.  Florio also had the take that Zimmer knows the Case plays better under the pressure of your the backup and that's why Zimmer has been "undecided" Case is making that "undecided" a ridiculous notion.
i didnt make any contention...i mentioned that I had heard Teddys numbers in his last month of regular season football were trending up which supported those that said that he was improving prior to his injury.  I said nothing about Case in that statement.  as far as Cases records.. I knew about them,  but  lets keep things in perspective,  he wasnt playing top notch schools or even second tier schools in most weeks.   University of Houston is one of those schools that the real NCAA warms up on before they play their real games.  Great story, not taking anything away from him, but its not really all that relevant in a conversation about the pros.  

I am not having another pointless conversation on Case or who should be starting ... its really a dead topic.  People have their opinions,  they are valid on both sides and it should be the end of it.

Quote: But in your eyes Louisville is a top notch school cause Teddy played there??

But in your eyes Louisville is a top notch school cause Teddy played there??
ACC is the current holder of the Title Belt. Louisville has the current holder of the Heisman Trophy...what point were you failing to make?