Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think the Beebe vs. Johnson for the #3 will be a good one ongoing
I still like Beebe, but he continues to be a little inconsistent, which is usually very bad for a guy with limited skills. You need to be on point every time. Money when called on. Bisi Johnson is more athletic, bigger and has strong drive to succeed also. Stefanski also called him 'very smart'. I'm sure he's still learning, but it seems like it could be the kind of thing that by year's end, Bisi passes Chad for that #3 role. 

I don't wish Beebe ill will at all, I love the kids' story. I don't care who's productive in that role, just as long as they are when called upon. 

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/27/vikings-rookie-bisi-johnson-starting-to-separate-himself-from-rest-of-pack/

Beebe will be fine,  despite his inability to show up in actual games. he practices very wel, and that's apparently really appreciatedl by this coaching staff.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Beebe will be fine,  despite his inability to show up in actual games. he practices very wel, and that's apparently really appreciatedl by this coaching staff.
LOL, nice Jimmy.  :p

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Well, he better figure it out soon cos I don't  think the coaches will keep playing him. The coaches I don't think would last long with awesome practice players that are inconsistent during games.

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Well, he better figure it out soon cos I don't  think the coaches will keep playing him. The coaches I don't think would last long with awesome practice players that are inconsistent during games.
 B) 

What are we talking about---PRACTICE---not the game I live and die for

https://twitter.com/PFF_Vikings/status/1...31617?s=20
19. WR OLABISI JOHNSONMINNESOTA VIKINGS – 80.8Seventh-round pick Olabisi Johnson has been lights out on every catch he has made so far this preseason. Out of his six total targets, five of them have had a step or more of separation and four went down as an explosive play. Not to mention, Johnson has also generated a perfect passer rating on his targets and collected 8.2 yards after the catch per reception.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://twitter.com/PFF_Vikings/status/1...31617?s=20
19. WR OLABISI JOHNSONMINNESOTA VIKINGS – 80.8Seventh-round pick Olabisi Johnson has been lights out on every catch he has made so far this preseason. Out of his six total targets, five of them have had a step or more of separation and four went down as an explosive play. Not to mention, Johnson has also generated a perfect passer rating on his targets and collected 8.2 yards after the catch per reception.
He's looked really good.  Despite having just average size for the position... he is quick, runs good routes, and has huge hands.  I think he'll get some snaps on offense this season.