Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tale As Old As Time
[Image: NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]ANTONIO CALLAWAYWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 13108.jpg]
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Browns were "bracing" for another substance-abuse suspension with recently-waived WR Antonio Callaway.Callaway's ban would be 10 games after he sat out four to begin the season. Fowler also reports that Callaway was once again late for a team function this week. Those off-the-field headaches combined with Callaway's frustrating Sunday play basically had him begging for his release. The light has not come on for 22-year-old Callaway, who could have been a first-round talent in last year's NFL draft.

[Image: NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]ANTONIO CALLAWAYWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 13108.jpg]
Browns waived WR Antonio Callaway.This was probably always how it was going to end for Callaway in Cleveland, or any NFL city for that matter. Physically a first-round talent, Callaway fell to the fourth round in 2018 because of a litany of off-the-field concerns. He then proceeded to earn a four-game substance-abuse ban to begin 2019. When he was on the field, Callaway flashed serious big-play ability but committed more mistakes. A recent final straw was Callaway showing up late to a meeting last week, which earned him a Week 10 healthy scratch. Still only 22, Callaway will probably get a second NFL chance, but his NFL future is dim. His off-the-field issues coupled with his gaffe-prone play will have him on the edge of whatever 53-man roster he ends up on.
RELATED: 

Great, now I have beauty and the beast in my head - F'er.

Yup, same old story re: Callaway...

[Image: Toilet-Flushing-640x420.jpg]

so much promise with this kid, athletically. 

I'd rather see him try to rehab here vs in NE or GB. Compete for depth? #3 or #4???

He just doesn't get it...

It's easier not to get it when you have been allowed to get away with things. For some it will click when they realize they are only hurting themselves and for others it won't. Some people utilize their talents and others waste them.