Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Depth Breakdown Of Jacob Eason Vs USC
Through the first four games of the season,  Jacob Eason delivered on the mounting hype he has received since he was a five-star recruit in 2016. Cal's defense gave him a run for his money early in the year, but Eason had been otherwise fantastic and given reason for NFL Draft analysts to start legitimately buying into him as opposed to clinging onto his recruiting status and a handful of highlight throws from his freshman year at Georgia. 
Taking on a ranked USC squad should have been the perfect stage for Eason to prove himself. USC entered the game with a third-string QB, so a shootout was not likely, but the Trojans had a decent 52nd-ranked SP+ defense heading into the contest. That is not a great defense by any means, but it is better than any defense Eason had faced to this point in the year aside from Cal. For Eason to put up a good performance against a decent USC defense en route to earning a conference win could have done wonders for his NFL draft stock. 

Alas, Eason was just okay. He was not bad; he was not particularly impressive. Eason threw zero touchdowns to zero interceptions while maintaining a 6.9 yards per attempt average. Despite stunning arm strength and a cabinet full of talented receivers, Eason hardly cut it loose the way many expected him to. He was instead relegated to quick game and check down duty.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/qb-kla...acob-eason

I am leery of west coast football players, i know its likely unwarranted,  but it just seems that the bust factor seems higher.   maybe its the quality of competition and they look better than they really are?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am leery of west coast football players, i know its likely unwarranted,  but it just seems that the bust factor seems higher.   maybe its the quality of competition and they look better than they really are?
There are actually a lot of excellent NFL QBs and even Hall of Fame QBs either born or went to college on the West Coast. You can do a quick Google search and see if interested. I think the problem lies in just how unpredictable it is drafting a QB that turns out to be good in the NFL. College stats often mean next to nothing....and then other times, they do. Its crazy how hard it is to know. Rare are the mortal locks. Not sure what crystal ball to use for guidance on that.

I just know the Vikings need one next Spring. I can only cross my fingers and hope the dude pans out. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
There are actually a lot of excellent NFL QBs and even Hall of Fame QBs either born or went to college on the West Coast. You can do a quick Google search and see if interested. I think the problem lies in just how unpredictable it is drafting a QB that turns out to be good in the NFL. College stats often mean next to nothing....and then other times, they do. Its crazy how hard it is to know. Rare are the mortal locks. Not sure what crystal ball to use for guidance on that.

I just know the Vikings need one next Spring. I can only cross my fingers and hope the dude pans out. 
Sorry,  I should have clarified,  more recently I have become leery of west coast players.  last 10-15 years or so.  I know at one time they turned out a lot of quality players from California and others out there,  but the last 10-15 years that pipeline seems to have dried up considerably.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Sorry,  I should have clarified,  more recently I have become leery of west coast players.  last 10-15 years or so.  I know at one time they turned out a lot of quality players from California and others out there,  but the last 10-15 years that pipeline seems to have dried up considerably.
Yeah, 2 areas where very good NFL QBs come from lately is Texas and Georgia (high school). Probably the two best known Cali kids today are Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers (high school). 

Luck was a Stanford product...I dunno...I know current brain trust is past due for picking a QB that can perform at a high level...

[Image: University%20of%20Washington.png]
Washington redshirt junior QB Jacob Eason completed just 16-of-36 passes for 206 yards, one touchdown and one interception in Saturday's 23-13 loss at Stanford.Eason (6'6/227) was terribly inaccurate in a game which saw the already bleak playoff chances snuffed out for the Huskies. It also didn't help that Eason saw his top running back, Richard Newton (leg), go out with an apparent leg injury. The Huskies will look to rebound in next Saturday's road trip to Arizona in a battle against QB Khalil Tate.
Oct 6, 2019, 3:30 AM ET

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: University%20of%20Washington.png]
Washington redshirt junior QB Jacob Eason completed just 16-of-36 passes for 206 yards, one touchdown and one interception in Saturday's 23-13 loss at Stanford.Eason (6'6/227) was terribly inaccurate in a game which saw the already bleak playoff chances snuffed out for the Huskies. It also didn't help that Eason saw his top running back, Richard Newton (leg), go out with an apparent leg injury. The Huskies will look to rebound in next Saturday's road trip to Arizona in a battle against QB Khalil Tate.
Oct 6, 2019, 3:30 AM ET
Reminds me of Matthew Stafford,   except for the parts about his QB play.