Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprised Reed ran the QB Sneak with Mahomes already gimpy...
Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Looks like a minimum of 3 weeks. 
3 weeks is very optimistic. 6 weeks is more likely, providing he doesn't have significant ligament or cartilage damage; in which case, it could be the whole season. 

[Image: soup-nazi.jpg?w=250]
                                       "Chiefs....no Lombardi for you!"

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
well, you WONT be surprised who they play next...
Well, GB will have to play em after a 9 day rest...

We'll have to see how that knee comes around - or not. MRI's today. 

True the knee had nothing to do with the ankle, but I probably would have handed the ball off vs a sneak with my NFL MVP QB on a somewhat gimpy ankle. 

they tried that on the previous downs,  the sneak was the right call for the down and distance as well as the location on the field,  especially considering the success that Mahomes has had on those quick QB dives.

apparently this is 100% on Mahomes.... who apprently is on this years cover of Madden football.... the curse strikes again!

The bigger question is will the phenom Mahomes, who is slight of build, remain healthy enough to have a career in the NFL. Perhaps he will develop into a pocket passer and survive, or maybe not!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
The bigger question is will the phenom Mahomes, who is slight of build, remain healthy enough to have a career in the NFL. Perhaps he will develop into a pocket passer and survive, or maybe not!
he has the smarts and skills to be a pocket passer,  but I certainly think it will hinder his performance numbers.  stuff like this is why i laugh at those that bring him up in the goat conversations based on 1 excellent year.  He actually makes a fair amount of throws from the pocket,  its just that his eye popping sports center highlight stuff is usually when he has to improvise on the run.