Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cousins be resigned? (SPOILER ALERT.... NO!)
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
When does Kirks $29M in dead cap officially hit our books? Wednesday AM or ?

Wednesday at 3PM central

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
How does $38mm per strike you?

I think its a bit low, but the achilles is an issue that has to impact thinking.
Strikes me as a starting point. If it's firm he's probably gone!

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I think its a bit low, but the achilles is an issue that has to impact thinking.
It's less than Daniel Jones is making.  It seems designed to push him out the door by insulting him.   And they appear to be holding a hard line on it.  The only caveat is, this reported value could be entirely made up bullshit.   
Yup, I thought about D.Dimes too...Cousins is a better qb and I would think would get paid more. ATL is probably willing to do that. 

Accept as you say the reported value could be bs for now. 

If that figure is true, I wonder if they've added any performance incentives such as playoff games and personal performance incentives. It is less than Daniel Jones but with incentives, could be more.

@"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

It's less than Daniel Jones is making.  It seems designed to push him out the door by insulting him.   And they appear to be holding a hard line on it.  The only caveat is, this reported value could be entirely made up bullshit.   
Yup, I thought about D.Dimes too...Cousins is a better qb and I would think would get paid more. ATL is probably willing to do that. 

side note, is there a dumber nickname in sports than "Danny (dropping) Dimes"?  Unless somebody is being sarcastic,  he is about as average and overpaid as any out there.  Dimes would imply that he has good long range accuracy and hits them with regularity,  he is the epitome of a dink and dunk passer IMO and with only fair accuracy.

I liked it better when people earned their nicknames through exceptional play, or boneheaded shit ( butt fumble)  Jones has done nothing to warrant any attention or adoration IMO.

ok,  Im done.   :p

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

If that figure is true, I wonder if they've added any performance incentives such as playoff games and personal performance incentives. It is less than Daniel Jones but with incentives, could be more.

No fan would disagree with offering incentives over his $76M (if to be believed).  Set it if playoff appearances etc, maybe playing time. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

side note, is there a dumber nickname in sports than "Danny (dropping) Dimes"?  Unless somebody is being sarcastic,  he is about as average and overpaid as any out there.  Dimes would imply that he has good long range accuracy and hits them with regularity,  he is the epitome of a dink and dunk passer IMO and with only fair accuracy.

I liked it better when people earned their nicknames through exceptional play, or boneheaded shit ( butt fumble)  Jones has done nothing to warrant any attention or adoration IMO.

ok,  Im done.   :p
Oh its done "tongue in cheek"

I love that someone here labeled Payton as Dingus - perfection

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Jones was coming off a playoff game in which we made him look like Dan Marino and is much younger, so while I never would have given Jones that contract, all things considered, the comparison to Kirk's rumored offer is far from an insult.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Jones was coming off a playoff game in which we made him look like Dan Marino and is much younger, so while I never would have given Jones that contract, all things considered, the comparison to Kirk's rumored offer is far from an insult.  
Yep. I get why players would love to use bad deals (Jones, Carr, Watson) as comps but I’m sure other teams see those contracts for what they are and don’t feel the need to up their offer just because some other franchise got crazy a year or two ago.

If the Vikings are offering Kirk 2 years at $38M per that seems about right to me. Especially considering that with everything we know, they only seem to be bidding against one other potential team. Now if a third team comes in and blows our offer out of the water then that’s unfortunate. But I’d be hard pressed to blame KAM for that.

We’ll see where Kirk ends up and what the final numbers are. Based on the info coming out today I’m inclined to think Kirk will be back.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Yep. I get why players would love to use bad deals (Jones, Carr, Watson) as comps but I’m sure other teams see those contracts for what they are and don’t feel the need to up their offer just because some other franchise got crazy a year or two ago.

If the Vikings are offering Kirk 2 years at $38M per that seems about right to me. Especially considering that with everything we know, they only seem to be bidding against one other potential team. Now if a third team comes in and blows our offer out of the water then that’s unfortunate. But I’d be hard pressed to blame KAM for that.

We’ll see where Kirk ends up and what the final numbers are. Based on the info coming out today I’m inclined to think Kirk will be back.
at the bold,  but it doesnt seem to be the case,  I havent checked the numbers,  but the new QB deals seem to be outpacing most other positions when it comes to pay,  teams are continually overpaying for lesser than QB play.   We always hear,  thats just where the market is,  but how many teams would be better off in hindsight saying fuck it... go test the market,  we are starting over instead of getting handcuffed by a shit deal,  looking at the state of many of these deals signed by guys that are nothing to write home about to date, I would say most teams would benefit from a new face vs getting cap fucked by the fear of losing a middling QB.