Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimm being Zimm...
Quote: @njvike said:
@greediron said:
@njvike said:
Based on reality.
I liked Tice, but he was in over his head.  Ownership didn't do him any favors, but he was a great O-line coach.  .

Childress was brought in to bring order after the love boat days of Tice.  But as he was a fraud and bent his own rules once he felt the pressure of winning.  He also left the cupboard pretty bare.
Frazier was a Childress left-over.  Will have to watch the tape, but pretty sure he sucked worse.
Zimmer.  Needs to win, and win in the playoffs.  He has dealt with some real issues that have held the team back, but he has the confidence of the team and consistently fields a great defense.  The one year he had an offensive coordinator, he was on another BACKUP QB, and made it to the NFCCG.  Your brutal home loss was anything but brutal, except for the weather and Shank Walsh. 

Oh, and you BACKUP QB and 2nd YEAR HEAD COACH won a superbowl, beating the invincible BB and Brady!
 Chilly in 4.5 seasons : 1-2 in the Playoffs, 1 NFCC road appearance (lost in OT by 3)
Zimmer in 5 seasons  : 1-2 in the Playoffs, 1 NFCC road appearance (crushed by 31, game over at halftime)

Seems almost identical to me.....with the exception of one NFCC game being competitive and the other, well, not so much.

And mentioning the BB and Brady combo in a comparison with Zimmer and Cousins is beyond laughable, even for you. But, if you insist, how did BB and Brady respond to that SB defeat the following season? Oh, yeah....They won their 6th Championship in 9 appearances since 2000.

How did Zimmer and (insert Viking QB flavor of the year here) respond to THEIR humiliating defeat? Oh, yeah. They pissed down their leg in the final game of the season (at home) and failed to make the playoffs. That's really an apples to apples comparison. Good job.
Not sure why I even respond as your bit is mostly trolling.
I didn't compare Billicheat and Brady to Zimmer and Cousins.  I merely pointed out that the QB and coach you denigrated as subpar went on to beat the Patriots in the superbowl.  The eagles and Foles had some magic going on that year, part of it was changing their offense in the playoffs to better suit Foles and that made it very difficult to game plan for.
Oh and the following year.  Our OC got poached for a head coaching job.  NE's OC turned down a HC job to stay there.  So yeah, the following year was a bit different.  One team had the continuity they have had for many years, BIllicheat, Brady and McDaniels.  What did we have?  Zimmer, new QB, new failure of an OC, lost our line coach/run game coordinator.
Talk about apples.  You wouldn't know an apple if it fell on your head.

Quote: @greediron said:
@njvike said:
 Chilly in 4.5 seasons : 1-2 in the Playoffs, 1 NFCC road appearance (lost in OT by 3)
Zimmer in 5 seasons  : 1-2 in the Playoffs, 1 NFCC road appearance (crushed by 31, game over at halftime)

Seems almost identical to me.....with the exception of one NFCC game being competitive and the other, well, not so much.

And mentioning the BB and Brady combo in a comparison with Zimmer and Cousins is beyond laughable, even for you. But, if you insist, how did BB and Brady respond to that SB defeat the following season? Oh, yeah....They won their 6th Championship in 9 appearances since 2000.

How did Zimmer and (insert Viking QB flavor of the year here) respond to THEIR humiliating defeat? Oh, yeah. They pissed down their leg in the final game of the season (at home) and failed to make the playoffs. That's really an apples to apples comparison. Good job.
I didn't compare Billicheat and Brady to Zimmer and Cousins.  I merely pointed out that the QB and coach you denigrated as subpar went on to beat the Patriots in the superbowl.  The eagles and Foles had some magic going on that year, part of it was changing their offense in the playoffs to better suit Foles and that made it very difficult to game plan for.
Oh and the following year.  Our OC got poached for a head coaching job.  NE's OC turned down a HC job to stay there.  So yeah, the following year was a bit different.  One team had the continuity they have had for many years, BIllicheat, Brady and McDaniels.  What did we have?  Zimmer, new QB, new failure of an OC, lost our line coach/run game coordinator.
Tsk, tsk. For shame. Those are not very nice things to say, particularly coming from a person who chose to publicly reprimand me for using the offensive term "slappy" in response to someone who was trolling ME. Careful, Zygi might take away your "Bestest Viking Fan Ever!" badge!

And, you DID introduce BB and Brady into the discussion, not me. Don't get your purple panties in a bunch when someone responds to something YOU wrote, OK?

But to close this on a positive, I gotta give you credit : you have certainly earned your Doctorate in "Vikings Excuses". Too funny.....4 OC's, 4 QB's and 4 kickers in 4 seasons.....but NO ONE is at fault, it's just bad luck. Similarly, NE has had stability coupled with unprecedented success for this entire century, but THAT'S the product of cheating and good luck. Hoooookay.

And I agree, please don't bother replying, your blind allegiance drivel makes my head hurt. Thanks in advance!

Quote: @njvike said:
@greediron said:
@njvike said:

Tsk, tsk. For shame. Those are not very nice things to say, particularly coming from a person who chose to publicly reprimand me for using the offensive term "slappy" in response to someone who was trolling ME. Careful, Zygi might take away your "Bestest Viking Fan Ever!" badge!

And, you DID introduce BB and Brady into the discussion, not me. Don't get your purple panties in a bunch when someone responds to something YOU wrote, OK?

But to close this on a positive, I gotta give you credit : you have certainly earned your Doctorate in "Vikings Excuses". Too funny.....4 OC's, 4 QB's and 4 kickers in 4 seasons.....but NO ONE is at fault, it's just bad luck. Similarly, NE has had stability coupled with unprecedented success for this entire century, but THAT'S the product of cheating and good luck. Hoooookay.

And I agree, please don't bother replying, your blind allegiance drivel makes my head hurt. Thanks in advance!
In case you missed it (of course you did) I was insinuating you probably don't believe in gravity either.  It was probably Rick's fault.
And why yes I did introduce the Patriots to the discussion.  And follow the bouncing ball, I didn't compare them to Mike and Cousins.  I simply said, your lame excuse that Philly had a 2nd year coach and backup QB rings about as hollow as that apple did when it bounced.  Your insinuation that they were a horrible team that beat Mike Zimmer and Rick (was he the DB that bit on the double move?) doesn't fly when they also took it too the patriots in the superbowl.  They were the best team most of the year, then got hot in the playoffs with Foles.
And the only panties in a bunch is obviously your feelings since you can't call people names.  So if you want to argue here, you might have to get a bit more creative, rather than instantly skipping a grade or 2 and going to 5th grade insults.