Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No, No He Really Can't
Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said O.J. Howard can play "a heck of a lot better than he's playing."Howard, who many pegged as a breakout candidate this year, has been invisible in the early going, tallying just four catches for 32 yards while earning PFF's worst grade among qualified tight ends. When asked of Howard's early struggles, Arians said, "You’d probably have to ask him. He has so much talent. He can play a heck of a lot better than he’s playing." Howard's goose egg Thursday at Carolina (he wasn't even targeted) was certainly not what fantasy owners anticipated when they spent a mid-round pick on him in fantasy drafts this summer.
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

I'll take our Bama TE seven days a week and twice on Sundays...and Thursdays...Mondays...and the odd Saturday...remember that time we played on a Tuesday?...wild...

Howard had the reputation of playing "lazy" coming out of college. Not many wanted to buy it because he was so incredibly talented, but I was not a fan of his in the draft for that reason. Sounds like the lazy gene followed him to the NFL. 

Bruce Arians has never really used a TE that much in his offenses has he? I can't even name any Arizona TEs from the past few years. Howard might be lazy too, but that offense isn't designed for him to put up numbers. He was a big fade in fantasy football this year for me for that reason.