Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season starts now....
Thanksgiving weekend kicks off the 'real' season. The only real threat to the Viking's playoff chances are the Rams, and they still have to play the Seahawks and 49ers. But we've seen worse things happen, can't be completely discounted yet. So after the weekend's events, Minnesota doesn't have a win against a team with a winning record. Hard to judge what kind of team this is for sure. Regardless if Minnesota had Thielen or not tonight, this was going to be a very hard game to win on the road. Its not a must-win, but at the same time, would be great to be competitive. 

For me, this game has all the classic earmarks of a Viking's loss: on the road, best team they'll have played so far. Offensive line collapse in pass protection. Bad Kirk rears his head. Lots of 3 and outs. Viking's D on the field too long. As always, hope to be wrong but its just my gut feel. 

A win tonight is a chance to really put the heat on the Packers as far as a division title. Win tonight? Advantage Vikings imo.

Lose? I think GB's odd's go way up. Vikings vs Pack @ USB later this month needs to be for the division. I dont give a f about a wild card road game. 

Although I should...

And an inspired seahawk team, a win for them puts them into the top spot in the west and a first round bye.... this game has everything pointing toward the sqwaks, so the Vikings will win....and then we shit the bed one of the next 2 weeks.

December games filters out the September/October "pretenders" that started hot.  It's all about how you finish.
Hopefully the bye has helped Zim find answers to the struggling pass D.  It's going to be tested starting tonight.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
And an inspired seahawk team, a win for them puts them into the top spot in the west and a first round bye.... this game has everything pointing toward the sqwaks, so the Vikings will win....and then we shit the bed one of the next 2 weeks.
Yep, I could see that, too. The thing is with being a Viking's fan: we never know where the blow is going to come from. We just know its coming. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yep, I could see that, too. The thing is with being a Viking's fan: we never know where the blow is going to come from. We just know its coming. 
reminds me of my childhood,  i was undersized and bullied quite a bit by older cousins and stuff,  I was constantly flinching expecting a punch in the shoulder or a nuggie on top of the head, except with the Vikings, its like you say...we know its coming we just dont know when.   I have no idea how I will react if we ever do win it all.....tears most likely,  but what else?  I have to think about every emotion associated with the human species will be on display,  hopefully nobody is videotaping or they will likely have GIF material for pucker fans for decades.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
reminds me of my childhood,  i was undersized and bullied quite a bit by older cousins and stuff,  I was constantly flinching expecting a punch in the shoulder or a nuggie on top of the head, except with the Vikings, its like you say...we know its coming we just dont know when.   I have no idea how I will react if we ever do win it all.....tears most likely,  but what else?  I have to think about every emotion associated with the human species will be on display,  hopefully nobody is videotaping or they will likely have GIF material for pucker fans for decades.
I feel you, Jimmy. I have no idea how I'd feel because I don't ever expect to feel that way about Minnesota. I could see myself bursting into tears, no doubt. A lot of emotion would spill out....I've just put so much blood and sweat equity into this franchise with my support. In recent years I've really had to hedge it, because its the only way to deal with the losing and the brutal ways it happens. I have perspective and its just sports, but when you've been a long time fan, it takes a toll. 

The only thing the Vikings have never failed to do is ultimately disappoint.