Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your MN Vikings 2019 USB Stadium Food Line-Up
Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
I can tell you right now...  I won't be getting food at Be Graceful's...
Ha!

You probably wouldn't like Cafe Gratitude either...It's one of our faves when visiting our kid in LA. The LA scene has Vegan places that are pretty damn good believe it or not.

https://www.cafegratitude.com/arts_district_menu

And get ready for the avalanche of vegan, plant based product about to hit your store shelves:

[Image: vegan-plant-based-news-happy-little-plan...68x601.jpg]

I don't get the making vegetables to look like meat thing.  I worked for a Seventh Day Adventist and they had non meat meatballs, summer sausage and meat patties.  Learned to love a fried egg sandwich.  Never under stood it as they raised cattle and when not on the farm ate steaks and burgers.
7th day adventist are known as group in society with the best overall long term health.  the two other groups, similar profile very little meat (local), predominantly plant based

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
I'd buy beef from Jimmy but he's a long ways from Idaho!  I typically buy conventionally reared beef and eat it with satisfied smile!  No Fake meat for me!  Interesting that meat has an ideal amino acid profile and more closely matches the amino acid requirements of humans.  Plants have lower quality protein (fewer required amino acids than beef or other meat).  Meat for the win in taste and good nutrition!
That is not true, there are a number of plants such as soybeans, quinoa, buckwheat and kamut that are complete proteins and have all of the essential amino acids.  In addition, you do not need to get all of your amino acids in one meal and can get them throughout the day.  Fortunately, the myth that you need meat sources for protein has been proved false and everyone can choose the source that best suits their health needs and values.  

Not sure why anyone would care if there are plant based protein products for people like this or not. Just don't eat it, right? Its a huge market and lots of people are into this stuff. Its not for me, but I get that we live in a big ol' world and some want to try and either be: healthier or don't like meat. 

One thing: do yourself a favor. Limit your red meat intake. It is definitely not good for you. Moderation, just like anything else.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not sure why anyone would care if there are plant based protein products for people like this or not. Just don't eat it, right? Its a huge market and lots of people are into this stuff. Its not for me, but I get that we live in a big ol' world and some want to try and either be: healthier or don't like meat. 

One thing: do yourself a favor. Limit your red meat intake. It is definitely not good for you. Moderation, just like anything else.
so that 12oz ribeye and fried egg breakfast that I just had is likely not on your recommended list?   B)

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
I can tell you right now...  I won't be getting food at Be Graceful's...
Ha!

You probably wouldn't like Cafe Gratitude either...It's one of our faves when visiting our kid in LA. The LA scene has Vegan places that are pretty damn good believe it or not.

https://www.cafegratitude.com/arts_district_menu

That menu actually doesn't look too bad...  interestingly enough, I'm not against vegetarian meals.  My wife and I actually substitute veggies for a lot of things that call for pasta or carbs.  For example, we make lasagna with slices of egg plant and other veggies to "simulate" lasagna noodles, we'll make mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, use hummus for sandwich spreads and dip, etc.

I just don't get the fake meat thing...  it seems hypocritical to me to want to eat something that needs to be processed to taste like meat...  because you are against eating meat (for health reasons, anti-hunting, etc.).  But if it makes people happy, keep eating it.  I won't judge you.  Just don't judge me when I'm eating a juicy burger or steak.

:-D

fake meat or meat like looking products are great transition items but not the core (like meat) of a healthy diet.  as someone who has been plant based since Favre signed up, its about opening people’s eyes to what plants can taste like.  

more plants in your diet is no doubt a healthier plan. Healthier plan. healthier people.  healthier health care system (#1 killer of americans is heart disease). lower cost. lower emissions. lower water pollution. lower land usage 

win win for all if you can make fake meat the transitional item

I eat just about everything except olives. I like options. Some options I might not like. I like to eat. More things to eat? Cool.

Quote: @Skodin said:
fake meat or meat like looking products are great transition items but not the core (like meat) of a healthy diet.  as someone who has been plant based since Favre signed up, its about opening people’s eyes to what plants can taste like.  

more plants in your diet is no doubt a healthier plan. Healthier plan. healthier people.  healthier health care system (#1 killer of americans is heart disease). lower cost. lower emissions. lower water pollution. lower land usage 

win win for all if you can make fake meat the transitional item
Yep. Not sure why people who enjoy meat would care about why others might want options like plant-based proteins. Its a big world out there with different views on food and there's zero doubt its healthier. I love meat but I've tried some nut-based dips and they are surprisingly good (I'm a dairy freak, but actively trying to eat less of it). The Impossible Whopper at Burger King is pretty damn decent, its not a veggie burger like some think. That's a different thing and gross as hell. 

Trust me, I love meat, carbs, the whole thing but I get to try a lot of new foods and trends thanks to my wife's job and they have come light years farther than even just 10 years ago. Some of this stuff is really decent.