Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primer: Upcoming Debates

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Mike Olson said:
@MaroonBells said:
Much better debate last night. No matter which side you're on, you have to agree that it was good to see an actual conversation about issues instead of the loud and furious donnybook that occurred a couple weeks ago.  Shame about the fly. There are close ups that show it's holding a Biden Harris sign. For realz. 

For 5 years I've said that this is not about politics. Not about red v. blue, republican v. democrat. It's about preventing (now removing) a dangerously unfit man from the White House. In terms of public policy, I probably disagree with Pence more than I do Trump, but at least he's sane. 

Or...put another way....

“Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.” - George Will
I don’t know MB what I saw was that same old tired dude that we have all seen in countless meetings wanting to talk over others and run on and on and on. Women know this dude all too well. The guy with the “now hold on little lady and let me tell you” tone in his voice. Again he couldn’t follow the rules of the debate with the moderator constantly having to try to cut him off to no avail.

Better? Yes but not by much.

The bar was set so low.   Pence barely answered any direct questions, just the ones in his own head.  Questions we would have loved to hear answers on:
Why unmasked events both outside and inside at the WH?
Peaceful transition of power?
Pre-existing condition situation for the upcoming health care plan?Climate change man made?Climate change existential threat?
He doesn't respect the science (Virus or climate change). 
He didn't indicate a care for the poor, sick, or needy (Christian values). 
No respect to the tradition and norms of the republic (GOP honoring of our political process).
He's a fraud
Well that's what you get with a guy that wants a theocracy. I mean he can't just come out and say that. Right?

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@Mike Olson said:
@MaroonBells said:
Much better debate last night. No matter which side you're on, you have to agree that it was good to see an actual conversation about issues instead of the loud and furious donnybook that occurred a couple weeks ago.  Shame about the fly. There are close ups that show it's holding a Biden Harris sign. For realz. 

For 5 years I've said that this is not about politics. Not about red v. blue, republican v. democrat. It's about preventing (now removing) a dangerously unfit man from the White House. In terms of public policy, I probably disagree with Pence more than I do Trump, but at least he's sane. 

Or...put another way....

“Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.” - George Will
I don’t know MB what I saw was that same old tired dude that we have all seen in countless meetings wanting to talk over others and run on and on and on. Women know this dude all too well. The guy with the “now hold on little lady and let me tell you” tone in his voice. Again he couldn’t follow the rules of the debate with the moderator constantly having to try to cut him off to no avail.

Better? Yes but not by much.
That's what I saw. His interruptions compared to hers were logged at 2:1. I see it at work. I experience it at work. It looked the same. And my other expectations were met. While doing the usual post-debate channel surfing, I noted the fox viewer panel labeled her as "abrasive" and he was tired but "presidential". Women have to walk a tightrope. And women of color have to backflips on that tightrope. 

I'm sure Fox viewers are predisposed to prefer Pence. But what was presidential about that other than not popping a squat on stage like Trump? And although she was interrupted and talked over, she was "abrasive"?

Okay.
Oh and I am sure her "Likability" was brought up too. God I hate stupid sexsm. It is just so gross and a fucking bore. Here's what I just can't understand.... For people that want America to be the best country in the world..... (and we all do) why is it so god damned hard to understand that in order for that to happen EVERYONE has to be given a fair shot?