Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For OL Prospects
The Vikings met with Saahdiq Charles who is said to have position flexibility between Tackle & Guard and may be best suited at Guard. He's been mostly projected to go in Rd 3.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Has anyone looked at Matt Hennesy?  Brandt has him #1 IOL
He was number 1 as well on my list of top 5s. But I'd probably have Ruiz tied with him now.

Sounds like NFL teams are really high on Hennessy. He's getting some 1st round buzz, which is probably why Brandt has him #1. He typically ranks based on what he hears, not on what he sees. A lot of these IOL rankings vary widely based on scheme and position flexibility. For example, I think Ben Bartch is a guard in the NFL, where I'd definitely have him in the top 5, but so many still list him with the tackles, where he's more 5 to 10.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jos...draft-2020
i haven't been a fan of TDN's draft opinion since Jon Ledyard left, but I tend to agree with this. Especially Austin Jackson. He's got that premiere athleticism that the Vikings will love, but he scares the shit out of me by how he plays, his temperament, body language. 

Now watch the Vikings take Grant Delpit and Austin Jackson. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
i haven't been a fan of TDN's draft opinion since Jon Ledyard left, but I tend to agree with this. Especially Austin Jackson. He's got that premiere athleticism that the Vikings will love, but he scares the shit out of me by how he plays, his temperament, body language. 

Now watch the Vikings take Grant Delpit and Austin Jackson. 
The only guy I consistently read is Reid...

Delpit and Jackson, I might actually stroke out...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1251560943793799168

Netane Muti, 6'3", 315, Fresno st-

- Play Strength/Anchor
- Aggressive/Nastiness
- Physicality and toughness
- Short area quickness
- Range
- 2nd level work
- Movement skills/Mobility
- Scheme versatile
- Ability to displace defenders
- Tone setter
- Injury history#NFLDraft
What is everyone's opinion/thoughts on where Muti will go in the draft?

He would be an instant starting mauler Guard.  Looks better/stronger then Hernandez who we passed on.

Except the injury history.  

FWIW - I just ran PFF 3 times and Muti went 27, 37, 38.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

- Play Strength/Anchor
- Aggressive/Nastiness
- Short area quickness
- Range
- 2nd level work
- Scheme versatile
- Tone setter

He would be an instant starting mauler Guard.  Looks better/stronger then Hernandez who we passed on.

The guy at PFF, can't remember his name, is a huge Muti fan. For good reason. Muti's tape is awesome. But his injury concerns will likely drop him to day three. And probably late in day three.

There are three draft writers who are head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of their connections to NFL front offices and scouting personnel: Gil Brandt, Daniel Jeremiah and Bob McGinn. Muti doesn't show up in Jeremiah's top 150, nor does he show up in Brandt's top 150. In McGinn's IOL rankings, Muti shows up in "others" after late rounders like Dotson and Stenberg. To me, this means one thing: NFL teams are scared to death of Muti's injuries. 

Only takes one team to take a gamble, but right now I'd be more surprised if he went day two than if he went undrafted. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

- Play Strength/Anchor
- Aggressive/Nastiness
- Short area quickness
- Range
- 2nd level work
- Scheme versatile
- Tone setter

The guy at PFF, can't remember his name, is a huge Muti fan. For good reason. Muti's tape is awesome. But his injury concerns will likely drop him to day three. And probably late in day three.

There are three draft writers who are head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of their connections to NFL front offices and scouting personnel: Gil Brandt, Daniel Jeremiah and Bob McGinn. Muti doesn't show up in Jeremiah's top 150, nor does he show up in Brandt's top 150. In McGinn's IOL rankings, Muti shows up in "others" after late rounders like Dotson and Stenberg. To me, this means one thing: NFL teams are scared to death of Muti's injuries. 

Only takes one team to take a gamble, but right now I'd be more surprised if he went day two than if he went undrafted. 
Wow really day 3 and maybe undrafted.  I would take a chance on him in a heartbeat with our 132 pick and probably even our 105 depending on the draft fell before that.  But what do I know?  Don't answer that Smile

You have to take a chance on Muti. The ceiling is through the roof, as MJ would say. Tua's going Top 10, probably Top 5, with what could easily turn into a degenerative hip condition. 

Imagine Ruiz and Muti! Samia becomes the swing Guard. Elf is the emerging Center. Williams and O'Neill at Tackles with Udoh in training to replace Hill as the swing Tackle. It'll cost you Harris, but the Line is fixed and deep for years to come!