Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one thing that could make me quit watching football summed up in a tweet
I think the Gambling on pro football has a lot to do with all these extra penalties being called along with reviews and super slow motion replays. Gamblers have a hard time swallowing losses to bad calls. Thing is, they still make the wrong calls!!!! 

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
I suggest you guys check out Packers Football. You might like that; the refs have let their offensive line "just play" since 1993...
No thanks, I'll keep my balls

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
I think the Gambling on pro football has a lot to do with all these extra penalties being called along with reviews and super slow motion replays. Gamblers have a hard time swallowing losses to bad calls. Thing is, they still make the wrong calls!!!! 
Follow the money is a pretty safe bet.  And I will bet the gambling community didn't care for NY reversing a non-call on us against GB.

as an nhl fan, the nfl should look at how games are officiated there as far as watchability. Specifically if a minor penalty is away from the play and not affecting said play, let it go. I see too many calls during NFL games that are away from the play. That really drags the game down to unwatchable levels. 
Whatever they do, this needs to be resolved and fast.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Not only that but players are looking around to see if the flag is on them. I know players look around for the flag but it's different now because the refs don't even know what they are calling. There are so many late flags and ref conferences because of inconsistencies and rule changes. And that's another thing, quit fucking with the rules. It's like no one knows what pass interference is now. And then you get New York deciding the call. The extra flags definitely mess with the flow and momentum.
It took them 5 years, or more, to figure out what a catch was. Now they can't figure out what pass interference is. What a joke.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I fondly remember playing H.S. football back in the 70s.  Every guy in H.S. wanted to play and have the chance to just unload on someone's ass.  Some massive hitting going on and hardly any flags.  Maybe off sides or something simple like that.  Even the opposing quarterback was a standing target.  Not like today by no means...
It sure was fun, wasn't it?