Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaylon Smith "Balling out"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...or-cowboys

Huge boon for the Cowboys if he returns to form...top ten talent...Maybe Floyd's nerve injury just needs more time...

I always thought this was a good move as they could afford to wait on him. Big time talent when healthy. Elite.

With that offensive line and the talent at the skills spots, they've got a window open for a decade.

That D is going to need more than 1 guy to surprise.  But I'm happy the kid is back to playing to ball.  Now, we'll just have to wait and see how he handles contact and traffic near his legs.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I always thought this was a good move as they could afford to wait on him. Big time talent when healthy. Elite.

With that offensive line and the talent at the skills spots, they've got a window open for a decade.

I still question whether they should have passed on Jack though

Good for Smith, still hate the Cowboys...Decade window? Might appear that way, with Bryant, Zeke and Zach, but I just cant help wonder how much of last year were the stars aligning just perfectly and some guys having career type years. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Good for Smith, still hate the Cowboys...Decade window? Might appear that way, with Bryant, Zeke and Zach, but I just cant help wonder how much of last year were the stars aligning just perfectly and some guys having career type years. 
Have you seen their offensive line? Best in the league. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Have you seen their offensive line? Best in the league. 
Losing Free to retirement and Leary in Free Agency will hurt a bit.  La'el Collins  (for all the hype) hasn't really established himself as a star player either.  Dallas will still be good, but I wonder if that line won't regress a bit with holes at LG and RT.

This won't help either...

NFL suspended Cowboys DT David Irving four games for violating the league's PEDs policy.
It was announced last month that Irving was facing the ban, and it's now official. Irving played 530 snaps for the Cowboys last season, receiving really strong marks for his pass rush and above-average grades from Pro Football Focus for his run defense. A mammoth man at 6'7/285, Irving single-handedly dominated a handful of games last season, winning DPOW honors in Week 6 and then wrecking the Bucs in Week 15. It's a big blow to an already-undermanned defensive line.