Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick it - the KC Way!
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
[Image: 89_58_popup.jpg]
Looks like the Vikes have another "real" test on Sunday.  The first two against GB and ChiTown didn't turn out so well, but this Viking team has improved.  Pretty sure the offense will need to be scoring TDs instead of FGs, as I don't think 19 points in KC will be enough.
If the Vikes are going to be contenders, it's going to be up to the D, so they have to get better.  Not sure if it's coaching or aging players, or both, but this D just isn't clicking like we've seen it in past seasons, especially defending the pass.  KC will throw, and throw often even without Mahomes.
I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a shootout but the Vikes come out on top - SKOL!Vikes: 31KC BBQ: 24
BTW, those Crowne Prime cut beef ribs at Jack Stack's are insanely delicious, tender and huge.  A single order gives you three, and I could only get through one.

Kansas City has a bunch of great restaurants, especially in the 'Burbs around Leawood, not just great BBQ. Jack Stack is good, but my favorite is LC's and Oklahoma Joe's. And you need to try the mustard BBQ sauce at Brobeck's in Leawood, its unreal. 
Never been to LC's, but Oklahoma Joe's has the most perfect ribs I've ever had.  I actually had to buy a t-shirt from them I loved their food so much.  I've been there 3 or 4 times.  Arthur Bryant's brisket is ridiculous is so frickin' good.
I agree about KC just being a "food" town.  There's a woodfire pizza place called SPIN! that we'd frequent often when our son's family lived there - really good!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
[Image: 89_58_popup.jpg]
Looks like the Vikes have another "real" test on Sunday.  The first two against GB and ChiTown didn't turn out so well, but this Viking team has improved.  Pretty sure the offense will need to be scoring TDs instead of FGs, as I don't think 19 points in KC will be enough.
If the Vikes are going to be contenders, it's going to be up to the D, so they have to get better.  Not sure if it's coaching or aging players, or both, but this D just isn't clicking like we've seen it in past seasons, especially defending the pass.  KC will throw, and throw often even without Mahomes.
I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a shootout but the Vikes come out on top - SKOL!Vikes: 31KC BBQ: 24
BTW, those Crowne Prime cut beef ribs at Jack Stack's are insanely delicious, tender and huge.  A single order gives you three, and I could only get through one.

Kansas City has a bunch of great restaurants, especially in the 'Burbs around Leawood, not just great BBQ. Jack Stack is good, but my favorite is LC's and Oklahoma Joe's. And you need to try the mustard BBQ sauce at Brobeck's in Leawood, its unreal. 
Never been to LC's, but Oklahoma Joe's has the most perfect ribs I've ever had.  I actually had to buy a t-shirt from them I loved their food so much.  I've been there 3 or 4 times.  Arthur Bryant's brisket is ridiculous is so frickin' good.
I agree about KC just being a "food" town.  There's a woodfire pizza place called SPIN! that we'd frequent often when our son's family lived there - really good!
Yep, my wife liked SPIN when we lived there. There's a place called Red Snapper just off Ward Parkway that we loved. Also a northern Italian place called North which we were regulars at. 

It might be 40%-60% purple to red here

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
Be loud and proud, Hidalgo - SKOL!

Quote: @Disgustipated said:
27-23 Chiefs.....This team needs to prove that they can beat a quality team on the road.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Bad feeling about this one, Chiefs 27 - 24

Disgustipated has the winning pick with 1VikesFan's "Bad Feeling" being correct also but coming in a close second.
The Vikes could've had this one, but let it slip away.  It's not going to get any easier next week either

@Disgustipated said:
27-23 Chiefs.....This team needs to prove that they can beat a quality team on the road.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Bad feeling about this one, Chiefs 27 - 24

Disgustipated has the winning pick with 1VikesFan's "Bad Feeling" being correct also but coming in a close second.
The Vikes could've had this one, but let it slip away.  It's not going to get any easier next week either

I would take 1/1 vs KC and Dallas on the road. 

But not convinced this team/staff/scheme can pull that off.

@Hidalgo said:
Be loud and proud, Hidalgo - SKOL!
I was, the team ... not so much

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
The Vikingg fans were loud. 

We held our own against the tomahawk chop for most of the game! I am hoarse this morning......