Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not many picking the Vikings
Perfect time for Cousin Kirk to get the monkey off his back. 

https://www.vikings.com/news/nfl-expert-picks-predicting-vikings-cowboys-matchup

Cowboys 24, Vikings 20—Gregg Rosenthal, NFL.comCowboys 26, Vikings 19 — Pete Prisco, CBS Sports

Cowboys 31, Vikings 20 —Vinnie Iyer, Sporting News

Cowboys 30, Vikings 21 — Michael David Smith, Pro Football Talk

Cowboys 27, Vikings 17 — Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk

Cowboys 26, Vikings 20 — Staff, Bleacher Report

Win Percentage: 50.4%, Average Score: Vikings 22.0, Cowboys 21..0 —FOX Sports

Pre-game win probabilities: Vikings 46%— FiveThirtyEight.com

2 of 8 experts pick the Vikings, CBS Sports3 of 7 experts pick the Vikings, USA TODAY Sports2 of 10 experts pick the Vikings, SB Nation3 of 6 experts pick the Vikings, The MMQB

Outside of a handful of players having good seasons, I dont sense anything special with this edition of the Vikings.

I put my $$ on the Cowboys to cover the spread. I dont trust the game-planning or believe in this team anymore under big situations.  

Sorry to be an eeyore, but I think the talent on the team is over-rated sans a handful of players. Who's having All Pro seasons outside of Kendricks, Hunter, Cook??

There, rant over.

That should seal the deal for a purple upset. Just the type of game they'll win to pull you back in. 

...and rightfully so. I just don't see the Vikings winning this game. And I like KC but he won't step up. Won't happen.

I am glad. Hype does them no good. Put up or shut up.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Outside of a handful of players having good seasons, I dont sense anything special with this edition of the Vikings.
I see it...in flashes. The last 3 quarters of the Packer game, the total dominance over the Eagles, etc. I suspect that's true with most good teams. There are times when they flash and times when they just don't look very good. That's why nobody goes undefeated anymore. 

The good teams are the ones that can iron out the wrinkles, stay healthy, and put it all together late in the season for a run deep into the playoffs.

Not sure if the Vikings are capable of doing that, especially given their ridiculous schedule, and questionable game planning, but it ain't out of the question. 

If Cousins does not play well tonight and we lose, then the monkey on his back gets even heavier. And even if we win the rest of our games 50 zip, it'll be there weighing down any hopes for beating a team on the road in the playoffs. 

September for show, December for dough...

@ Sea, @ Dallas is tough...

Broncos, Bears, Packers, Lions @ Home. 

So the schedule sets-up favorably for the most part. IT is about getting hot and staying healthy the last quarter of the season, no doubt. Maybe they'll surprise me and go on some run if they get to the post-season. 

September for show, December for dough...

@ Sea, @ Dallas is tough...

Broncos, Bears, Packers, Lions @ Home. 

So the schedule sets-up favorably for the most part. IT is about getting hot and staying healthy the last quarter of the season, no doubt. Maybe they'll surprise me and go on some run if they get to the post-season. 
Chargers on the road too. For the postseason, we weed a game at home. At least one. Winning at Dallas and Seattle are hugely important for that. 

I put my $$ on the Cowboys to cover the spread. I dont trust the game-planning or believe in this team anymore under big situations.  

Sorry to be an eeyore, but I think the talent on the team is over-rated sans a handful of players. Who's having All Pro seasons outside of Kendricks, Hunter, Cook??

There, rant over.

That should seal the deal for a purple upset. Just the type of game they'll win to pull you back in. 
Exactly what I did. I'm happy if the Vikings win, but it doesn't sting as much if the Boys cover. If the Boys win by one or two, it will be a double whammy. Typically, my luck!

my ass s ready for kisses from these trolls