Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A letter to the Vikings
Dear Vikings,I know things aren’t going great up there for number 8. I’d never wish an injury or benching on another player. But I’d be lying if there wasn’t a little voice in my head saying what if? What if you suddenly needed a starting QB? What if my current team turns to a high picked rookie and is willing to trade an Abiline  boy who gave his all for the team then and isn’t on the right team at the right time now? Tell Coach Zim I still have that horseshoe in my back pocket right above those big balls.He can throw me under the bus as much as he wants. No coddling needed here.
Nowadays, my goals are modest. Just give me the best football fans that state has to offer, put em all under one roof, and let’s finish what we started.
Signed C. Keenum

Just a thought: I wonder what fans would have thought of Keenum WITHOUT the Minneapolis Miracle? Because the guy had thrown for like 165 yards in that game before that. Cousins last year threw 30 TDs last season and over 4,000 yards.

And I say this liking Case Keenum. But I don't want him back. I'm not sure that I want Cousins either but he's what I've got now and next year. 

I'll say this much about Case, his mobility in this offense would be a welcome addition...plus his ability to hold on to the ball...he put it up for grabs more often, but at least he didn't fumble nearly as often...

Keenum wasn't the answer, nor is Cousins. It's as simple as that.

Keenum was cheap at least. We royally fucked up with that contract.

i heard this bit on bumper to bumper this week and it made me chuckle.) This still feels to me like Elvis Grbac over Rich Gannon, KC chiefs 1997.

Not a huge Case fan, disappointed in KC to-date. Watching Teddy's debut vs Seattle today too. Not sure how much he's able to progress vs what we saw from him here.

Frankly, too bad we're discussing QB's. Was really hoping that era of Vikings was behind us. 

Pulling for Cousins to succeed is my only path forward for now. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Frankly, too bad we're discussing QB's. Was really hoping that era of Vikings was behind us. 

Pulling for Cousins to succeed is my only path forward for now. 
This. Its the bottom line. I have to hope that Cousins is somehow better than he's proven to be up until now.

You know what they say about leopards and their spots. And what hand fills up faster.....

Cousins has more talent.  Case was a winner with less talent. 

I still think Cousins can lead us to the Super Bowl. 

I wonder what the team would have done without taking Cousins. He was the best of the options available. Case was lucky and good. Nothing wrong with having some luck on your side. Super sad about what happened to Teddy. He is doing his best to move on. Cousins is still a work in progress. He can make incredible throws one minute and a ridiculously boneheaded play the next. Regardless he is going to finish his contract at least. I am hoping for the best otherwise there may be a rebuild coming.

Reload...huge cap savings and if we can find a QB in the 2020 Draft...the window stays open...