Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out
Mark Wilf declined to say who is on the Vikings' internal search committee for the new GM/coach, but added: "Believe me, the cupboard is not bare. We have a great amount of football knowledge and business in this building and we’re going to lean on that heavily."

#Vikings WR Adam Thielen on Rick Spielman addressing team today: "Really just thanking everybody for everything they've done. Obviously, it was a tough day for him. ... He just showed his appreciation to everyone."

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
The more I thought about it, it is time for a clean break.  Zimmer was a formality as he had lost the team.  Rick was a different story, but I think it was time to move on there too.  It can't be denied that we have some of the best owners in the league.  They're willing to spend and stay out of the way.  I think that may lead to some big opportunities to bring in big time talent at the GM and Head Coach spots.  The larger question is identifying who they are, because none of the ones I'm hearing about make me real comfortable.  Perhaps Brez for GM and go OC at head coach.
Zimmer didn't lose the locker room.

The Minnesota Vikings are officially in the market for new leadership, and a former NFL head coach climbing his way back up through the collegiate ranks has already been floated as a possibility.Vikings ownership wasted literally no time parting ways with head coach Mike Zimmer and general manager Rick Spielman following the end to a disappointing 8-9 season, cutting both loose on Monday, January 10. The same morning, Mike Ryan of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz, took to the air waves to report that Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin is a prime candidate to return to the NFL as the leading man in Minnesota.
“I truly believe Lane Kiffin is probably gonna be the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings,” Ryan said on the popular sports podcast. “The reason why I think this is because of all the assistants leaving the Mississippi staff and I was told, ‘Look out for the Minnesota Vikings job.’ But he’s not a fit with Rick Spielman. Zimmer just got fired and Spielman just got fired. That’s oil and water, Lane Kiffin and Rick Speilman — not a fit. Now that they’ve cleaned house, look for a total coaching and culture overhaul in Minnesota, and I’ve got Lane Kiffin in the NFL again, possibly.”

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
The more I thought about it, it is time for a clean break.  Zimmer was a formality as he had lost the team.  Rick was a different story, but I think it was time to move on there too.  It can't be denied that we have some of the best owners in the league.  They're willing to spend and stay out of the way.  I think that may lead to some big opportunities to bring in big time talent at the GM and Head Coach spots.  The larger question is identifying who they are, because none of the ones I'm hearing about make me real comfortable.  Perhaps Brez for GM and go OC at head coach.
Just the games  :#

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are officially in the market for new leadership, and a former NFL head coach climbing his way back up through the collegiate ranks has already been floated as a possibility.Vikings ownership wasted literally no time parting ways with head coach Mike Zimmer and general manager Rick Spielman following the end to a disappointing 8-9 season, cutting both loose on Monday, January 10. The same morning, Mike Ryan of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz, took to the air waves to report that Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin is a prime candidate to return to the NFL as the leading man in Minnesota.
“I truly believe Lane Kiffin is probably gonna be the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings,” Ryan said on the popular sports podcast. “The reason why I think this is because of all the assistants leaving the Mississippi staff and I was told, ‘Look out for the Minnesota Vikings job.’ But he’s not a fit with Rick Spielman. Zimmer just got fired and Spielman just got fired. That’s oil and water, Lane Kiffin and Rick Speilman — not a fit. Now that they’ve cleaned house, look for a total coaching and culture overhaul in Minnesota, and I’ve got Lane Kiffin in the NFL again, possibly.”
seems like a fairy tale, and a bad one at that.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
Just the games  :#
aww man... to soon. =)

So, are we in Play Like Dung For Young or Crap Out Loud For Stroud?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
I don't think it will take very long for Spelly to get a new GM position.

Zimmer, I think, is and should be done as a HC candidate.  I don't even think there would be much of a market for him as a DC.  
i agree as a HC, but dont shit yourself,  he will have calls in the next week or so for new DC opportunities.
He has struggled to coach a good defense the last few years.  I think the game, even on D, has passed him bye, but we will see.  
When they lost 3 starting CBs and started over with rookies, his D suffered.  That is all.  Of course losing Hunter 2 years in a row really helped as well.