Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want another OROY Candidate?

Nothing against Watson at all. I like this kid and he's a very hard and dedicated worker. Mature. But the NFL hype machine is always working in overdrive and fans eat it up with a big spoon. This is the first preseason game and Watson was in against mostly scrubs. Every preseason its like this. 

Right team, wrong guy...I think Foreman will be the more impressive rookie...Watson has a lot of skill, but he can get pretty wild with his throws...right now he's more athlete than QB...pretty much the same guy I saw at Clemson...definitely not worth his draft slot imo...yet...

And, is it just me...if McCaffery walked off a high school team bus it would look perfectly natural?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And, is it just me...if McCaffery walked off a high school team bus it would look perfectly natural?
Yes, he's incredibly youthful looking. I'll be very curious to see what kind of career he'll have in the NFL.

It's going to be hard for Savage to hold off the rook, but I think he will. Watson's mobility looked great, but he threw a couple pretty bad passes, and a great defensive team won't tolerate ball insecurity. I think O'Brien's mindset has to be if he goes with Watson, there's no turning back. And a playoff team will live or die on the shoulders of a rookie. But if he goes with Savage and he struggles at any point, he can always turn to the rook. Need to see more, but I think it would be foolish to mess with the chemistry Savage and Hopkins have built in camp. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Right team, wrong guy...I think Foreman will be the more impressive rookie...Watson has a lot of skill, but he can get pretty wild with his throws...right now he's more athlete than QB...pretty much the same guy I saw at Clemson...definitely not worth his draft slot imo...yet...
Foreman looked really good. Do you think he beats out Lamar Miller? Not sure what that competition has been looking like this summer. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Foreman looked really good. Do you think he beats out Lamar Miller? Not sure what that competition has been looking like this summer. 
Nope, but I see a rbbc forming...